Texas Fishing Forum

Stanley Lures/Jigs

Posted By: Bayou Burner

Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/25/24 06:03 PM

I was surfing on TW and noticed the Ribbits and Top Toads are under another company name (Frog Factory). Visited Stanley’s official website: All orders are suspended at this time. Anyone here have any information on this?
Posted By: Javelin

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/25/24 08:07 PM

The owners of Stanley sold out and shut down Huntington Texas operations.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 12:29 PM

I have a tackle tray of ribbits. I fish them as a topwater bait. they can be on fire if the conditions are right.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 01:24 PM

Back in the day when I was fishing the Anglers Choice Pro Am and Redman tournaments I got to meet Lonnie Stanley a few times and visit their place in Huntington. He was an East Texas legend and his Spinnerbaits, Jigs and Ribbits were a staple for most anglers at that time and most were wearing those great Stanley caps.Times change but for those of us who were lucky enough to be fishing during that time will always remember his legacy.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 02:38 PM

Dang... Sorry to hear this... I still have quite a few of his jigs... The hand tied skirts were the best... Dan
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Javelin

Is this recent? Manns first, now Stanley, damn
Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 02:58 PM

2 of the best, most innovative lure companies ever. Now all we get are retreads of lures ripped off from others. To get any variety, you have to shop on ebay.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/26/24 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Javelin

frown
Posted By: Siler

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/27/24 12:49 AM

I grew up throwing Stanley Vibrashafts. I hope this isn't true, but I was afraid a sale would happen after Lonnie passed. The ribbits and spinnerbaits are still the best in their category IMO.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/27/24 12:56 AM

Dang it!!

Well crafted lures at a good price. Genius level designs.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/27/24 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I have a tackle tray of ribbits. I fish them as a topwater bait. they can be on fire if the conditions are right.

Oh yeah-I’ve had some epic days swimming them over grass with the top toads too thumb
I still have a few jigs, plenty of the frogs. Hopefully we’ll see the spinnerbaits and jigs come back too.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/28/24 05:55 PM

Frog Factory is a new brand under the GSM umbrella. They also own Yamamoto etc.

https://www.baits.com/gsm-outdoors-unveils-the-frog-factory/
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/29/24 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Frog Factory is a new brand under the GSM umbrella. They also own Yamamoto etc.

https://www.baits.com/gsm-outdoors-unveils-the-frog-factory/

Thanks for the info Mark. Great to know the original Ribbit will always be available.
When LFT discontinued the original Craw Tube I literally spent years looking for an exact replica as far as size and texture of the plastic. Had to go through a lot of copies of the bait to finally find the right one. Hopefully with the new ownership at LFT they might look into bringing the bait back. Would love to get it locally again.
Posted By: cajuncountryman

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 04/30/24 02:38 PM

I last few years the Stanley spinnerbaits are not built well & fall apart fairly quickly when used heavily. Too bad.
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/13/24 02:39 PM

GSM bought them out. My understanding is that they are only keeping the RIbbits. Everything else will be mothballed.

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 01:12 AM

I know jigs are a dime a dozen but I wished they kept the original casting jig... The hand tied skirts were the best... Dan
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
I know jigs are a dime a dozen but I wished they kept the original casting jig... The hand tied skirts were the best... Dan

What made their hand tied skirts shine?
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 02:17 PM

Dan, prior to them stopping orders, you could still order original casting jigs at fishstanley.com.
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan
Dan, prior to them stopping orders, you could still order original casting jigs at fishstanley.com.

I think what Dan was disappointed that they are from now on only carrying their ribbit frogs since they were bought out. No more casting jig.

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by nfhbass
... What made their hand tied skirts shine?

Great color selection... They never slipped off the collar... The Originals were rubber skirts, not silicone... Just all around quality...

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan

You can still find them at a few online tackle retailers... I ordered 25 from them in Nov/ Dec of last year... I guess I better start digging for more...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone remember this little fish getters???... It was the beginning of the chatterbait craze... But no one realized it... Dan
Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/14/24 03:22 PM

Never seen that before! Pretty cool.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Stanley Lures/Jigs - 05/16/24 12:19 AM

The Vibra Shaft spinner bait will come back by a different company. No timeline was given though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum