Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
What an honor!!! #14856449 10/05/23 01:52 AM
Fyrfyter Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
It's time for the Billy Dyson Foundation bass tournament, and I am honored that I am able to fish it this year.

I first met Billy (Lizardhead) back when I was guiding and doing the fishing reports for a brand-new platform called the Texas Fishing Forum. I am member number 592. lol. He and Kay booked me for a trip to Fairfield and we had some decent success. The most amazing part of the trip was the friendship that was established that day. After the sudden and unexpected passing of Billy, a hole was left in all of our hearts. He was a beloved moderator for TFF and a great friend to anyone he met. His legacy lives on with this tournament each year, and we humbly ask for your participation. Let's make this the best year ever for the Billy Dyson Foundation Annual Bass Tournament! I'd love to see you all there. JP Greeson... I hope you can make an appearance. I'd love to see you buddy. Been WAY too many years!

Please pass this on to all of your bass fishing buddies!!

Les.

Les Pratt
Re: What an honor!!! [Re: Fyrfyter] #14868993 10/17/23 12:42 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Thank you Les for the kind words! I remember that trip well and it was a fun day fishing, but even better, a friendship was established that day. I really enjoyed getting to see you again and I hope to see you now at least once a year. Thank you for sharing the word and making the long trip to fish and hang out with some old friends.

Kay

Re: What an honor!!! [Re: Fyrfyter] #14883559 10/31/23 11:12 PM
Weekender1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
This is one tournament that I pray I never miss. Billy was an inspiration to me and many others. His wit and friendly attitude just held your attention anytime you were around him. His battle with cancer was just that a battle and I am proud to have spent time with him on the lake and at the Hospital. One thing that I learned from Billy and Kay is that no matter what tournament or what the stakes were I never really competed against Billy and Kay I always competed with them. Seems simple but from the first time I met them I felt that Billy or Kay would both stop to help out another angler in need and I have adjusted my attitude to reflect that same manner. You never know how you will help another person and you never know when so always share the lake in the most favorable way you can. I still say a prayer for the Dyson family almost daily and hope this tournament can one day take off in a huge way to help keep Billy Dyson's name on every ones mind.

Jody Kea

Tyler Bass Club
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: What an honor!!! [Re: Fyrfyter] #14891438 11/08/23 11:07 AM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend any Billy Dyson Foundation bass tournaments, but I'm going to try my best this next year.

Billy was a very unique person. I have never met Kay, but I feel like I know her because of the compassion Billy shared with me. I was a complete stranger to Billy. We connected through TFF and then I had the honor of meeting him several times at Skeeter Owners and big bass tournaments on Fork. He invited me to his lake house, dock when he knew I was coming over from Dallas. In all of my life, I have never felt more comfortable meeting a complete stranger than how Billy made me feel. He was unique! I know he is dearly missed by all of his friends and family. God Bless you, Kay.....

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide