Texas Fishing Forum

Shoes

Posted By: learnin to fish

Shoes - 03/15/24 02:45 PM

Hey guys, I am looking for some shoes with FLAT insoles. I wear orthotics in my shoes so am not looking for any arch support etc on the inside. I wear wide shoes and have a VERY hard time finding shoes flat and wide enough inside that my arch supports lay flat inside my shoes.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 02:54 PM

Sounds like you want New Balances. Nothing says old and flat feet like New Balances.
Posted By: learnin to fish

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 02:56 PM

I’ve tried New Balance, the old ones were great, the “new” ones they tried to make with support and don’t fit right anymore. Even taking out the insoles.
Posted By: outdoor-addict

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 03:15 PM

Go to Academy and try on some Magellan branded, different types available based on activity
Posted By: COFF

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 03:26 PM

You may try removing the bottom liner from the shoe and replacing it with a plain pad liner like dr sholls. That should free up some space for your orthotics.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 03:34 PM

Flat shoes wide toe box-
These are great https://www.altrarunning.com/
Posted By: RussellWayne

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 04:28 PM

Here ya go.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 04:30 PM

I refer all shoe questions to FlyFisherman. He knows shoes.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
You may try removing the bottom liner from the shoe and replacing it with a plain pad liner like dr sholls. That should free up some space for your orthotics.

I've had pretty good luck doing this:
I've gone to academy with my flat foam insole and orthotic in a bag. Found someone up front to approve me doing that, and then went shoe or boot shopping. Some of those factory insoles are a little tough to get out, but you can do it without destroying anything.
I've had real good luck at Fleet Feet getting Brooks running shoes. Most comfortable shoes I've EVER worn. I used their own high arch insloe and had about as good luck with those as with my custom orthotics.
Posted By: Jeff Schiller

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 08:17 PM

Altra.
Sounds like you're looking for a zero drop shoe. Altra's are zero drop and foot shaped
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 09:18 PM

Vans
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 09:42 PM

Maybe want to gets some used fat fk’s shoes with insoles that have been flattened out over time.. win/win! bolt
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Shoes - 03/15/24 10:49 PM

Have you tried SAS shoes? I have flat feet and they are good for me.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Shoes - 03/16/24 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Maybe want to gets some used fat fk’s shoes with insoles that have been flattened out over time.. win/win! bolt

LMMFAO
roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum