Texas Fishing Forum

Guide Recommendation Surfside Area

Posted By: Dub32

Guide Recommendation Surfside Area - 04/26/24 07:39 PM

Looking to book a nearshore trip August 2nd or 3rd. We will be staying in Surfside area, however willing to travel to the launch area within an hour or so. Unique part is, I am looking for a late afternoon into evening trip, 4-6 hours. This trip would be for 4 adults also. Perfect trip would be a combo fishing and flounder gigging trip if that is available from anyone. I could not find anyone offering this. Any guide services that can accommodate or if you know someone to reach out to, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards, David
Posted By: BNagel

Re: Guide Recommendation Surfside Area - 04/28/24 07:27 PM

Captain Ken Gartman took us to West Matagorda Bay last year. https://www.instagram.com/goodtimeguideco/
He lives near enough to Freeport -- his mom and my wife were in the same quilt guild when we lived in Clute.
Posted By: Dub32

Re: Guide Recommendation Surfside Area - 04/29/24 08:23 PM

Thanks for the recommendation, sir. I will check him out.
Posted By: BNagel

Re: Guide Recommendation Surfside Area - 05/02/24 06:10 AM

Pamela is at a quilt retreat with Captain Ken's mom. Windy conditions have been tearing up the bays and his business, so he is open to more opportunities. Be sure to ask about the boat if you are going on the Gulf side of things (not just bays and intercoastal waters.)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum