Texas Fishing Forum

Media Bass Eagle Mountain

Posted By: Rangerkev

Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 02:49 PM

3 bags over 30lbs. This lake is really showing off.

1. 37.84

Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 05:47 PM

Big bags for sure, congrats to anglers thumb
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 05:49 PM

eek2
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 06:07 PM

We signed up but couldn’t get off work to fish it. Man did those guys catch them in the nasty weather!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 08:42 PM

You gotta feel bad for the team with 28 lbs that got a pat on the back..... I am not sure where this eagle mountain is..... the one I fish isn't like that at all
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
You gotta feel bad for the team with 28 lbs that got a pat on the back..... I am not sure where this eagle mountain is..... the one I fish isn't like that at all

I was thinking the same thing!
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 11:27 PM

Are we sure they were fishing for bass?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/21/24 11:58 PM

When I was weighing in these fish, my jaw dropped at the first bag w/ the 11.23 big bass. Scale would only read to 30 pounds. So I had to weigh the big bass, then the rest and add it all up. AHAHAHAH

Imagine having to that 3 times!?
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/22/24 12:17 AM

The 900K Florida fingerlings from 2014 + 2015 are sure showing off out there. clap
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/22/24 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

And the 31# third place sack cleared a total of $96 after entry fee.
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/22/24 02:26 PM

There are some real hammers who fish this lake. I frequent it multiple times a month and have only had 1 day where I've caught a sack over 25lbs. The lake is feast or famine when it comes to bites.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/22/24 02:30 PM

incredible results. I have been a few times. Kinda hit or miss. The boys that fish out there and know it sure catch some impressive bags!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/22/24 04:54 PM

It is painful knowing how good some people do out there while I have spent so much time striking out.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/23/24 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Brent S
It is painful knowing how good some people do out there while I have spent so much time striking out.

Sounds like me on Ray Roberts.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/23/24 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Originally Posted by Brent S

Sounds like me on Ray Roberts.

Sounds like me on just about every lake....so much time...so painful..
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/23/24 12:54 PM

With seeing these fish come in and the anglers who bring them in, it has taught me 3 things:

1) Time on the water = Success
2) In the words of Ike = Never Give Up
3) Luck sometimes has something to do with it

Every angler I speak with during these tournaments who have a high success rate, or bring fish to the scales every month, say the same thing. I've spent weeks, months, years fishing this lake. It's helped them to create a mental pattern for the time of the year and conditions they're fishing.

Many of our top guys, they fish from beginning to end of the tournaments, not one has come in early and "called it." Heck this past weekend, one boat who came in with a great bag said they caught their better fish during the last hour.

Luck, yes luck, sometimes just happens to be on your side.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Media Bass Eagle Mountain - 04/23/24 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
With seeing these fish come in and the anglers who bring them in, it has taught me 3 things:

1) Time on the water = Success
2) In the words of Ike = Never Give Up
3) Luck sometimes has something to do with it

Every angler I speak with during these tournaments who have a high success rate, or bring fish to the scales every month, say the same thing. I've spent weeks, months, years fishing this lake. It's helped them to create a mental pattern for the time of the year and conditions they're fishing.

Many of our top guys, they fish from beginning to end of the tournaments, not one has come in early and "called it." Heck this past weekend, one boat who came in with a great bag said they caught their better fish during the last hour.

Luck, yes luck, sometimes just happens to be on your side.

Wait a minute....... I thought all you had to do was buy a scope and you would start winning. Now your telling me that experience and time on the water is what wins?

I'm so confused........
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum