Texas Fishing Forum

Missing hatch help

Posted By: patriot07

Missing hatch help - 04/25/24 09:57 PM

Anyone know how to order one of these twist hatch lids?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Missing hatch help - 04/26/24 01:24 AM

There are many helpful, knowledgeable people on this Forum that would probably be happy to assist, if you could at least give them the brand and model of the kayak. IslandJim
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Missing hatch help - 04/26/24 02:48 AM

Call Mariner Sails in Dallas and tell them what model and brand kayak you have and they can probably send you what you need. Might have to install both the insert and hatch cover.. not hard to do if you order the right one.. worst case they can probably send you in the right direction..
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Missing hatch help - 04/26/24 02:31 PM

+1 on what lconn said. The folks at Mariner Sails are very helpful and can order almost anything.

Without knowing the make/model, the seat design makes me wonder if it's an older model. If so, you might not be able to source the exact lid. If so, you will need to order a whole new insert and Amazon has many to choose from. Remove the old one and measure the outside and inside diameter and order accordingly. When installing the new insert, pre-drill the holes and use a hand drive screw driver so you don't strip out the relatively thin/soft plastic. If it was me, I would apply a small bead of marine goop to the underside of the flange.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Missing hatch help - 04/26/24 02:33 PM

A close up pic would be helpful. West Marine may also have something. If you can't find the lid, just replace the whole hatch.
Posted By: Snottynose

Re: Missing hatch help - 04/26/24 02:54 PM

Id just replace the hatch. Its either 4-6-8" and can be had cheap. Add a liner to make it even more useful
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Missing hatch help - 05/06/24 03:29 PM

I think I'm just going to replace the whole hatch. Easier than trying to find a match, and I didn't realize it could be done so easily. Thanks for the help!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum