Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,040,178
Posts13,976,862
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
A Working Man’s Approach to Hybrid on Richland-Chambers (an unsolicited testimonial) #15045686 04/14/24 02:05 AM
Holding The Line Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
On April 10, 2024, I got the following note from Mr. Bill Peterson, and I share it with you only after asking his permission to do so…

Hello Bob,

Having just recently bought my first boat, an older model Triton 21, combined with a vast amount of fishing experience, I was absolutely stumped as to coax a bite from any of those hybrid bass on Richland Chambers. Your MAL Lure proved itself to be just the ticket I needed to have for the show!

Now please allow me to share with you "my" technique as an additional benefit for you in being this phenomenal lure's designer.

My most recent purchase was for myself and my BIL who had to have some for his tackle box, as well! (He is NOT a man easily impressed and even more difficult to hand over pure hard cold cash!) To date, I have ordered from you thirty-five of these little gems!

MY TECHNIQUE as follows:

[Linked Image]

1. On a casting reel such as my Shimano Metannium and using a Dobyn's 734 Champion Series rod, I'll cast your MAL Lure as far out as it will go into thirty or thirty-five feet of water. (I mean really launch it out there).

2. Counting down one-one thousand, two-one thousand, three-one thousand, while giving line out from the reel to allow the lure to hit bottom at that depth...perhaps seven seconds, I'll quickly pop the rod tip on a tightened no-slack line to get the MAL Lure's blade to rotate.

3. At this point in the game, it is just a NO-FRILLS slow methodical wind on the casting reel handle, no jigging, bumping the rod tip, moderating the retrieval speed...NONE of that stuff. THE KEY IS to keep just enough retrieval speed on the MAL Lure as you feel the blade on the lure make a very slight "thump, thump, thump" through the water AT DEPTH all the way back to the boat.

4. In a flash of an instant, they'll be no doubt that the fight is on.

Having now boated in excess of seventy-five hybrid bass using this very technique since I first employed this use on your MAL Lure, I can assure you that this technique is a game changer, Bob. And what is more? It is SO VERY simple to articulate its usage even for the most inexperienced angler.

From one fisherman to another, you are most welcome to try this technique out on your own and I encourage you to do so, Kind Sir. You are also free and clear to publish this really simple technique as you deem fit.

I only learned of the MAL Lure from the high praises it has received in the sand bass/ hybrid bass fishing community and online sources such as the BBC. So, I thought I'd go to your website and invest in a few of them, myself, and see what all the hubbub was about. Glad I did!

My next "Best Lure" for hybrid bass is none other than the Strike King 10XD in blue back/ chartreuse body or the Roadrunner jigging spoon; however, the MAL Lure has become my NUMBER ONE GO-TO LURE when targeting these fine fish.

You've got a real winner on your hands with this one, Bob.
WELL DONE!

Tight Lines,

Bill Peterson

USN DAV
MA of History
UPSTAGING Concert Truck Driver

I (Bob Maindelle) would like to add that Mr. Peterson is using the MAL Heavy with chartreuse tail and upsized #2 hook intended for use for hybrid stripers and full-blood stripers.

They may be found here:

https://whitebasstools.com/A2-MAL-HEAVY-WITH-SILVER-BLADE-THIS-IS-THE-MID-WEIGHT-MAL-LURE-p334865810

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Holding The Line; 04/14/24 12:44 PM.

[Linked Image]
Bob Maindelle, 254-368-7411
Holding The Line Guide Service
Bob@HoldingTheLineGuideService.com
Stillhouse & Belton
Ask About Trips for Kids

Re: A Working Man’s Approach to Hybrid on Richland-Chambers (an unsolicited testimonial) [Re: Holding The Line] #15045860 04/14/24 11:27 AM
R
RoadRunnerTR21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
thumb

[Linked Image] Light Blue 19 CPX
Re: A Working Man’s Approach to Hybrid on Richland-Chambers (an unsolicited testimonial) [Re: Holding The Line] #15045947 04/14/24 01:59 PM
GTrigg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
coolphotos... thumb

Re: A Working Man’s Approach to Hybrid on Richland-Chambers (an unsolicited testimonial) [Re: Holding The Line] #15046743 04/15/24 02:37 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Solid post. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide