Texas Fishing Forum

Paleo diet

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Paleo diet - 04/07/24 05:18 PM

I need a change. Think I'm going to give this a go and see if I can get off this plateau. Thoughts?
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Paleo diet - 04/08/24 01:49 AM

I lost 35 pounds on it in 2015-but it all- well most of it- came back. Then did Keto and lost 25 pounds but most it of came back also. To me the diets were easier than the days post diet. I missed potatos for example and that turned into cravings. I guess anything with weight loss is tough. Good luck if you try it!
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: Paleo diet - 04/08/24 01:16 PM

I believe plenty of water is the key
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Paleo diet - 04/11/24 11:39 AM

Stay hydrated and walk everyday. Consistency is the key.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Paleo diet - 04/11/24 08:29 PM

The problem with any restrictive diet is that people tend to go right back to their same old habits once they hit their targets, and end up in the same shape or even worse than they were before.

Try to shift your focus from a diet mentality to more of a lifestyle change. Get yourself into the habit of regular sleep and meal times, and cut out sugary snacks. Get yourself out of the habit stuffing yourself at meals. Eat until you are comfortable, put your fork down and pack up the remainder of your plate for a leftover meal. Get yourself into the habit of regular exercise.

Not bashing the Paleo diet here... just make sure you set yourself up to make it last.

Re: Paleo diet - 04/16/24 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
The problem with any restrictive diet is that people tend to go right back to their same old habits once they hit their targets, and end up in the same shape or even worse than they were before.

Try to shift your focus from a diet mentality to more of a lifestyle change. Get yourself into the habit of regular sleep and meal times, and cut out sugary snacks. Get yourself out of the habit stuffing yourself at meals. Eat until you are comfortable, put your fork down and pack up the remainder of your plate for a leftover meal. Get yourself into the habit of regular exercise.

Not bashing the Paleo diet here... just make sure you set yourself up to make it last.

that's pretty much what I do now, but my body is fighting back. guess, I'll do induction again and see if I can restart the loosing.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Paleo diet - 04/17/24 12:10 PM

I’ve lost 35 lbs and kept it off. It was a lifestyle change that I have maintained. I do pretty much the same thing every week. I have an app where I count calories and keep it under 1750 per day Sunday thru Thursday. I walk 3+ miles every other day. It takes about 45 mins. I work out for an hour 3 days a week. I have cutout fried & fast food for the most part. I was 212lbs when I had my heart attack in 2017. Now I stay between 175-180.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Paleo diet - 05/06/24 03:22 PM

I've hit a plateau as well Bob. Started off Jan 1 at 245 lbs. Lost 4 lbs on a ski trip in January. Then went on Optavia (don't do it). Lost 10 more lbs but it's just an awful plan. Then went on weight watchers. I've lost 16 lbs on 1.5 months of weight watchers so I'm down to 215 now. My goal is 190 lbs.

Ted - that's great work to keep that amount of weight loss maintained.

Re: Paleo diet - 05/13/24 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by patriot07
I've hit a plateau as well Bob. Started off Jan 1 at 245 lbs. Lost 4 lbs on a ski trip in January. Then went on Optavia (don't do it). Lost 10 more lbs but it's just an awful plan. Then went on weight watchers. I've lost 16 lbs on 1.5 months of weight watchers so I'm down to 215 now. My goal is 190 lbs.

Ted - that's great work to keep that amount of weight loss maintained.

doctor offered me the shots. I turned him down. went back on induction and am loosing again.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Paleo diet - 05/15/24 01:51 PM

Hey Bob, do you do any weightlifting? Maybe incorporating some new exercises into your life (weightlifting or anything else) could help push that progress further?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum