Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z

Posted By: Dennis Christian

Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/07/24 01:05 AM

We launched about 9 AM at Rabbit Cove, which was protected, because surprisingly, the wind was up and big waves were coming into 2 Mile. We hit the waves when we emerged from Rabbit Cove and gingerly made our way to the east side. We checked the bridge, GPS, Cloud North and South, and Sun North finding no fish. We checked Sun South and boom - there they were big time on the bottom in 25 fow. We started catching hybrids and big whites. Three of the hybrids were legal. When our sandy count got to 75 we left to see where else we could find fish, and it was Tallman. When the sandy count got to 100 we went looking again and found them on one of the humps just east of the Propeller. We were catching when Ed got a call from his TM repairman, so I took them back to the dock. I dropped them off and went back out. First to the bridge and the birds were working fish off and on. I caught about 20 then went to check some of my favorite spots. Didn't find any more on structure but did run into birds working over fish in 37 fow. I caught several sandies and 4 legal hybrids before heading in.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gborg

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/07/24 01:24 PM

Tawakoni is a great fishery. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/07/24 01:35 PM

coolphotos... thumb
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/07/24 09:42 PM

Great trip Dennis๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. What is it like unloading at Rabbit Cove and does it have a courtesy dock?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/08/24 01:58 AM

Good times and some lifetime memories. Good job. thumb

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/08/24 04:47 AM

Gene, it does not have a courtesy dock. It is also private. I was only able to launch there because Ed has a slip there, and he was with me.
Posted By: 4x4

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/08/24 03:39 PM

Hey Dennis , great report , what was the main bait you were using for all your fish . Thanks for sharing all the good times

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/09/24 05:44 AM

A BoBlade
Posted By: 4x4

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/09/24 02:03 PM

Thanks Dennis , lol on Lake Whitney
Posted By: Filletmaker

Re: Tawakoni Friday with etu Ed and son Z - 04/15/24 04:16 PM

Great Report Dennis and you had good company. We had a great trip last Friday as well. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum