Texas Fishing Forum

How clean is your house?

Posted By: river-rat

How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 11:37 AM

Got my neighbors mail while they were out of town, dropped it off yesterday and they invited me in for a few and it blew my mind it was crazy clean and made me feel uncomfortable. The have a white sectional couch (who has a white couch?) i keep my house cleaned enough for me, I’m single , i mop , vacuum and all that good stuff but dam. I had to come home and take a shower. OCD at its finest. What say you OT?
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 11:43 AM

A clean house does not indicate OCD.
My neighbor was an appliance repairman for many years. You should hear the stories of the filth he encountered regularly.

We keep ours clean.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 11:43 AM

I do the lions share of the housework because I am retired wife is younger will work another year or two. I keep it pretty clean do a little most days to keep it that way. That said our blinds were really bad I paid a housekeeper $200 to clean all the blinds and inside windows well worth it I don’t do blinds lol. I also do the yardwork, pay bills…etc…try to do the things I can do rather than pay someone else. I am sure lots on her pay yard crews to mow and housekeepers to clean…so they can spend more time in the Bunker complaining about illegal immigration hammer
Posted By: steveiam

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 11:47 AM

We just keep things picked up to where I won’t trip over anything-
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:06 PM

Not saying you could eat off my floors but our house stays pretty clean. Just the two of us and 2 dogs. Not hard to do when you pick up after yourself.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:12 PM

House is very clean. Garage, shop and boat barn are a disaster right now.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:24 PM

My wife keeps a very clean house. I would call her a minimalist. no nick nacks everywhere.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:37 PM

We clean once a week but keep things picked up during the course of the week.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:47 PM

It's clean by anyone's standards... When the wife had the kitchen redone she picked out white cabinets and appliances... I suggested a more natural color since white would show everything... Well, she's outa town for a few days so during the draft last night I decided to wipe everything down... I texted her I was right... They show everything... But at least they're clean for a short while... I'll be eating out until she gets home... Dan
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:52 PM

Really clean
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
My wife keeps a very clean house. I would call her a minimalist. no nick nacks everywhere.

Plus #1. wife
Posted By: skeeterokc

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Really clean

Same. Cannot tolerate a cluttered unclean house. Wife and I both do the cleaning, not a chore, we make it fun. bannana2
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:26 PM

Clean house. We are able to have a housekeeper come every 2 weeks. We work at keeping it pretty clean between visits.
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:30 PM

I have 4 kids.

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gixxer1k
I have 4 kids.

Lol
Point taken-
I bet thats a house with a lot of laughter though-
Enjoy them while you can-
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:55 PM

I keep my house pretty clean I would say...

And when I say "I", I mean I alone. Wife does jack when it comes to cleaning.

Most my friends have a maid service it seems that comes anywhere from few times a week to once a month... I might look into that like once a month a thing. Just do all the BS I dont want to triffle with. Cleaning fans, top of the fridge, dusting the lights and blinds, clean the windows, all that "deeper" cleaning stuff.

Wonder what something like that would cost once a month? Anyone have any ideas on cost for that like monthly? Figure it might be 3-4 hours of work.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:59 PM

I had another raccoon in the house last night... it didnt know I was home as it was startled when it came slowly around the corner and I was looking at it before it saw me.. turned around in his tracks and jumped up on bed and out the window without have to get a golf club. I may or may not mop this week.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 01:59 PM

We keep our house tidy and clean. We both come from Military families so you know what means. Beds are made, restrooms clean-straight, etc.

There's always room for improvement though. cheers
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 02:12 PM

Housekeeper is well worth it since I travel. She comes once per week.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 02:39 PM

Generally clean, but it stays cluttered. Right now there are 2 cased rifles sitting on the sofa and a range bag on the living room floor. Those may or may not get put away over the weekend. In fact, if the weather wasn't so awful, the pile might grow.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 02:42 PM

Does dog hair count?
Posted By: Westside.

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:08 PM

Pretty clean but cluttered, my wife is borderline hoarder, not like trash, she just can't get rid of shoes and purses and earrings etc... she's had for years and hasn't used in years
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:10 PM

I’m ocd about keeping it clean- full time job walking behind the rest of the family picking stuff up.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:11 PM

Spotless until my sister moved in...

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Pretty clean but cluttered, my wife is borderline hoarder, not like trash, she just can't get rid of shoes and purses and earrings etc... she's had for years and hasn't used in years

Uhhhhhhh

I still have shoes in my closet that I’m pretty sure I’ll never wear again either-
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Does dog hair count?

I upland hunt, quail, pheasant, etc. I raise and train bird dogs. I've never had a dog in the house and never will.
No to the dog hair,. Or any other animal hair.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:27 PM

I keep my house faily clean but my Blue Heeler shed like nothing I have ever seen. I bet a gallon to gallon and a half a day don't know why she isn’t bald LOL

but I have all hardwood and tile floors so its not hard to keep up with.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:31 PM

OMG, my wife has 2 walk-in closets completely jam-packed top to bottom with HER clothes and shoes. She uses MY closet for her overflow purses.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN

OMG, my wife has 2 walk-in closets completely jam-packed top to bottom with HER clothes and shoes. She uses MY closet for her overflow purses.

I lucked out. My wife likes to purge. I'm the semi-horder. getting better though.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 03:51 PM

House is kept clean. Half the garage is kept clean. Mom still can't part with all the stuff she's inherited from her late mom and two brothers...I've helped her clean out part of it so I can park my car in the garage. So, clean enough, I guess.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 04:05 PM

MEH, I have three kids and we are super busy. Kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, living room is all pretty clean. Having a big house is WAY overrated.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 04:09 PM

I have 3 kids, but looking at our house, you would think I had 15 kids.
My back yard is pretty nice though. I am gonna stay on top of it all summer and enjoy the pool more this year even though I hate that thing
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 04:34 PM

Does dog hair count?

dog hair is clean
i wore a black shirt to bed the other night
i was shocked at how much dog hair was on it
you normally dont see it
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
I keep my house faily clean but my Blue Heeler shed like nothing I have ever seen. I bet a gallon to gallon and a half a day don't know why she isn’t bald LOL

but I have all hardwood and tile floors so its not hard to keep up with.

Same I sweep every day and then use the Swifter duster every day. Brush and bath my heeler every now then seems to help.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Not saying you could eat off my floors but our house stays pretty clean. Just the two of us and 2 dogs. Not hard to do when you pick up after yourself.

this, now my grandmas house you could eat off the floors
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 05:14 PM

You can eat off the floor at my house. I know, the dog does it all the time.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 05:53 PM

House stays spotless.

Wife is OCD.

Vacuums twice a day and mops twice a week.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 05:56 PM

My house needs a good cleaning, dusting mostly, as the wife was in the hospital most of the last 2 months and is restricted in her activities for the next couple.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 09:23 PM

my wife is OCD and I'm pretty sure she gets some sort of sexual pleasure out of running a vaccum cleaner which incidentally is about as noisy as a log truck....thinks I'm sorry as hell for not mowing the grass 3 times a week like her father (he didn't hunt or fish and I'm sure stayed out in the yard all the tme to get away from his wife and my wife's yapping)....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 09:24 PM

My moms house is sterile clean. White floors, white couches, white paint….I don’t even go into her house with the socks I was wearing inside my shoes. I bring a clean pair of socks. My moms name is Jean….every person that ever met her thinks they are starting the “Jean clean “ nickname. She’s been that way all her life. There is clean…then there is German clean. That’s where I got my OCD from.

….edit. You asked about MY house. I married a Cajun that grew up with maids cleaning their house. I actually have a picture of one of her chickens [censored] on the computer screen!

We got that straitened out real quick!
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 10:05 PM

My wife is OCD type A and is a housewife. I spend lot of time in the barn...
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/26/24 11:00 PM

Yeah, very clean. We try to keep it that way. My wife does most of it, but I make sure to pick up after myself. I keep the garage very straight. It's easy with a leaf blower.
Posted By: gander

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/27/24 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I keep my house pretty clean I would say...

And when I say "I", I mean I alone. Wife does jack when it comes to cleaning.

Most my friends have a maid service it seems that comes anywhere from few times a week to once a month... I might look into that like once a month a thing. Just do all the BS I dont want to triffle with. Cleaning fans, top of the fridge, dusting the lights and blinds, clean the windows, all that "deeper" cleaning stuff.

Wonder what something like that would cost once a month? Anyone have any ideas on cost for that like monthly? Figure it might be 3-4 hours of work.
Mine charges 35$ an hour and she is cleaning once a month for 4 hours at a time. That is about average for my area. It is money well spent IMO.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/27/24 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Does dog hair count?

dog hair is clean
i wore a black shirt to bed the other night
i was shocked at how much dog hair was on it
you normally dont see it

yes! except the hair around their a$$ and it never falls out..
bolt
Posted By: Trickster

Re: How clean is your house? - 04/27/24 09:40 PM

Not very.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum