Texas Fishing Forum

Z man TRD wont take weight

Posted By: franchi

Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/26/24 09:37 PM

How do you screw in a VMC half moon weight into the z man trd 3 inch ? Tried a heat gun but screwing in the weight tears up the lure. Pilot hole with hook isnt enough. Any idea?
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/26/24 10:10 PM

Z Man makes a "wacky nose weight". Might want to try those instead. Use some superglue to secure the nose weight if you choose to take that route.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 01:42 AM

What I had to do was take my hook sharpening file and put a point on the screw end. This allowed me to thread it on.

But after doing this a time or two, I simply gave up, and moved to a head with a different style of keeper.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 01:32 PM

Yep ^^^^^^^

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
What I had to do was take my hook sharpening file and put a point on the screw end. This allowed me to thread it on.

But after doing this a time or two, I simply gave up, and moved to a head with a different style of keeper.

What style did you move to?

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 01:44 PM

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z-Man_Neko_Shroomz_Wacky_Rig_Nose_Weight_4pk/descpage-ZMNS.html

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 03:51 PM

So that inserts with ease all the way? Do you add crazy glue?
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by franchi

It's not as easy as with regular plastics, but it is designed to work with Elaztech. When you push the worm onto it, keep pressure on the worm and it wlll sort of flow on (best way I can think to describe it). Once you've got the nose of the worm onto the surface of the weight, back it off a bit, put some super glue on the lead, then push the nose back onto the weight.

I use Loctite gel, less messy but it does take a couple of hours to dry. This is not something you want to do in your boat out on the water. Do it at home the day before you go out.

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 04:59 PM

You just have to experiment with those and a turd and some super glue. It takes VERY LITTLE super glue.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 05:07 PM

Glue
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Z man TRD wont take weight - 04/27/24 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Quillback
Originally Posted by franchi

It's not as easy as with regular plastics, but it is designed to work with Elaztech. When you push the worm onto it, keep pressure on the worm and it wlll sort of flow on (best way I can think to describe it). Once you've got the nose of the worm onto the surface of the weight, back it off a bit, put some super glue on the lead, then push the nose back onto the weight.

I use Loctite gel, less messy but it does take a couple of hours to dry. This is not something you want to do in your boat out on the water. Do it at home the day before you go out.

Yes, sir.

I also use these and bury them deeper into the body of the bait by using a pair of hemostats to guide it in.

Nail weight
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum