Walt Whitman
Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058501 04/28/24 10:36 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Deuce is still on the roster

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058689 04/28/24 02:35 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
They addressed some glaring needs. The o line being a big one. Not drafting a center was strange. But I read an article on Beebee saying he could possibly transition to center. Guyton is a damn mountain. I saw they drafted a 2nd tackle. I haven't looked into him yet.
They also couldn't stop the run. They seemed to have tried to address that.
Two picks were head scratchers for me. The CB and WR. They don't really need either. There were still a couple running backs and centers on the board.That were worth late round picks.
But it all starts in the trenches. They focused on that. So I give them a B+. Time will tell.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058695 04/28/24 02:43 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I don't have much of an opinion on any of the guys they drafted since I had not heard of any of them prior. Not gonna get on here and pretend I had a draft notebook with prospects graded etc... grin

The draft grades are hilariously all over the place both locally and nationally. Anywhere from A- to a D-......one point I read was good in that they are getting gigged for not drafting a RB but their first 3 picks seem universallly applauded as good pick but not taking a RB is why some disliked their draft.. Is a 5th thru 7th round RB really gonna be a difference maker that turns the running game around? Yet that is pretty well the only reason they are getting dinged on their draft.

I hope they all turn out to be good players and have good careers though. cheers

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15058723 04/28/24 03:04 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I don't have much of an opinion on any of the guys they drafted since I had not heard of any of them prior. Not gonna get on Herr and pretendcI had a draft notebook with prospects graded etc... grin

The draft grades are hilariously all over the place both locally and nationally. Anywhere from A- to a D-......one point I read was good in that they are getting gigged for not drafting a RB but their first 3 picks seem universallly applauded as good pick. Is a 5th thru 7th round RB really gonna ve a difference maker that turns the running game around?

I hope they all turn out to be good players and have good careers though. roflmao

According to many, running backs are a dime a dozen, you can get one anywhere anytime, never pay a back big money yada yada yada, now those same people are grilling the Cowboys for not reaching for a back in place of just taking the best player lol, they will be able to get a good back by the time the season rolls around if they feel like they ned one.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Happykamper] #15058735 04/28/24 03:19 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I don't have much of an opinion on any of the guys they drafted since I had not heard of any of them prior. Not gonna get on Herr and pretendcI had a draft notebook with prospects graded etc... grin

The draft grades are hilariously all over the place both locally and nationally. Anywhere from A- to a D-......one point I read was good in that they are getting gigged for not drafting a RB but their first 3 picks seem universallly applauded as good pick. Is a 5th thru 7th round RB really gonna ve a difference maker that turns the running game around?

I hope they all turn out to be good players and have good careers though. roflmao

According to many, running backs are a dime a dozen, you can get one anywhere anytime, never pay a back big money yada yada yada, now those same people are grilling the Cowboys for not reaching for a back in place of just taking the best player lol, they will be able to get a good back by the time the season rolls around if they feel like they ned one.

they are not a dime a dozen but teams don't depend on the position like in years past. Today they are more short yardage and blockers. They are a lot like the old fullback. They would all love to have a ES,AP,JB, or BS but those guys are once in a lifetime. The Patriots and Chiefs didn't depend on RB as much as short yardage passes.
Chiefs or Patriots neither have had a number one RB, heck neither really had a top receiver. The tight end seems to be a bigger position anymore for both. I think Dax needs a good Running Back for blocking protection and short yardage throws. I think it would help spread the defense out for him. They will win because of his receivers and defense. IMHO the cowboys need a Marshal Fault or someone like hIM

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058754 04/28/24 03:35 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
Of course the difference is the Chiefs and Pats having Mahomes and Brady. Not to mention arguably the two best coaches of this era.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Quillback] #15058758 04/28/24 03:45 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Quillback
Of course the difference is the Chiefs and Pats having Mahomes and Brady. Not to mention arguably the two best coaches of this era.

I'm not taking anything away from either of those QBs but this past year the Chiefs also had a top ranked defense and many of the Patriot years tgey had top ranked defenses.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058764 04/28/24 03:50 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
Cowboys 5th ranked D last year.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15058770 04/28/24 03:54 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I'm not taking anything away from either of those QBs but this past year the Chiefs also had a top ranked defense and many of the Patriot years tgey had top ranked defenses.

AND Patriots had a defensive minded coach that may be the best at halftime game plan changes to stop other team in second half. He always had the game where TB can be close enough to make a last minute drive for the win. TB is one of if not the absolute best at not succumbing to pressure. He seem to always make the pass or decisions on last drive.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: David Welcher] #15058773 04/28/24 03:58 PM
Q
Quillback Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Q
I just took a look at the Pats defensive numbers for the SB years 2017 and 2019. They aren't good.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Quillback] #15058778 04/28/24 04:03 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I just took a look at the Pats defensive numbers for the SB years 2017 and 2019. They aren't good.

What are the defensive numbers fir all of their good seasons?

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: 921 Phoenix] #15058780 04/28/24 04:06 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

AND Patriots had a defensive minded coach that may be the best at halftime game plan changes to stop other team in second half. He always had the game where TB can be close enough to make a last minute drive for the win. TB is one of if not the absolute best at not succumbing to pressure. He seem to always make the pass or decisions on last drive.

I've heard many head coaches and players say there is no such thing as halftime adjustments. If yiuvwait till halftime then you will lose. They all say the players use tge bathroom, get a snack and might see their position coaches for a minute or two. They say there is no big speech or revised game plans being given.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15058801 04/28/24 04:18 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I've heard many head coaches and players say there is no such thing as halftime adjustments. If yiuvwait till halftime then you will lose. They all say the players use tge bathroom, get a snack and might see their position coaches for a minute or two. They say there is no big speech or revised game plans being given.

not sure I agree with this I have seen games for years were the second half playing change the outcome

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15058802 04/28/24 04:21 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Yep I have heard the same thing about the halftime adjustments, they worked all week putting in a game plan, 10 minutes in the locker room is not going to change the plan imo. I am sure there are some in game adjustments but that is just coaching in general, you get behind by three scores you may have to ditch the running game, you are getting torched by a receiver you may have to slide a safety over there to help out etc.

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide