Texas Fishing Forum

Zeke is back

Posted By: YEE_YEE

Zeke is back - 04/26/24 06:04 PM

According to one of my sources in the Cowboys front office, free agent RB Ezekiel Elliott is signing with the team as they finish the ground work on his new deal.

And he's hungry !!!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BassFever

Re: All In - 04/26/24 07:22 PM

bang
Posted By: RCarter

Re: All In - 04/26/24 07:23 PM

hmmm

Re: All In - 04/26/24 07:42 PM

Sources was correct
THE DALLAS COWBOYS & EZEKIEL ELLIOTT HAVE AGREED TO A DEAL
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: All In - 04/26/24 07:44 PM

Yea, he'll get you to the SB...
Posted By: Chris B

Re: All In - 04/26/24 08:06 PM

As bad as the OL is they could use the pass protection.
Posted By: COFF

Re: All In - 04/26/24 08:13 PM

I'm totally fine with it as long as they don't break the bank. Zeke is still a quality role player. Not a premier running back at all, but he still has a place. Deal needs to be low money, short term and no guarantees. Load him up on incentives if you want, but make him earn them.

Re: All In - 04/26/24 08:31 PM

According to my source they want him here as a mentor for Brooks and certain 3rd down situations.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: All In - 04/26/24 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by JCBYEN
Yea, he'll get you to the SB...

maybe as an Uber driver
Posted By: CCTX

Re: All In - 04/26/24 08:50 PM

Well, he hasn’t made the Final Cut yet.
Posted By: RoadRunnerTR21

Re: All In - 04/26/24 09:09 PM

Yeah?
Posted By: HasBen

Re: All In - 04/26/24 09:11 PM

Zeke is a lot of things. I don’t believe mentor is one of those things.
Posted By: Quillback

Re: All In - 04/26/24 09:48 PM

He had a couple of good games with the Pats. Pats offense struggled last year so there is that. If the salary hit is low, Zeke is not a bad option as a guy that gets in 10-15 plays a game.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: All In - 04/26/24 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Quillback
He had a couple of good games with the Pats. Pats offense struggled last year so there is that. If the salary hit is low, Zeke is not a bad option as a guy that gets in 10-15 plays a game.

I’ll bet we have at least 8 or so guys on here that could play 10-15 snaps a game and do as well (maybe better) than Zeke. lconn knows football. If I was Jerry I’d contact him…have him hold some TFF tryouts, evaluate talent and submit a few finalists.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: All In - 04/26/24 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Quillback

I’ll bet we have at least 8 or so guys on here that could play 10-15 snaps a game and do as well (maybe better) than Zeke. lconn knows football. If I was Jerry I’d contact him…have him hold some TFF tryouts, evaluate talent and submit a few finalists.

With patriot as their GM they'll never lose another game.
Posted By: Jman

Re: All In - 04/26/24 10:11 PM

I don't have any worries about the running back position. If true, I think Zeke and Dak have a little more magic left in them. I like them as a pair. Dowdle can do everything Pollard could, and Deuce will probably surprise a lot of us this year. Add Zeke in and a few of the other guys and they'll be fine. Plug holes elsewhere in my opinion or take a flyer on a late round guy.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: All In - 04/26/24 10:49 PM

If he makes the team it should get them a better draft pick in 2025. thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: All In - 04/26/24 11:34 PM

roflmao
Posted By: RayBob

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:33 AM

I got nothing. 2022.Zeke on the Cowboys sucked pretty badly. I have a hard time visualizing another campaign with Zeke being even that good.

Nothing essential of him having signed has broken yet. Imminent is the word the sports heads are using and not posted yet on the Cowboyzone site.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:45 AM

Waste of a roster spot
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: All In - 04/27/24 02:52 AM

Nothing positive will come out of this for Dallas. He is toast. He had a few good years. The average NFL RB doesn’t get many.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: All In - 04/27/24 03:01 AM

I guess the coaches do not have a clue, maybe some of you football guys can give them a call and let them know how stupid they are, maybe give them a few pointers.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: All In - 04/27/24 04:15 AM

I say it was a good move, even if it is just for what he brings to the locker room.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: All In - 04/27/24 04:41 AM

Upgrades the locker room immediately...and production may surprise everyone
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: All In - 04/27/24 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I guess the coaches do not have a clue, maybe some of you football guys can give them a call and let them know how stupid they are, maybe give them a few pointers.

I am not a football coach just weekend warrior but he wasn’t producing that much before he left and most thought the other guy who just left was better back then. I can't imagine that there wasn’t a young stud off the draft, better then and old used back, unless they needed the draft spot for another position and they don't see running backs as that valuable anymore.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: All In - 04/27/24 12:14 PM

This is shaping up to be an awesome year, just amazing. I can't wait......
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:02 PM

thumb

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

I am not a football coach just weekend warrior but he wasn’t producing that much before he left and most thought the other guy who just left was better back then. I can't imagine that there wasn’t a young stud off the draft, better then and old used back, unless they needed the draft spot for another position and they don't see running backs as that valuable anymore.

I wish they had grabbed a back as well, I imagine they tried hard but just could not get a trade suitor, there are still some good backs left, they need to get a fourth round pick and grab one. Zeke ( if he makes the team ) will be the short yardage guy, they guy with all the experience, the leader, I think he can bring something but we will see, if he cannot then see ya later.

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

I assume you renewed your season tickets for the year

Re: All In - 04/27/24 01:56 PM

I assume you renewed your season tickets for the year

I'll be plopped in front of TV eating popcorn and watching the dreams crumble
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: All In - 04/27/24 02:36 PM

1 of the worst football decisions ever
& Jerruh has made a lot of them
This is dumb
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: All In - 04/27/24 02:55 PM

Loosing the Stuper Bowl...so easy a caveman could do it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Zeke is back - 04/27/24 02:56 PM

He is not signed as of this morning.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Zeke is back - 04/27/24 03:13 PM

Teams study film and make note of tendencies.
Zeke drove me crazy as he would take the handoff and run along the line of scrimmage losing about 3 or 4 yards trying to square up waiting for a hole to open. By then, the defense was already in the backfield and if he was lucky he only gained about a yard passed the original line of scrimmage.
I noticed in his game as a Patriot he hit the hole immediately and picked up positive yardage.......More than likely coaching, but if he runs like he did there, he could help in the red zone, and blocking to protect Dak would be a plus.

Re: Zeke is back - 04/27/24 03:13 PM

I actually think it's a fine signing if the following 2 conditions are met. 1. He is relatively cheap 2. 1 year deal. He is at that point where he has to play hard to get his next meal.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Zeke is back - 04/27/24 03:46 PM

I actually think it's a fine signing if the following 2 conditions are met. 1. He is relatively cheap 2. 1 year deal. He is at that point where he has to play hard to get his next meal.

Could be why he hasn't signed yet.
Needs to be low cost, and with some incentives in order for him to by a burger.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum