Texas Fishing Forum

Naconiche

Posted By: lconn4

Naconiche - 03/10/24 05:28 PM

Late start for me.. didn’t get a single bite until around 2 pm.. there were some fish being caught earlier, as I was watching like a hawk. roflmao nothing big enough to make me tie on a senko or rip a small spinner bait just below the surface.. I was rigged up with 5 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch swim baitts on underspins.. one spinner bait, and a jerk bait.. never threw the jerk bait, only made one cast with the spinner bait, all day.

Yes, I am stubborn when it comes to how I want to catch a fish.. bang

Around 2 pm the sun started shining and everything I threw worked..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Even the little guys wanted the 6 inch

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fished some areas of lake I hadn’t fished in years..
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Naconiche - 03/10/24 10:20 PM

I like that creek picture. Nice report, and thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Naconiche - 03/10/24 11:00 PM

Sure is nice when the fish turn on after a slow start.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Naconiche - 03/11/24 12:06 AM

coolphotos Solid post and fish as always. Good job. thumb
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Naconiche - 03/11/24 12:46 AM

Nice report Louis, thumb

Glad to see more good ones caught on the swimbait.

Like DKR said, “You gotta dance with the one who brung you.” smile
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Naconiche - 03/11/24 02:45 AM

clap fish
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Naconiche - 03/11/24 01:35 PM

coolphotos ... thumb

Re: Naconiche - 03/11/24 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by TXanalogkd
I like that creek picture. Nice report, and thanks for sharing.

I was past where any boat could get back there.. paddled over sunken logs and stick ups that were just a couple of inches below surface... water was still 6 feet deep and grass back there.. turned around but could have gone further.
Posted By: Kwest141

Re: Naconiche - 03/12/24 04:10 PM

Thats awesome. I have to make a trip down there. Ive been on that lake once but it was years ago. I needa load up the yak and make the drive.

Re: Naconiche - 03/13/24 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kwest141
Thats awesome. I have to make a trip down there. Ive been on that lake once but it was years ago. I needa load up the yak and make the drive.

well let me know ahead and I might meet you there.. cheers Dont believe I have ever met someone that posts about once a year for the last 12 years! roflmao
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: Naconiche - 03/30/24 02:20 AM

This post got me all excited about trying Naconiche, so I loaded up the kayak and headed there today. Wind was blowing like crazy out of the South. I managed one on a spinnerbait. Decent fish. About three pounds. There weren’t many others on the lake today. The ones I talked to weren’t catching many, either. One couple said they’d fished the lake ever since it had been open to the public. Said they’d only caught 3.

It’s a really pretty lake. The water is very clear, and there’s an abundance of cover for the fish. Laydowns everywhere. Hydrilla, too. I plan to be back.

JR
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum