Texas Fishing Forum

Wow!! Crazy

Posted By: Douglas J

Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:00 PM

Looks like one boater ran over another boater in a no wake zone. The driver in the boat you can see (the other boat is under his boat) looks as if he has a few years of experience under his belt. incident is at 7:25 mark in the video

** language warning**

[Linked Image]

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:10 PM

From reading about it on the OTHER forum it seems both were idiots. Both running balls out in a no wake zone and lead boat suddenly slowed down. Guy behind couldn’t stop in time and ran over the top of him. Both should be banned from fishing that circuit for life.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:14 PM

Guess bad day fishing isn't better than a good day at work.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:19 PM

I like how the driver that ran over the other boat keeps his [censored] behind the wheel the whole time. Not offering help. The other guys like “hey get your boat off the top of mine”

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I like how the driver that ran over the other boat keeps his [censored] behind the wheel the whole time. Not offering help. The other guys like “hey get your boat off the top of mine”

Kind of odd, he looks like a mature fellow and acts either in shock or entitled

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:25 PM

Yeah that guy was losing his [censored] like he didn't have insurance on that boat, think I would have been happy co-angler and me were still alive
Posted By: Walls

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Yeah that guy was losing his [censored] like he didn't have insurance on that boat, think I would have been happy co-angler and me were still alive

Funny, the little spoon was so pissed that the other guy is on top of him- guy on bottom was the one talking all that [censored] in the lock about "close your eyes" when we leave here.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 08:52 PM

Obliviates.
See similar on central expressway from time to time.
Speeding in the emergency shoulder lane and hitting a disabled vehicle. Mistimed road rage swerving and road rage brake checks gone wrong.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 09:30 PM

So many idiots out there.
Age does not equal wisdom.

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Walls

Funny, the little spoon was so pissed that the other guy is on top of him- guy on bottom was the one talking all that [censored] in the lock about "close your eyes" when we leave here.

Well even if he was insured he ain't any more with that comment on video roflmao
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
So many idiots out there.
Age does not equal wisdom.

Well for whatever reason a lot of bass boats only have one speed and that’s full throttle. Saw some of that at the classic, I know of one pro that if I filmed it he’d be disqualified.

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 10:03 PM

Here's video from the co-angler from the boat on top. From his comments he wasn't too happy with his boaters driving. https://www.facebook.com/PaybackBas...wkCcvSY3mnfyafcmVvEJARseuEMZvXsXxEDA1XUl
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 10:53 PM

They has plenty of time to think about what they were going to do before the gate opened up…..still they decided to do the stupid thing. That’s just plain irresponsible and not caring about you or the other people you have involved in this.
What would have happened if someone lost their life here, just saying your sorry isn’t the right answer.
THINK BEFORE ACTING PEOPLE!

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
They has plenty of time to think about what they were going to do before the gate opened up…..still they decided to do the stupid thing. That’s just plain irresponsible and not caring about you or the other people you have involved in this.
What would have happened if someone lost their life here, just saying your sorry isn’t the right answer.
THINK BEFORE ACTING PEOPLE!

Wrapped boats entitle you to special privileges, that guy underneath should just be glad he had a wrapped boat on top of him..
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
From reading about it on the OTHER forum it seems both were idiots. Both running balls out in a no wake zone and lead boat suddenly slowed down. Guy behind couldn’t stop in time and ran over the top of him. Both should be banned from fishing that circuit for life.

Yeah but the guy in the rear is at fault following to damn close

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/24/24 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by basscaster46

I guess the guy in front decided to slow down and go no wake under the railroad bridge? SMH

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:33 AM

Here's video from the co-angler from the boat on top. From his comments he wasn't too happy with his boaters driving. https://www.facebook.com/PaybackBas...wkCcvSY3mnfyafcmVvEJARseuEMZvXsXxEDA1XUl

that link is to a pic, where is a video?

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

If you scroll down a bit in the comments the passenger has video

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

thanks!!

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

That DA was driving like he stole it, what a fool!!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:56 AM

Actually, both are at fault.

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 01:14 AM

The guy idling in the no wake zone is at fault?
Posted By: Harleydude

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 01:18 AM

We saw some dudes from Oklahoma coming in late to weigh in yesterday at PK and they were busting the wake zone into Possum Hollow. Lots of jack wagons out there that will do stupid stuff for a fish and a check.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 01:19 AM

The guy idling in the no wake zone is at fault?

They were both running on pad in the no wake zone. Front boat let off at the bridge and back boat had no idea it was gonna happen. Both were at fault of breaking a law that led up to the accident.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 01:23 AM

If not mistaken here, and if I’m wrong please point that out.

My understanding is both boats were running wide open to get back in time for their weigh in, the first boat saw the railroad bridge and he thought better of running under it wide open, when he let of the gas the boat behind did not have time to stop quick enough….boats do not have brakes here. But this is how I understand that it happened.
These two boats were in the lock and they said let’s run wide open to try and get back, the other boat, the boat that came up on the accident, already knew he wasn’t getting back in time so he let. One of those boats in front of him to run it like he stoled it.

That how I understand what happened and thus, those two boat drivers put their lives, co anglers lives and well could have ran into another boat along the way and killed people….yea that $200 check was all worth it. Even if they even got a check, probably not.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 02:18 AM

Dadgum, that's a serious case of the "Dumb A$$'s".

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 03:12 AM

They were both running on pad in the no wake zone. Front boat let off at the bridge and back boat had no idea it was gonna happen. Both were at fault of breaking a law that led up to the accident.

More than likely that would not be a plausible defense in a court of law, either civil nor criminal.

Yes the guy who got ran over was in violation prior to being run over, but had he began to comply to the regulation prior to the time he was ran over by the other boat?

His slowing down does not justify being ran over from behind. Perhaps he to would be sited for violation of a no wake zone prior to the collision, but the guy who was negligent doesn't get a free pass when the other dumb [censored] in front of him slows down. They were both wrong for running a no wake zone, but the dude that ran over the other boat would likely be at fault in the accident.

Simple "rule of the road" for water craft, "Overtaking: The vessel that is overtaking another vessel is the give-way vessel. The vessel being overtaken is the stand-on vessel"

All in all what a sh** show and a legal mess. Luckily nobody was killed.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 03:48 AM

Wonder when one of their wives will get on Fakebook or tweeter and blame it all on electronics.
Probably won’t be long before the resident apologists will show up here too and start lecturing everyone about being too judgmental about these two chowderheads.

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cuervo Jones
Wonder when one of their wives will get on Fakebook or tweeter and blame it all on electronics.
Probably won’t be long before the resident apologists will show up here too and start lecturing everyone about being too judgmental about these two chowderheads.

It was definitely the “forward lookers” fault….
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 12:52 PM

The longer I fish the more in favor I become of trailering events. The more spread out you can get the idiots in the bass fishing world, the safer everyone is. My starting spots always suck so I never feel to inclined to kill myself getting to them.

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/25/24 03:59 PM

More than likely that would not be a plausible defense in a court of law, either civil nor criminal.

Yes the guy who got ran over was in violation prior to being run over, but had he began to comply to the regulation prior to the time he was ran over by the other boat?

His slowing down does not justify being ran over from behind. Perhaps he to would be sited for violation of a no wake zone prior to the collision, but the guy who was negligent doesn't get a free pass when the other dumb [censored] in front of him slows down. They were both wrong for running a no wake zone, but the dude that ran over the other boat would likely be at fault in the accident.

Simple "rule of the road" for water craft, "Overtaking: The vessel that is overtaking another vessel is the give-way vessel. The vessel being overtaken is the stand-on vessel"

All in all what a sh** show and a legal mess. Luckily nobody was killed.

Guessing this is how it would go in civil court
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/27/24 02:26 PM

Both boaters have been suspended for at least one year. per an article on Wired2Fish. Here's a link:
https://www.wired2fish.com/news/2-a...naments-after-boat-wreck-on-harris-chain
Posted By: pinetree

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/28/24 07:15 AM

Looks like they got a year but I’m like you, should be lifetime. Make some examples out of these people because it’s happening way too often.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Wow!! Crazy - 03/28/24 10:19 AM

That's pretty bad , can't fix stupid
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum