Texas Fishing Forum

Who Has a Blackstone Griddle?

Posted By: Topwater2

Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 09:25 PM

How do you like it? Pro's and con's? I'm seriously looking at a 30", just two of us.
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 10:19 PM

There isn’t anything not to like if you enjoy cooking outside. It’s pretty easy to maintain and clean up. It makes cold food hot. I used it more than my normal gril.
Posted By: ShinerInTx

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 10:24 PM

I have a Halo griddle. I cook on it all the time, probably 5-7 times a week. I was about to buy another grill and at the last minute decided on a griddle. Best decision ive made because it is more versatile. Breakfast on the weekends with bacon, eggs, pancakes is a staple.

As far as size, even if its only 2 of you, my advice is to buy the bigger models. Its easier to hold different zones, and having more space makes cooking easier.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 10:29 PM

Love my 30" but don't expect to make a couple fried eggs on it. Holds a lot of food and only worth to fire up for bulk imo.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 11:01 PM

Had a 36" for several years. Enjoyed cooking on it but I just used it less and less for the 2 of us. Sold it 2 years ago and use my lodge griddle on my cooktop now. I may get a smaller one (22" Blackstone) if I can ever get one on sale. They are great if you have to cook for lots of people.
Posted By: POPPA

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 11:15 PM

i have a two burner 24X16 inch blackstone. i like it and use it regularly. not hard to keep clean, i just dont clean it! scrap off after use and put a little fresh oil on it while its hot, shut the lid, let it cool and throw the cover on it. i would like to make a grease trap modification so it runs in a throw away container while its hot. ya cant dump the little container when its hot then when its cool its hard to get the grease out.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 11:19 PM

When we remodeled our kitchen, we installed a sis burner gas stove with a dedicated griddle in the middle. At that point, the Blackstone was relegated to large family fajita or burger outside dinners. It does a great jog when we do use it.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 11:37 PM

They're pretty awesome.
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/23/24 11:50 PM

I have one. It is great for burgers and I especially like it for blackening fish and grilling shrimp. I’ve used it for breakfast., pancakes, eggs and bacon….great also. I don’t like it for much else though…JMO
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 12:35 AM

I’ve had one for several years. Makes awesome fajitas

I very rarely use it. I’m more of a bbq grill cook.

Jimmy
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 12:35 PM

wife wants one to put next to the Green Egg smoker she used three times over the past several years... we're subscribed to the Blackstone YouTube page, it's the best sales tool ever... LOL we'll get one...
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 01:02 PM

I have the 22", it's been great for cooking anything messy that you would cook on a griddle, smash burgers, bacon, sausage, etc...

Also best for quesadillas, cook the filling stuff on one side and then turn that burner down while you use the other side to finish them.

Small enough to take camping.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by POPPA
i have a two burner 24X16 inch blackstone. i like it and use it regularly. not hard to keep clean, i just dont clean it! scrap off after use and put a little fresh oil on it while its hot, shut the lid, let it cool and throw the cover on it. i would like to make a grease trap modification so it runs in a throw away container while its hot. ya cant dump the little container when its hot then when its cool its hard to get the grease out.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=blackstone+foil+grease+cup&crid=58TYGX5G7H7P&sprefix=Blackstone+foil+grease+%2Caps%2C2401&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_23
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 05:40 PM

I can think of a few different family members and friends that got one, used it for a bit, and went back to a grill. I am about to replace a nearly fifteen year old Weber gasser with a new Weber gasser. I've used different cast-iron griddles on the grill over the years. I'm considering a stainless griddle because it can go in the dishwasher. I know cast-iron beats stainless, but stainless sure is easy to take care of.
Posted By: Clearwater7

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 05:53 PM

My brother in law has one and loves it. The only issue he said that he has with it is now my sister law (his wife) has him cooking almost every meal on it because it's not a grill and you can do everything on it without dirtying up the kitchen roflmao Kept me from buying one lol... You've been warned! thumb
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 06:35 PM

Had a Blaze griddle built into our outdoor kitchen. Use it more then the grill along side it.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 07:29 PM

I've been a charcoal guy my whole life. My son and DILgot me a Blackstone 36" griddle. I really like the ease of using it. Wr cook breakfast all the time on it. Great for shrimp and fish filets. And it's easy for the wife to use. I love my Oklahoma Joe's charcoal grill. But this Blackstone is pretty cool.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/24/24 10:13 PM

We got the big one.

Started off using it in the regular but it has died down a lot. We haven’t used it in about 5 months I would guess.

Pretty cool and do like it but now it’s just taking up space.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rangerkev
I've been a charcoal guy my whole life. My son and DILgot me a Blackstone 36" griddle. I really like the ease of using it. Wr cook breakfast all the time on it. Great for shrimp and fish filets. And it's easy for the wife to use. I love my Oklahoma Joe's charcoal grill. But this Blackstone is pretty cool.

It's not an Or thing, it's an And thing. Add one to your outdoor arsenal
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 12:32 PM

Never really cared for one, we do have one at a cabin we own, also have a heavy griddle that is made to use on our gas grill, have a griddle on our cook stove, it gets used more than the others but even then not a lot. A good heavy cast iron skillet will work for me. I will admit if you are cooking breakfast for a large group the blackstone comes in pretty handy, especially when camping.
Posted By: Fish-ed

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 01:04 PM

We have the 22" model, bought mostly for ease of taking camping. I like it!
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 01:13 PM

I just got the 36" a few weeks back. used it twice. Cooked burgers and hot links first time around . we have a large crew. Fed about 20 of us in nothing flat. Clean up was quick, no complaints Second time I cooked chicken and beef tacos for me and the misses. Was no different than using the grill. clean up about the same. 20 or 2 just as easy to use.

My pointers... Follow the tips on seasoning it, Tik Tok, You Tube has lots of helpful videos and recipes. Check out the Weber Griddle, If I had known I'd probably looked into it first.

Another good tip. Start on lower heat. It's much easier to get it hotter than to cool the sumbuck down... and treat it like a cast iron skillet.

so far I like it.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 01:27 PM

I like to cook Philly steak sandwiches on my 22 , easy to clean
Posted By: MBarger

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 02:06 PM

We use ours quite often. I like it. Simple and easy to clean. Not much you can't do with it. We have the 22" that we bought unopened at a garage sale last year, we've loaded it up and taken it to vacation, camp outs, etc. I would recommend getting a bigger one if you are not planning on traveling with it.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
There isn’t anything not to like if you enjoy cooking outside. It’s pretty easy to maintain and clean up. It makes cold food hot. I used it more than my normal gril.

+1 to all of this

I love my 36. Use it way more than my old grill. Smash burgers, chicken friend rice, any breakfast foods, steak sears, are all fantastic.

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/25/24 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Mudshark

+1 to all of this

I love my 36. Use it way more than my old grill. Smash burgers, chicken friend rice, any breakfast foods, steak sears, are all fantastic.

I love cooking outside, especially over fire, if its too cold out I will use my cast iron skillet or my stove top griddle.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/28/24 07:30 PM

I have a Blackstone and use it pretty consistently. I always felt it was pretty well built for the money. This may be old news, but I got an email from Weber concerning their griddle. I have a Weber gas grill and love it. I might check out their griddle when I have some time.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/slategr...hjhRc9FjPz_W-P4dGh-yjYR-3q8EC4Ivr-2aEXzM
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/29/24 06:49 AM

Ive been trying to google and pinterest any excuse to use mine
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/29/24 05:01 PM

Not Blackstone, got a SS propane BBQ grill at Sams came with fitted fry top like Blackstone, works pretty good.
Posted By: ShinerInTx

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/29/24 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Baylor_Guy�
Ive been trying to google and pinterest any excuse to use mine

I dont think you have to search for things. Anything i used to make in a skillet, I make on the griddle. Havent made anything beyond a sandwich in our kitchen for a long time...

Re: Who Has a Blackstone Griddle? - 03/29/24 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by DCmac
Not Blackstone, got a SS propane BBQ grill at Sams came with fitted fry top like Blackstone, works pretty good.

I have a DCS grill that has a fitted grill top, it is made with 3/8 of an inch thick steel ( heavy duty ), have only used it a few times, I do have a griddle on our viking stove that gets used a little more.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum