Texas Fishing Forum

Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour

Posted By: Mark Perry

Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:12 AM

There was a good amount of talk about it at the Classic. Already some well known names signed up.even some FFS experts.

https://touringanglersassociation.com/
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:28 AM

Yawn

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:42 AM

According to what I read elsewhere here are some signed up so far. I know Palaniuk is in for sure.

Amil Wagner - Redcrest 9th, BFLs
Andy Morgan
Brandon Palaniuk
Corey Johnston
Chris Johnston
David Williams - BASS
Drew Cook
Tyler Brook - MLF
Ricky Robinson - MLF
Keith Carson
J Todd Tucker
John Cox - BASS/MLF
Joey Cifuentes - ROY
Jeff Gustafson -BASS Classic
Jared Lintner
James Watson
Hank Cherry - 2x Classic
Jacob Powroznik
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:44 AM

Glad to see some sympathy for us old guys.......
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:46 AM

Follow the money

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Follow the money

That's pretty well how business works.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:51 AM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Is Randy B gonna jump in

popcorn
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
Follow the money

That's pretty well how business works.

Yes sir. Comment was not a negative. Point is if the payout/distribution is fair there are Pros who will be drawn to it. Can't see anyone staying away simply because FFS is not in play.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:02 AM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

He had said that he was not, he’s such a little beech.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:39 AM

Pretty good payouts too.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:40 AM

No love for the FLW and BASS AOY's on that list? If this is the deal I remember seeing before this org seemed like the 2nd coming of the PAA, and we all know how things go if you let the anglers run everything rolleyes , guess time will tell
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Is Randy B gonna jump in

He knows his place roflmao

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
No love for the FLW and BASS AOY's on that list? If this is the deal I remember seeing before this org seemed like the 2nd coming of the PAA, and we all know how things go if you let the anglers run everything rolleyes , guess time will tell
Is Randy B gonna jump in

He knows his place roflmao

Palaniuk is a 2 time BASS Elite AOY
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:58 AM

The "GETOFFMYLAWN" series.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
The "GETOFFMYLAWN" series.

The first guy on the list is in his twenty’s or early thirties at most
Amil Wagner
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:25 AM

According to what I read elsewhere here are some signed up so far. I know Palaniuk is in for sure.

Andy Morgan
Brandon Palaniuk
Corey Johnston
Chris Johnston
David Williams - BASS
Drew Cook
Tyler Brook - MLF
Ricky Robinson - MLF
Keith Carson
J Todd Tucker
John Cox - BASS/MLF
Joey Cifuentes - ROY
Jared Lintner
James Watson
Hank Cherry - 2x Classic
Jacob Powroznik

Those guys are there for one reason only- to take money from donating stiffs…😆

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Andy Morgan
Brandon Palaniuk
Corey Johnston
Chris Johnston
David Williams - BASS
Drew Cook
Tyler Brook - MLF
Ricky Robinson - MLF
Keith Carson
J Todd Tucker
John Cox - BASS/MLF
Joey Cifuentes - ROY
Jared Lintner
James Watson
Hank Cherry - 2x Classic
Jacob Powroznik

Isn't that how all trails work? 25% beating the other 75% regularly?

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:29 AM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

He’d get beat by guys working a 9-5 and he wouldn’t have the FFS excuse. He talks about all his history on Grand and when flw was there he didn’t even get 5 fish in a day.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:31 AM

Andy Morgan
Brandon Palaniuk
Corey Johnston
Chris Johnston
David Williams - BASS
Drew Cook
Tyler Brook - MLF
Ricky Robinson - MLF
Keith Carson
J Todd Tucker
John Cox - BASS/MLF
Joey Cifuentes - ROY
Jared Lintner
James Watson
Hank Cherry - 2x Classic
Jacob Powroznik

Isn't that how all trails work? 25% beating the other 75% regularly?

It does for sure- but a deal like this is top heavy on talent. I guess the draw could be that you got to fish against the pros…. This is like sitting down at the poker table with Matt Damon and Ed Norton. I hope it succeeds, I think big jackpot tournaments are a good thing for the sport.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 04:47 AM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

He’d get beat by guys working a 9-5 and he wouldn’t have the FFS excuse. He talks about all his history on Grand and when flw was there he didn’t even get 5 fish in a day.

THIS

He has crafted a narrative and has his flock of sheep. If he actually exposed his abilities at this point in huis career, so many sheep may leave the flock. Less clicks and less $$
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 11:04 AM

No 360 Imaging Transducer.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:38 PM

Swindle said he was going to fish it when he spoke at Fun N Sun

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

IMO it seems the 5k entry is steep to get enough donaters to fish with the pros. I’m not sure what the right number is, maybe half that? Then again the pot goes down or the size has to double to get the payout.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 12:54 PM

If it’s called the “touring anglers association”, it doesn’t sound like they are targeting the 9-5 type of guy.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 01:45 PM

If it’s called the “touring anglers association”, it doesn’t sound like they are targeting the 9-5 type of guy.

So maybe it’s just jackpot tournaments for the pros? This is really no different than the elites, you just don’t have to qualify to get in.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:12 PM

I sure hope they have the internet coverage like these other tours. If so, it might shut up a few folks.
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:13 PM

Everyone needs to blow up Randy's email or Facebook page demanding he go out there and compete in it. I want to see all his bait modification tips actually work.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I sure hope they have the internet coverage like these other tours. If so, it might shut up a few folks.

FFS or not people will find something to bitch about. It's inevitable. The pro FFS are about as wound up as the anti FFS crowd..... roflmao

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

Ken I bet he thought better of the possibility of alienating some of his fan base over this stupid FFS vs Non FFS BS that won't go away. bs

Ever notice in pro fishing that when a new thing comes along that requires an effort to learn or do, a certain segment of the fishing community always cries to get it banned?

G'man is awesome at marketing and that is what has made him what he is today.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by wabash2015
Everyone needs to blow up Randy's email or Facebook page demanding he go out there and compete in it. I want to see all his bait modification tips actually work.

It will break his narrative regardless when a young guy wins. I wonder what’s stopping some one from mounting a 2 d sonar on a trolling motor that faces forward and down..

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:41 PM

I just hope the event is a success. Choices are always good. Another option for these guys to fish in addition to other trails is good.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:48 PM

I just hope the event is a success. Choices are always good. Another option for these guys to fish in addition to other trails is good.

+1

I do not really tourney fish anymore, but I am still a huge fan of it on all levels. Options are a good thing

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 02:51 PM

Do you think it will succeed w/o the locals fishing it as well? I just can’t see it surviving on pros only, they already fish for each others money.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:07 PM

Do you think it will succeed w/o the locals fishing it as well? I just can’t see it surviving on pros only, they already fish for each others money.

tournament fishing is the biggest money pit ever and it takes those that have very little chance to succeed to continually show up

if you fish local for any period of time you will see a pattern of the roughly 15-20% of the anglers / teams win most of the money, the rest are jsut there to pay up and talk about how they did not catch them

like all other things in life, the dominant anglers will change over time, nobody is ever on top forever (except robbie rose)

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

tournament fishing is the biggest money pit ever and it takes those that have very little chance to succeed to continually show up

if you fish local for any period of time you will see a pattern of the roughly 15-20% of the anglers / teams win most of the money, the rest are jsut there to pay up and talk about how they did not catch them

like all other things in life, the dominant anglers will change over time, nobody is ever on top forever (except robbie rose)

I think I just got a new business opportunity. Instead of the 5x3 clothing line it could be something like 80%er….

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:17 PM

I think I just got a new business opportunity. Instead of the 5x3 clothing line it could be something like 80%er….

I was blessed to have some good partners and have some decent success in tournaments over the years and if I sat down and did the math, I would still be buried in costs, lol.

It takes a lot of checks to pay for $70K+ boats and trucks laugh

#80%'er
Posted By: Ekman Spiral

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:22 PM

Believe it or not, a lot of fisherman and pro fisherman simply do not enjoy using the technology all the time. The reason the youth adopt it so well is because they enjoy, crave and need to look at a screen. It gives them comfort and there is actual science behind this. I've been teaching high school for 25 years and witness this daily. These kids will escape into these devices every chance they get. It is a true addiction. FFS is not too complicated for the "olds", most simply do not get the satisfaction out of a screen as the youth. It is a product of growing up on smartphones.

Imagine if starring at a screen was as fun to the olds and throwing a buzz bait along a laydown or pitching flooded bushes. There would not be the gap you see with this technology.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ekman Spiral
Believe it or not, a lot of fisherman and pro fisherman simply do not enjoy using the technology all the time. The reason the youth adopt it so well is because they enjoy, crave and need to look at a screen. It gives them comfort and there is actual science behind this. I've been teaching high school for 25 years and witness this daily. These kids will escape into these devices every chance they get. It is a true addiction. FFS is not too complicated for the "olds", most simply do not get the satisfaction out of a screen as the youth. It is a product of growing up on smartphones.

Imagine if starring at a screen was as fun to the olds and throwing a buzz bait along a laydown or pitching flooded bushes. There would not be the gap you see with this technology.

spending more money than you should on fishing is an addiction, eating that extra piece of cake or bread is an addiction, paying entry fees to a tourney you have no chance in hell to cash a check in over and over is an addiction as well

a lot human behaviors are addictive

the kids these days (I have 2 teens) grew up in the world we built for them to grow up in, technology is a necessary evil today to be successful in all things, not just fishing

I am no spring chicken and have learned the tech over the years mainly for my need to learn and expand my fishing abilities

the resistance to tech in a technologically advanced society is baffling

Thanks for being a teacher and may god bless you, that is a beating at best these days

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:52 PM

This is not the endorphin rush of a video game, no one wants to stare at a screen, they want to catch fish and this is a tool to help in that.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 03:52 PM

spending more money than you should on fishing is an addiction, eating that extra piece of cake or bread is an addiction, paying entry fees to a tourney you have no chance in hell to cash a check in over and over is an addiction as well

a lot human behaviors are addictive

the kids these days (I have 2 teens) grew up in the world we built for them to grow up in, technology is a necessary evil today to be successful in all things, not just fishing

I am no spring chicken and have learned the tech over the years mainly for my need to learn and expand my fishing abilities

the resistance to tech in a technologically advanced society is baffling

Thanks for being a teacher and may god bless you, that is a beating at best these days

Thank you,
I've enjoyed it, still love the kids. Can retire after next year. Ready for something different, like making money maybe lol.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 04:08 PM

This is not the endorphin rush of a video game, no one wants to stare at a screen, they want to catch fish and this is a tool to help in that.

Well it is actually like a video game, and the endorphin rush you are referring to is from previous positive experiences with the phone. We all watch plenty of people daily stare at a screen when there is no need. I have to disagree that "no one wants to stare at a screen".
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 04:26 PM

... I wonder what’s stopping some one from mounting a 2 d sonar on a trolling motor that faces forward and down..

Nothing. That was a tactic with flashers a long time ago to look for balls of shad when chasing open water schooling fish (mostly white bass). Also, flashers pointing down like normal were used with jigging spoons and you could watch your spoon bounce at whatever depth you wanted to keep it. Much like the video-game-playing-drop-shotting-youngsters (or whatever the latest term for them is) started doing later. Carried over to the 2d stuff a bit too, but that wasn't as real time as the flashers. The forward facing and watching your bait things are not new, just way better tech now, more widespread use/awareness, and more internet access for anyone to complain about whatever crosses their mind at the time.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 05:53 PM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

THIS

He has crafted a narrative and has his flock of sheep. If he actually exposed his abilities at this point in huis career, so many sheep may leave the flock. Less clicks and less $$

Randy won't fish it so that he can create a new narrative saying that "high entry fee's are ruining the sport".

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by RKT

Randy won't fish it so that he can create a new narrative saying that "high entry fee's are ruining the sport".

Like his rants on how expensive it is to fish all while pimping his $10 jig, lol.
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/27/24 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by RKT

Like his rants on how expensive it is to fish all while pimping his $10 jig, lol.

And getting that free Skeeter every year. What happened to his tin rig he was supposedly going to use? He made a video a year or two ago bashing Ranger after they pulled his sponsorship.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 02:03 PM

Minimum age 65, no motor over 90 hp and 17ft or less for your boat. Early sign-ups get a goodie bag with brute cologne of various sizes

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
Minimum age 65, no motor over 90 hp and 17ft or less for your boat. Early sign-ups get a goodie bag with brute cologne of various sizes

I think the older you get a smaller boat becomes more appealing or shall I say a big boat becomes less appealing. I bet we wouldn’t all be running around in 21 footers with 250hp if the manufacturers hadn’t gotten the pros to do it.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 03:18 PM

I think the older you get a smaller boat becomes more appealing or shall I say a big boat becomes less appealing. I bet we wouldn’t all be running around in 21 footers with 250hp if the manufacturers hadn’t gotten the pros to do it.

As an old man-- totally disagree.
The older I get the bigger deck is way more appealing. No way I could go back to an 18 ft boat.
Posted By: RKT

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 03:26 PM

I remember a lot of guys running 20 footers with 200's or 225's way before the pro's were allowed to run anything bigger than a 150. I think everyone else running the bigger boats and motors caused BASS to change to allow the pro's to have bigger motors.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 05:52 PM

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/23248/Big-money-event-with-no-Scoping-next-week
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 06:48 PM

Is Randy B gonna jump in

I bet not .
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 08:23 PM

If you can't beat them.. make your own trail so you don't have to

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by KidKrappie

I see several FFS anglers entered. Kinda kills that theory.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 08:39 PM

Not the ones winning the tourneys.....

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 08:58 PM

Not the ones winning the tourneys.....

Gussy won a Classic with FFS, the Johnston Brothers have gotten checks in all but 3 BASS events that they have ever entered (somelinh like 112 checks out of 114 events)Both are strong with the FFS. Emil Wagner, Cifuentes has won 2 Elite events with FFS in last 12 months. etc.....you might want to check again.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 09:05 PM

Anti-FFS guys should be spanking their monkey in thoughts of this trail.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 09:48 PM

There's another thread about contributing to a young angler. I'd give $50 to Randy's entry on this derby.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/28/24 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJB
There's another thread about contributing to a young angler. I'd give $50 to Randy's entry on this derby.

I do my part by commenting on his YouTube videos…😆
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/29/24 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by RKT

And $25 jerkbaits.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/29/24 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by RKT

And $25 jerkbaits.

I’m surprised his sponsors stick with him.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/29/24 03:54 AM

There are a lot of locals signed up not just pros

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/29/24 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by jiggmann
There are a lot of locals signed up not just pros

It would be neat to see a local win
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 03/29/24 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman

As an old man-- totally disagree.
The older I get the bigger deck is way more appealing. No way I could go back to an 18 ft boat.

I ran a 18 foot aluminum all over texas for 3 years before I upgraded to a 20 ft glass boat. I feel much more stable and safe
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 04/02/24 12:32 AM

Their website shows a field of 47.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 04/02/24 12:37 AM

The parent company of LIV golf is starting a non FFS bass tournament league https://www.wired2fish.com/news/saudi-investors-to-create-new-fishing-tournament-league yes
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 04/02/24 09:44 PM

Leaderboard

Chris Johnston & Jared Lintner are 1 & 2 with 24#'s.

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 04/02/24 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
The parent company of LIV golf is starting a non FFS bass tournament league https://www.wired2fish.com/news/saudi-investors-to-create-new-fishing-tournament-league yes

Old news SC-001

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...3141/new-pro-fishing-league#Post15033141
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Touring Anglers Association...non FFS tour - 04/02/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
... He knows his place roflmao

Yup, keep the FFS fanboy crowds panties in a tightly twisted wad... Dan roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum