Texas Fishing Forum

I am trying to price tires on Discount website.

Posted By: gander

I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/03/24 07:16 PM

I am wanting to replace and go up one size for a Ford SD. I am finding a link for the factory size but not one or two sizes up. I did this on the Tundra I had and it was easy pricing on the web. I am wondering if they still will sell and mount an oversized tire. I do know the nearby Costco will not..any info is apreciated
Posted By: hopalong

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/03/24 09:46 PM

they will but it is a pain searching.

go do a size search for what you want but delete your truck first, it will revert to stock size if you don't.

got these (but factory size) doing the same, it wanted to only show highway tread.

was going to go a size larger but got pizzed off and bought factory, would not let me find a 9.5 or 10" rim either.

[Linked Image]

pre discount, they rock as far as I am concerned. 2 small non noticeable nicks in the paint of one of the rims got me a 200.00 discount, or a free rim. no complaints here.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/04/24 05:55 AM

Walmart.com put the tire size you want in and sort by category. They’ll ship to the house or to the store and put them on for about $20 a tire. You can usually find some dang good clearance deals.

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/04/24 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
they will but it is a pain searching.

go do a size search for what you want but delete your truck first, it will revert to stock size if you don't.

got these (but factory size) doing the same, it wanted to only show highway tread.

was going to go a size larger but got pizzed off and bought factory, would not let me find a 9.5 or 10" rim either.

[Linked Image]

pre discount, they rock as far as I am concerned. 2 small non noticeable nicks in the paint of one of the rims got me a 200.00 discount, or a free rim. no complaints here.

[Linked Image]
Thanks I may have to visit in person..truck looks great thumb

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/04/24 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Walmart.com put the tire size you want in and sort by category. They’ll ship to the house or to the store and put them on for about $20 a tire. You can usually find some dang good clearance deals.
That I never thought of. .Thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/04/24 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by gander

I have used wally world a couple of times, find another shop to mount them though.

you can also use them to cost compare with discount, they will match or beat it and you get the benefits of discount.

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/04/24 03:35 PM

I have used wally world a couple of times, find another shop to mount them though.

you can also use them to cost compare with discount, they will match or beat it and you get the benefits of discount.

Good info.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/05/24 12:56 AM

This is what I did last time around. Found a mom and pop shop to put them on so I didn’t have to wait all day. Installation shouldn’t cost more than $100. But I got a set of usually $350 a piece tires on clearance for less than $800.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/05/24 08:31 AM

Go on the website and say it has a 6" lift
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/05/24 03:39 PM

That website sucks. It would not load the tires I needed to purchase due to the parameters on my truck. I just called my branch and they ordered them for me. The guys I talked to hate the new site.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/05/24 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
That website sucks. It would not load the tires I needed to purchase due to the parameters on my truck. I just called my branch and they ordered them for me. The guys I talked to hate the new site.

I have not tried the new site. I never had a problem typing in the size I wanted. I remember one of the sites being more difficult then the other. I can't remember if it is the online ship to site or the one where you can pick a store. For a noobie to Discount websites it can be a little confusing to just search by tire size. I hate that Treadwell tool.

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/07/24 11:41 AM

I go to the website and shop by size
Posted By: patriot07

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 03/26/24 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP
I go to the website and shop by size

+1
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 04/25/24 03:25 AM

Just FYI Discount has and April special going now, if you order online $80 off
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 05/08/24 12:38 PM

Discount has always done me right. There is almost always some "discount" or manufacturer rebate promotion going on. The rebate part requires a little extra effort after the sale, but hey, it's free money. And dont be afraid to ask them up for "Bottom dollar" discount up front. Never pay listed price for tires. If your tires total $1200 bucks, ask them for free road hazard or ask them for $20-$25 off per tire. They will usually do it.

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 05/12/24 09:38 AM

Buy them on Black Friday sales
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 05/12/24 07:33 PM

If the computer doesn't say it, it doesn't exist, and can't be done. Schools nowadays don't teach logic, apparently. My '05 Tacoma came with horrible, skinny wheels, which I swapped out for alloy Mustang rims, at the first tire purchase. Now, every time I buy tires, I get a lecture about my wheels not being "hub-centric", and I'm endangering myself and others, and they might not warranty the tires. I ask the "expert" did he know all automotive wheels were "lug-centric" for over 80 years, and almost no one ever lost a properly torqued wheel? Blank stare. I'm glad I'm old. Twenty more years of this, and I would really croak. You now have to do your research ahead of a purchase, because the computer might not let them sell you what you want. Jeez! Find your tires and get them from someone with functioning brain cells. IslandJim

Re: I am trying to price tires on Discount website. - 05/13/24 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by IslandJim
If the computer doesn't say it, it doesn't exist, and can't be done. Schools nowadays don't teach logic, apparently. My '05 Tacoma came with horrible, skinny wheels, which I swapped out for alloy Mustang rims, at the first tire purchase. Now, every time I buy tires, I get a lecture about my wheels not being "hub-centric", and I'm endangering myself and others, and they might not warranty the tires. I ask the "expert" did he know all automotive wheels were "lug-centric" for over 80 years, and almost no one ever lost a properly torqued wheel? Blank stare. I'm glad I'm old. Twenty more years of this, and I would really croak. You now have to do your research ahead of a purchase, because the computer might not let them sell you what you want. Jeez! Find your tires and get them from someone with functioning brain cells. IslandJim

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum