Texas Fishing Forum

Well it took 3 years

Posted By: dbraune

Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 10:52 PM

But finally tested positive for covid. Can hardly breath. Very weak. I feel like I need a nap just going to the bathroom. Also feels like I swallowed broken glass. On meds now so we will see what happens. Be safe my friends.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 11:13 PM

What meds are they prescribing now that they are saying it`s ok to prescribe Ivermectin for Covid?
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
What meds are they prescribing now that they are saying it`s ok to prescribe Ivermectin for Covid?

Wife and I had Covid in April symptoms milder than dbraune’s Doc prescribed Paxlovid for her I choose just to do OTC meds like Allegra D. She got well a few days before me but she might have caught it first who knows. We both had fairly mild cases more like just the winter type crud low grade fever, lots of mucous, mild sore throat. We were having our popcorn ceilings removed and interior painted and staying at the Riverwalk Hilton Suites in Flower Mound I feel sure we got it there. Heck we had to help move all our stuff back in the house feeling puny did not know we had Covid until the next day when we finally tested.

For dbraune hope yours goes as easy as ours our worst symptoms were only a few days.

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 11:28 PM

They have me on something called lagevrio.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 11:30 PM

I thought this was going to be how long it takes to open a thread…..lol.

Good luck with the Covid. Being tired definitely occurred when I got it the first time the first month it really started. Get some rest. Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen every 2 hrs kept the fever under control. Second time I had some ivermectin and hydroxychoricle (sp) brought in from Brazil
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/06/23 11:38 PM

Good luck Dbraune. Mar 2020 seems like a dang eternity ago. Anyhow, take your meds and get your rest and watch those o2 levels. Get well soon.
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/07/23 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by dbraune
But finally tested positive for covid. Can hardly breath. Very weak. I feel like I need a nap just going to the bathroom. Also feels like I swallowed broken glass[/color]. On meds now so we will see what happens. Be safe my friends.

I had the Omnicron (sp) in Jan 21. Had sore throat for 3 days.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/07/23 01:43 PM

We had it earlier this year for the 1st time. A fully vaxxed medical professional brought it into our home. The girls got it first. Rue was hospitalized as a precaution. I stayed with her at Children's. I knew I would get it. But wasn't going to leave her down down there alone. It was pretty mild for the wife and I. Vaxxed medical professional had it pretty rough.
Hope you recover quickly

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/07/23 11:11 PM

Thank yall very much
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/07/23 11:16 PM

Just had it at our house 2 weeks ago. We all did fine, I slept for nearly an entire day. Fever lasted 2 days, but no fever for the 1st 2 days. It felt like someone was trying to pry my spine off with crow bar one night. The back pain was real.
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: Well it took 3 years - 09/08/23 03:35 AM

I’ve tested positive 4 different times. Last time I had it I was prescribed Paxlovid. It seemed to really help. Hope you get well soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum