Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,040,000
Posts13,973,925
Members144,227
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum #14924336 12/11/23 09:53 AM
S
SenkoSam Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Look I have seen you complain about lack of interest in your posts in the past. I get you enjoy cutting up plastics and splicing them together. You may find it innovative/exciting and that is all that should really matter to your venture. Personally, I don’t see the wow in it. I don’t see any new skills to be developed. I don’t see it as creating something new or developing a new action/style of lure. I see it as no more then basic modifications of existing lures - not developing or building a new lure.

This is why I don’t give a lot of interest and likely why others are not jumping all over your posts. Show me something you created and developed on your own vs hacking up baits and Frankensteining together then you will get my attention

I am only being honest and if you enjoy what you are doing keep at it. It’s your hobby that should be about your personal satisfaction and not extend to others who more or less yawn while reading your posts regarding new shapes that aren't really new.

Granted, I do get a bit wordy at times, but explanations are like that in order to cover all bases and include key elements to consider. Am I wasting my time posting ideas that are unconventional but intentionally thought-provoking?

Last edited by SenkoSam; 12/11/23 10:00 AM.
Re: Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum [Re: SenkoSam] #14924404 12/11/23 01:28 PM
B
Bryanmc57 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
If you enjoy it, keep doing it. Everyone has an opinion about everything. Some folks seem to have forgotten that they don't need to read every bit of every post, or any part of any of them. thumb

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem
Re: Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum [Re: SenkoSam] #14924934 12/11/23 08:14 PM
B
Bassjiggin1955 Offline
Angler
Angler
B
SenkoSam just keep doin what your doing there always people out there that read your post and ask you questions. I enjoy seeing your post and have replayed to sone
I've been manufacturing and build custom bass jigs and custom baits for 46 years now. I post he and there on different sites. If people respond ok if they dont so be it. Most ask me how to tie some of the finesse jigs I tie. I get that all the time. Keep doing what your doing if you enjoy it. To me tying jigs never gets old.

Home of the Original Puffball jig
Home of the Original Lions collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs since 1977
Re: Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum [Re: SenkoSam] #14924952 12/11/23 08:28 PM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
He just said what many others are thinking. If you solicit replies from others you may not always like what they have to say.

Re: Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum [Re: SenkoSam] #14927320 12/14/23 12:40 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
I like your posts, but interest is limited. This section is located under the bass fishing section and while your smaller baits do catch bass, they tend to be more like pan fish or crappie baits. This is where I start to lose interest. Keep making baits, post what you want to,, and don't let it get to you.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Would appreciate your input regarding a negative reply from another forum [Re: SenkoSam] #14927675 12/14/23 02:46 PM
S
SenkoSam Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
S
Sorry but I just had to add this reply I wrote on a different forum. Read it or don't. My obsession keeps me interested in fishing - live bait and conventional lures not so much:

I'm fortunate to live near 9 different waters that I've fished for over 40 years. Some have deeper water 20' or more, but most fish are found in less than 15'. Finding where fish are located is one thing (which I can do 95% of the time) using sonar to detect bottom info and baitfish; catching them is another thing entirely.

The whole point is not to get anyone to change lures that worked in the past but to recognize and value good combinations of lure size, shape and action as well as presentations that give them life. This pertains to any lure ever made. Like most of you, I could cast one of my favorites and would still catch decent numbers of fish most days of the year. But my thing is that lure variety is just plain fun to catch fish on - the more unique the lure the better.

Again, the reason for my long discussions is not to suggest that what I catch fish on is better than what you or anyone else uses to catch fish. But like any good lure found to be superior to others in its class, knowing why it does better negates the temptation to buy more stuff like it that won't be used. Why includes all that has been stated above.

Watching a lure's shape in action in the water - like the wacky rigged Senko dropping to the bottom - allows a better understanding of why its action is a winner. BTW, the Senko isn't the only stick that has a roll & wobble action. On the other hand, my wacky-rigged grub is not used like the Senko but works because of an imparted action that produces rapid tip flutters at any depth. It just happens to be one of the best lure actions I have ever discovered that has caught many fish. It was never meant to copy the Senko and doesn't.

I keep track of all shapes and therefore actions that provoke strikes via photos taken on the water and stored by type on my PC. Picking what lures to take is a no-brainer because I only take along a few lure designs that have been proven to get the most strikes where and when possible. But for some reason, most anglers and lure makers stay with conventional lures that are nothing more than copies. The word custom in custombaits.com indicates a usage or practice common to many that does not encourage thinking outside the box.

Within each category of lures, modifications can be made that improve performance under certain conditions or provide better strike-triggers. Blade baits are perfect examples. The Mepps spinner evolved into the Beetle Spin which evolved into the spinnerbait which was modified into a short-arm version which evolved into multi-arm spinnerbaits. Blade baits all, but each significantly different from the others where and how used.

That said, using lures just to catch fish is fine; catching fish on many different lure shapes and actions using different presentations is a never-ending quest - at least for some of us.

At least you have something to read (or fall asleep to) when fishing is out.; )

Last edited by SenkoSam; 12/14/23 02:49 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide