Texas Fishing Forum

Colorado Bend

Posted By: dbones

Colorado Bend - 02/27/24 03:28 AM

Any news or predictions on the Bend this yr? Haven’t been in about 5 yrs or so. [censored] maybe 7. Sure thinking of heading back with my magic jigs.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Colorado Bend - 02/27/24 02:09 PM

The lake is lower than last year at this time. Last year the ramp was out of the water, I managed to catch a few around the park,very few like 2 or 3. but most people that caught fish were walking about a half mile down from the ramp and fishing in the mud. I'll be there during spring break.

Re: Colorado Bend - 02/27/24 06:29 PM

Wow, that low? Have seen it very low where it was ankle deep up by the rapids and fish still made their way up. Guess I might make a day trip just to see it.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Colorado Bend - 02/27/24 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by dbones
Wow, that low? Have seen it very low where it was ankle deep up by the rapids and fish still made their way up. Guess I might make a day trip just to see it.

https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/buchanan

Always worth a try but on the central tx whitebass fb group reports are nada so far. I'll still give it a go myself and I'd rather try to catch a few in ankle deep water on the fly than knee deep mud lol

Re: Colorado Bend - 03/04/24 08:08 PM

I called the office and they don’t expect them this yr. Said sandbar between there and the lake and they can’t get up there…..
Posted By: TexasATC

Re: Colorado Bend - 03/13/24 05:06 PM

Anyone have an update around Bend and the state park?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Colorado Bend - 03/13/24 06:25 PM

No water at the park last I heard. Gonna have to walk a ways to find water. Without current the run will be small if any
Posted By: TexasATC

Re: Colorado Bend - 03/13/24 07:50 PM

Ok, thanks for the info
Posted By: LastCastPodcast

Re: Colorado Bend - 04/01/24 06:18 PM

We tried Colorado Bend this weekend. The current was fairly strong, but zero white bass. Not even LMBs or freshwater drum.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum