Texas Fishing Forum

Sirius XM is horrible

Posted By: donothin

Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:13 PM

Cancellation is a nightmare. I realized I was paying $25/month and not using it. Set out to cancel and they made offers to reduce the price to about $4/month which is aggravating. Somehow I get signed up for it when I buy a new vehicle. Never again.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:15 PM

I used to like it back when Howard Stern was not a gay lib and was actually funny...

Sad what he became.

Speaking of sad, them making an offer to keep a customer is aggravating? Dang son...
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I used to like it back when Howard Stern was not a gay lib and was actually funny...

Sad what he became.

Speaking of sad, them making an offer to keep a customer is aggravating? Dang son...

stern, colbert and stewart used to all be good till they weren't. Stern should have just given briben a wet kiss for the interview he did.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:21 PM

There was a period before Sirius and XM merged that they were billing $0 subscriptions just so they could keep their subscriber numbers up. I had it for free for several years until I bought my new car.
Posted By: Flip Flop Fisher

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:28 PM

have to drive a lot for it to be worth it
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Sad what he became.

stern, colbert and stewart used to all be good till they weren't. Stern should have just given briben a wet kiss for the interview he did.

I heard he interviewed him. I am sure that was terrible.

I canceled Sirius about 2 years ago... I really only had it for Howard and between him doing 3 shows a month, them being 3 hours each, and them pulling all the fun old stuff off of Howard 101 I said F it. They offered it to me for almost free and I said no. Had been a sub since 2005 when Howard announced he was going there... but alas I had enough.

They pulled all the strippers, all the Gary the Retards, all the Lord of the Anal Ring toss, all of the Daniel Carver KKK stuff, etc. etc. from the re-runs even.

Never got much into Stewart or Colbert. Dont know much about them.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:42 PM

Giggle
Posted By: wytex

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:44 PM

Wouldn't have a truck without it. You all don't know how lucky you are to have radio or even cell service all over.
Sirius is a must up here and for travelling.
I listen to music only, talk radio is boring and not for driving for me- puts me to sleep.

Don't answer when they call, pretty easy really.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by wytex
Wouldn't have a truck without it. You all don't know how lucky you are to have radio or even cell service all over.
I listen to music only, talk radio is boring and not for driving for me- puts me to sleep.

You mean you don't like the reservation radio stations? Every time I'm there for work that's all I can pick up is some sort of rain dance music.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher

This ^^^^ There is enough good talk radio on AM and for music I have a USB with a gig or so of my favorite stuff.

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by wytex

I get that it would be frustrating, but some of my favorite places have poor to very little internet service-
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 05:03 PM

I pay only $7.89 a month for a one year contract. Been a member for three years and love some of the channels. I personally have had no problems with them. thumb
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 05:28 PM

When you live out in the boonies and the choice is Mexican radio stations or Sirius XM, it's worth the price. You can only play the same CDs so many times. Besides that, most of mine are Ranchera and Tejano music.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 05:43 PM

I pay the cancellation game every year with them. I hate my local stations (I only listen to talk radio) and I get listen to Texas Tech sports.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 05:51 PM

This comes up so often it should be a sticky...ahahahah

You can talk then down on price if you call at least 30 days prior to your expiration. They will continue to come in high, stick to your guns and you'll get it around $6-8 a month. I personally like Sirius, but I'm on the road every weekend for hours at a time so it works for me.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 05:59 PM

Yes
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 08:27 PM

I did the lifetime for $500 back when Stern moved there in 2005. I quit listening to him in 2020 during the election campaign. He's way too political now to listen to.

Sirius was a lifesaver when I traveled a bunch. Since I retired, it's not that big a deal - but it's free.

JR
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
I did the lifetime for $500 back when Stern moved there in 2005. I quit listening to him in 2020 during the election campaign. He's way too political now to listen to.

Sirius was a lifesaver when I traveled a bunch. Since I retired, it's not that big a deal - but it's free.

JR

If you paid a $500 onetime fee, it will get cheaper and cheaper per month (into perpetuity)…but it will never be free.
Posted By: warcry

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/01/24 11:32 PM

Sirius XM =Patriot channel = awesome.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by donothin
Cancellation is a nightmare. I realized I was paying $25/month and not using it. Set out to cancel and they made offers to reduce the price to about $4/month which is aggravating. Somehow I get signed up for it when I buy a new vehicle. Never again.

I love XM and have it in my Jeep and boat. Subscriptions that have a low price in the beginning always get higher. And they are never going to contact you when it goes up. You have to keep up with it yourself.
Posted By: JCBYEN

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 01:53 AM

Had it free on my 2018 F-150 and never used it until I hit 5 years and the navigation stopped giving live traffic updates. Called them and they want $6.00 a month just for the nav...I declined thinking they would counteroffer...never did. I use my phone now if I need a traffic update.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:16 AM

I really enjoy Sirius XM. It's inexpensive and I feel like I get my money's worth. Way better than regular radio.
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS

JR

If you paid a $500 onetime fee, it will get cheaper and cheaper per month (into perpetuity)…but it will never be free.

It is since my MIL bought it for me.

JR
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:57 AM

I just go with Spotify
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 03:09 AM

Sirius came in pretty handy when companies came to the conclusion it made more sense for sales guys to drive from Houston to Midland than fly. I was one of them.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 03:24 AM

We got it for $18 a month for my pickup and my wife's car. I like all the sports channels and commercial free music. Classic rewind is my favorite,
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 07:04 AM

Have to have it here. There's nothing on broadcast radio anymore. I like sports and can listen to anything on Sirius.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 01:29 PM

I had it when I traveled for work... Didn't have to keep scanning for a new station every few hours... After I got my desk job there was no need to have it any longer... Dan
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 01:45 PM

be careful about giving them your credit card info.....a few years ago they made me a 6 month $30.00 deal then after 6 months,used my credit card info to renew me for $175.00 a year...they are a bunch of crooks and i wish i had a choice but I still use them ....make them send me an invoice every 6 months and i mail them a check....
Posted By: Fourjs

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:32 PM

I’ve had it for several years. I listen more with the phone app than I listen in my truck. We’re camping right now and will listen for several hours during the day. I can use Bluetooth to play in my wife car. Working in the yard, etc.

It’s worth it to me.

Jimmy
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:36 PM

I’ve had 3 month promos with new co cars several times, I listened to it when it was free, but I just can’t bring myself to paying for it.

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
be careful about giving them your credit card info.....a few years ago they made me a 6 month $30.00 deal then after 6 months,used my credit card info to renew me for $175.00 a year...they are a bunch of crooks and i wish i had a choice but I still use them ....make them send me an invoice every 6 months and i mail them a check....

Or just read the service agreement that you agreed to.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:51 PM

Sirius XM has the worst customer service of any large company I know. They treat their customers like deadbeats who don't pay their bills. Even their emails are titled "account reconciliations".

They produce a bill, then within ten days of the date they produced the bill...not when you get it...they start sending threatening emails about needing payment to avoid disruption of service. I asked on the phone once what their terms are for payment...as in 30 days, etc...and was told payment is due immediately. I said, "Yeah, but you're not going to receive payment within seconds of creating an invoice, so how long do we have to pay before you consider the account delinquent?" I was told all accounts should be paid within ten days.

"Ten days? You seriously turn your accounts receivable within ten days". I was told yes, they do. I told the guy on the phone they should drop programming as a core business and teach other companies how to manage their A/R, because the standard has generally been about 30 days.

They also cut off my wife's service two weeks after we paid it. I then paid them over the phone for an entire year, only to get another "ACCOUNT RECONCILIATION -PAST DUE!" threatening email a couple of weeks later.
Posted By: Piper354

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:51 PM

I like Pandora Premium more than Sirius. Cheaper and able to get more custom playlist.I get it if you are in the sticks though.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I did it over the phone and there wasn't any service agreement to read nor did they tell me they were going to use my credit info and renew me after 6 months at a huge increase in price...do a google search and you will find several lawsuits against Sirius for questionable and /or illegal renewal practices...

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I did it over the phone and there wasn't any service agreement to read nor did they tell me they were going to use my credit info and renew me after 6 months at a huge increase in price...do a google search and you will find several lawsuits against Sirius for questionable and /or illegal renewal practices...

Every single time I've interacted with them they send an email.while I am still on the phone with them covering any changes etc. The service agreement is accessible there as well as on your online account. Takes less than 3seconds too on and look.

I've been a customer of theirs for years. I've never had an issue at all. They have my C/C # on file and have never just charged it without notice. I have zero complaints with them.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 04:08 PM

XM isn’t in the same hemisphere as Hughesnet for bad service.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 04:12 PM

I can think of something else that’s horrible in this country right now.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff

thumb If you want it buy it , I'm only in my pickup 3 hrs a week , maybe .

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff

TERRIBLE company to deal with, I would willfully wish to deal with a bad case of hemorrhoids first-

And least the hemorrhoids would improve over time-
Posted By: Flippy

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 10:13 PM

I don't like the service but my wife does so we keep it. I have never had any bad dealings with them on cancelling the service or getting them to reduce the rate. Also if you are paying full price you are overpaying just call them and threaten to cancel they will give you a better deal.
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 10:23 PM

When I disconnected the modem on my ride. To where there was no communication with a satellite. No OnStar.

For the first 6 months they sent letters saying my ride needed emergency repairs.

Then they sent letters bribing me with a year of free sat radio for three months. If only I'd take it to the dealership. Finally giving up on sending letters after the offer for free sat radio.

Have you tried disconnecting the modem? It's free sat radio. Just unplug it after the free trial.

Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/02/24 10:34 PM

A bunch of you would make great wives, biatch, biatch and biatch some more. But you always have your CD’s, cassette tapes and 8 tracks you could listen to instead. roflmao
Posted By: DanDaBald

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 01:43 AM

I play the game with them every end-of-contract. This time I succumbed to $7.89 / month all-in (vehicle and streaming over internet) for two years.)

Fair price to pay just to keep them from harassing me......
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 02:17 AM

Renewed Sirius this afternoon, did an online chat with some dude took about five minutes 6$ a month and was done.
Posted By: bassguitarman

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 05:07 AM

I've played their stupid cancellation game several times. The last time I just told them to screw it. After two months without the service, they sent an email offering $5/month for a two year period. I went ahead and renewed on that deal. The $5/month is the base charge - actually costs a little over $6/month.
Posted By: Quillback

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 09:24 AM

Sad what he became.

Stern is like any comedian that has ever lived, they have a few years where they are good, then they run out of material and become worthless.

I still have Sirius, mostly listen to classic rock and contemporary stuff. What has annoyed me is that the DJ's talk too much, and it's useless blather. STHU and play music.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Renewed Sirius this afternoon, did an online chat with some dude took about five minutes 6$ a month and was done.

My wife does this with Sirius I get to deal with Spectrum so we spread the joy. I like Sirius we have it in both vehicles plus on our phones and iPads, computer, and can play it thru our home stereo and bedroom Bose Wave with the phones or iPads and a cord. I only listed to music never talk radio mostly but not all Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Sirius XM is horrible - 05/03/24 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher

I don't drive a lot since I retired. I use it in the truck, boat, and garage on a Bluetooth speaker. I would just use Pandora but I don't get a phone signal at the deer lease. I really hate their new APP and need to call them to get the price reduced.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum