Texas Fishing Forum

Armadillos......

Posted By: BlueNitro

Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 02:40 PM

suck!!!!

Threw down some bug/grub killer a few weeks ago when I fertilized my grass to help after all the heat this year and last week a/some armadillos started hitting my yard hard to find the dead and slightly fermented little treats. I know that they are hard to trap so I've been peeking my head out at night in hopes I can send an arrow through their yard wrecking souls but no luck so far.

Maybe Dan90230 would come stand watch on my yard to let me know when they are out so I can start flinging some arrows. I bet he would if I promised to give his bike back to him.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 02:48 PM

Interesting fact - most armadillos that you see on the side of the road dead are not run over and squished by the vehicle tires. They die because when a vehicle passes over them, they get scared and jump up into the undercarriage and commit vermin suicide.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 02:59 PM

Bet there out about an hour before sunup.ive had to hunt a few grub diggers
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 03:17 PM

Got two of these miniature fire alarms.
They can hear a dillo scraping around in the yard and go ballistic.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 03:47 PM

I got a 20 gauge trap that never fails to stop them. You are welcome!
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 04:38 PM

We got one tearing the hail out of the yard around the house. DW won't let me send it off to its everlasting reward, thinks they're 'cute'. Waiting for one of these days when she's off carousing with her friends...
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlueNitro
Interesting fact - most armadillos that you see on the side of the road dead are not run over and squished by the vehicle tires. They die because when a vehicle passes over them, they get scared and jump up into the undercarriage and commit vermin suicide.

I straddled one with my pickup but the boat trailer axle wasn't high enough and it clipped the top of his back. It was a pretty spectacular series of flips and rolls while it lasted.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 04:52 PM

During our driving while drinking days way back when, whenever we saw a dead dillo, we'd prop him on the side of the road and give it a bottle. Kinda miss those days.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Got two of these miniature fire alarms.
They can hear a dillo scraping around in the yard and go ballistic.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have one of those and she hears everything! We have to play white noise at night so she doesn’t bark all night. If she gets out, I have to ride to the next county to find her.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I straddled one.

giggle
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 08:23 PM

I've live trapped 2 dillos and 3 possums in the last few weeks. No bait. I just put the trap between the wall and a rose bush. They wonder aimlessly in and die of lead poison the next day.
my back yard looks like Stevie Wonder has been practicing his golf swing,
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/29/23 08:26 PM

Why did the chicken cross the road?
To prove to the Armadillo that it can be done.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/30/23 02:11 AM

suck!!!!

Threw down some bug/grub killer a few weeks ago when I fertilized my grass to help after all the heat this year and last week a/some armadillos started hitting my yard hard to find the dead and slightly fermented little treats. I know that they are hard to trap so I've been peeking my head out at night in hopes I can send an arrow through their yard wrecking souls but no luck so far.

Maybe Dan90230 would come stand watch on my yard to let me know when they are out so I can start flinging some arrows. I bet he would if I promised to give his bike back to him.

[Linked Image]

Just think that armadillos are aerating your yard at no charge and water the holes the next day… they never seem to stay more than a week or two.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/30/23 03:42 AM

We were kids, went out one night on mini bikes and landing nets in a big pasture by the lake. When we netted one we spray painted them with glow in the dark paint. We ended up getting a dozen or so.

Watching little green blobs wandering around that field was dang funny.
Posted By: dbraune

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/30/23 04:52 AM

I remember in the 70s we had armadillo Olympics. Bring them back!!!!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/30/23 05:22 AM

Them dudes are almost worst than hogs on manicured grass
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Armadillos...... - 09/30/23 07:19 PM

It looks like I have an entire herd of them at my lake place, I have tried everything to keep them away, my yard looks like a herd of buffaloes been running through it. I tried to sit out in the truck with my air rifle the other nite, fell asleep at the wheel. grin
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Armadillos...... - 10/01/23 10:37 AM

I've seen some , but they have stayed across the road . they were hell last year . Shot out them with rat shot and the used the water hose on them. back the next night
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Armadillos...... - 10/01/23 12:02 PM

chili season is once again upon us.

just sayin. food
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Armadillos...... - 10/01/23 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hookem
During our driving while drinking days way back when, whenever we saw a dead dillo, we'd prop him on the side of the road and give it a bottle. Kinda miss those days.

[Linked Image]

thumb
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Armadillos...... - 10/01/23 12:43 PM

I ran over one last week. Pretty sure that speed bump didn't move after that.
Posted By: ssigler

Re: Armadillos...... - 10/01/23 01:00 PM

Always heard you could get leprosy from armadillos.
Buy traps from harbor freight and relocate them...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum