Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Conroe Bluegills

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

Lake Conroe Bluegills - 02/20/24 11:32 PM

Is lake Conroe a good bluegill lake? I've heard some good things about it.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 02/21/24 12:30 AM

Never fished Conroe before but for what I have been told from some very reliable anglers, Conroe is a very good Bluegill Lake. Record Bluegill for Conroe is 1.41 pounds. thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 02/21/24 12:36 AM

Yes, There are lots of videos out there with guys catching them out of their kayaks during the spawn.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 02/25/24 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by J-Moe
Yes, There are lots of videos out there with guys catching them out of their kayaks during the spawn.

Plus #1.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 03/02/24 01:50 AM

Conroe is an excellent lake for bluegill. Really looking forward to locating the beds this year.
Posted By: Otis1

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 04/03/24 12:01 AM

Is the north end of the lake a good place to target the Bluegill?

Thanks, chuck

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 04/03/24 12:49 PM

Yes, Lots of people fish around Cagle.

Talked to a TPWD person once who told me that the southwestern corner of the lake produced large numbers of bluegill during the fish survey.
Posted By: Otis1

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 04/04/24 12:52 AM

J-Moe are you talking about the dam and Lakeveiw marina area. Thank you for your help.

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 04/04/24 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Otis1
J-Moe are you talking about the dam and Lakeveiw marina area. Thank you for your help.

Yes, that is the area TPWD was mentioning to me.
Posted By: RC Bait and Tackle

Re: Lake Conroe Bluegills - 05/02/24 07:45 PM

Lake Conroe in Texas is indeed a good bluegill lake! Here are some reasons why anglers enjoy fishing for bluegill in Lake Conroe:

Bluegill Size:
Lake Conroe bluegill can get quite big. Occasionally, anglers have been known to catch specimens reaching up to 12 inches in length.
These larger bluegill provide a rewarding fishing experience for those who target them.

Habitat and Cover:
Bluegill fishing is often successful along riprap, around weed beds, and near other types of cover.
The lake’s diverse habitats, including docks, boat houses, and bulkheads, offer plenty of opportunities to find bluegill

Bait Options:
Anglers can use various baits for bluegill, including live worms, nightcrawlers, and even crickets

So, if you’re looking for a spot to catch bluegill, Lake Conroe is definitely worth considering!

Richland Chambers Bait and Tackle
9866 US 287
Corsicana, TX 75109
903-257-8566
rcbtpos@rcbaitandtackle.com
Facebook.com/rcbaitandtackle
Richlandchambersbaitandtackle.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum