Texas Fishing Forum

Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/05/24 10:16 PM

Caught this 15 inch even Rainbow Trout while carp fishing this morning at Millers Pond. The fish hit on corn. Caught two other trout 14 and 14.25 inches in length. Did not catch one carp in the five hours I fished. The 15" trout was released. Paper work will be sent to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. for the Millers Pond Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record. Catching a Record Rainbow Trout . It just don't get any better. fish

[Linked Image]
Posted By: B-Sal

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/06/24 03:53 AM

Beautiful trout sir.

Out of curiosity though may I ask why you did not harvest the trout? Those trout will not hold over in the ponds around town. They are stocked in the ponds as a way for the community to get outdoors and fish and harvest them because once the water warms up they will die off.

None the less still a great fish and congrats.

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/06/24 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by B-Sal
Beautiful trout sir.

Out of curiosity though may I ask why you did not harvest the trout? Those trout will not hold over in the ponds around town. They are stocked in the ponds as a way for the community to get outdoors and fish and harvest them because once the water warms up they will die off.

None the less still a great fish and congrats.

It is a very rare occasion for me to catch a trout 15" or longer. I have harvested many of trout over the years and have plenty. I have also released many of trout under 15 inches and fish with a lot of anglers who release all of their trout they catch. They simply catch & release. Yes you are 100 percent right that just about all of the trout stocked will die off, usually by the end of March. I personally have caught stocked trout in early April. I simply chose a catch & release record and let the fish live a little longer. If no one else catches it maybe other fish in that pond will feed off of it. The only stock trout that have a chance to survive all year are the ones stocked at the Canyon Trial Race, and in the Trophy Zone of the Guadalupe River. thumb

Side Note: Thank you for your reply! cheers

Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/06/24 04:58 PM

Great Catch Chuck thumb

Glad you have the trout season to fill the gap until the sunfish bite gets going. You sure seem to be enjoying it.

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/08/24 02:56 AM

Thanks Jamie. Had a blast catching some nice trout and taking trips to small towns across Texas where some trout stockings took place. Met a lot of very nice people and fished some very nice waters. cheers
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/16/24 02:37 PM

Awesome!

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/24/24 01:50 PM

Thanks Paparon for the reply! thumb
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 03/24/24 02:22 PM

coolphotos Congrats on yet another record. I'm sure there was plenty Paparazzi out there watching... roflmao

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/02/24 12:20 AM

Thanks GTrigg for the reply! thumb

Side Note: You can find the Paparazzi following Jamie aka J-Moe and Barry, aka Osborne Fishing. Both of these guys are "Fish Catching Machines"! flehan

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/04/24 01:07 AM

It's Official!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/04/24 12:32 PM

thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/04/24 08:50 PM

Congratulations Chuck clap

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/10/24 02:30 AM

Thanks GTrigg and Leo for the replies. cheers
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/13/24 10:21 AM

That’s cool! thumb

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/21/24 08:54 PM

Thanks Slick Rick '06 for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 04/28/24 04:50 PM

Nice fish Chuck and congratulations on two more of your many, many, many, fishing records. I know you will not answer my question, but it's worth a try asking again. How many records to you have?

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 05/01/24 10:05 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers

Side Note: As for how many records. juggle
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 05/05/24 04:49 PM

cheerCongratulations! cheer
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 05/05/24 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
It's Official!

[Linked Image]

Congratulations Chuck! No telling how many records you have! flehan

Side Note: This was a great stocking season for sure. Plenty of good quality fish were stocked. Hopefully we get the same next stocking season! rockon

Re: Catch & Release Rainbow Trout Record! - 05/06/24 02:15 PM

Thanks Yesenia and Curtis for the replies. cheers Curtis: Yes Sir there were plenty of good quality fish stocked this stocking season, and yes I hope the quality of fish is the same if not better this upcoming season. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum