Texas Fishing Forum

Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer?

Posted By: R83steve

Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 01/31/23 08:13 PM

I’m interested to know if anyone has used this type of grease for their trailer, and how has it worked out?

Attached picture 1D345F16-EDED-4035-ACBB-032826FFE3AC.jpeg
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 01/31/23 08:52 PM

Works fine. When I can't get Royal Purple JT-6 is a good choice for wheel bearings, and motor grease zerks.
Posted By: GODSDOZER

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/01/23 12:45 AM

I Use it on my heavy equipment, bulldozers, excavators ect
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/01/23 12:55 AM

It’ll be fine for a normal trailer. I stick with a marine/boat trailer grease, which is typically a green or blue colored grease for boat trailers. When it comes to brand it doesn’t matter, I use supertech, just use something that matches the application.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/01/23 03:14 PM

I keep a few tubes and use it a lot.

good stuff
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/01/23 09:52 PM

We sell pallets of this stuff it is immensely popular in the equipment world, but Lucas red n tacky is better by spec and can handle higher temps.

What I use on my trailer is the Schaefer’s red, water just can’t get behind it handles pressure and heat like a boss.
Posted By: R83steve

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/05/23 10:04 PM

I took my drivers side trailer hub off yesterday, cleaned the old grease out, and repacked and replaced it with the Mystik. Then I took it for a 25 mile ride and when I got home the hub was cool.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 07/31/23 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by R83steve
I took my drivers side trailer hub off yesterday, cleaned the old grease out, and repacked and replaced it with the Mystik. Then I took it for a 25 mile ride and when I got home the hub was cool.

that is about the only grease you will see in the oilfield, for a reason.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 08/01/23 05:05 PM

Grease to me is just like any other lube oil type choice. If you grease your bearings frequently, you nor your trailer will ever know the difference between cheap store brand or the fancy stuff.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 08/22/23 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong

This^^^^^^^^

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 08/22/23 02:33 PM

I keep a thermal laser gun in my truck and check hubs after about the first 10 miles, you can also feel them and see which is getting hot or not.

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 08/23/23 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

Worked in the oilfield in the Permian Basin al my working life and this is the truth, Greased many valves and Ditch Witch with Mystic JT6
Posted By: Hogfan1

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 09/05/23 01:52 AM

Mystik is good stuff
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/14/24 03:51 AM

I use Mystik JT6 on everything but my wheel bearings...........on them I use Lucas marine grease only.Never had one problem with Lucas products,I also use about a pint of Lucas oil stabilizer in my lower unit when changed out annually.
Posted By: bluesman

Re: Has anyone anyone used Mystik grease on their trailer? - 02/21/24 08:42 PM

Probably good stuff, but for boat trailer bearings I will stick with marine grease. When you drop a trailer into the water the instant cooling causes them to contract and try to suck water into the bearing chamber. Marine grease is specifically designed to deal with water infiltration.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum