Last edited by slabnshad; 10/04/07 06:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Dennis
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: XYZ] #1647347 10/04/07 07:25 PM
Mike Andrews Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: XYZ
Originally Posted By: TxBuddha
Bryon I really hate to hear that, I was just in Academy at lunch and was about to grab a handful of slabs and I stopped and thought "No, I'll give Bryon an order". Having said that I totally understand, I gave up part time jobs awhile back so I could spend more time with my family and get in a little more fishin' too. Good luck and I'm sure the sandbass, hybrids, and stripers are breathin' a big 'ole sigh of relief!

Man TxB I guess those 180's I gave you got you hooked, he he he

Naw, I was already hooked and just got another fix from TNT this last week. Be nice and I'll give you one wink

Last edited by TxBuddha; 10/04/07 07:26 PM.
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: Mike Andrews] #1647393 10/04/07 07:45 PM
Matthew Carroll Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Thanks for a great product...
It has been a real pleasure to be associated with you...
I promise to keep in touch, as the best thing to come out of this for me is a friendship that I will cherish...
Good luck my friend...
Tell the Mrs. and daughter hello from JIGUM JIGS....
Matthew

Member Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff
2015 CAT DIVISION 2 STATE CHAMPION
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: Mike Andrews] #1647395 10/04/07 07:46 PM
C
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
ok this is a disaster...just kidding. we all stuggle to balance the grind of life. IDEA! maybe people could offer time for time. ex someone takes you fishing and gets paid in slabs? i'm half joking but....

Lake Texoma Striper Guide Chris Carey

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service] #1647405 10/04/07 07:48 PM
C
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
25lb mono for TNT slab rods...hehe

Lake Texoma Striper Guide Chris Carey

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service] #1647420 10/04/07 07:55 PM
Bartemus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Thanks Bryon. You made a really good product. Mark Twain once said, "I've always been satisfied with quality". Bart

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: JD Lyle] #1647747 10/04/07 10:19 PM
P
PiePuncher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Dude, if you quit selling, people might start to actually believe that slabs like the Beast and the Potlicker actually catch fish.....lol bolt

Last edited by PiePuncher; 10/04/07 10:19 PM.

OK Prowler
OK Drifter
Perception Pescador
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: PiePuncher] #1647767 10/04/07 10:36 PM
don the angler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Byron, Good luck to you. I have often wondered how you do it. It is time consuming. More than likely you have burned the midnight oil many times trying to fill an order. I make them for my own use and I think XYZ is correct. They would have to sell for $4.00 each to make it worth while. There is a certain satisfaction from reeling in a fish that hit a home made lure.

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: don the angler] #1649670 10/05/07 07:46 PM
Slabman ‘180’ Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Thanks guys for the responses and emails. DTA brought up a couple good points, the satisfaction that comes from making a bait and catching fish is really a neat thing. But when you have gone at it the last 3-4 years and watch it evolve knowing that your lures are responsible for thousands of fish caught a year is pretty cool as well.

Like I said there will be a time that I sell them on the forum again, more than likely it will be around Mar-May time frame of 2008. Cause there really is no way I can totally stop making them, I have way to many supplies and cool tools that I have purchased over the last few years to make it a little easier. I like to do it to get away from the day job. But when it starts to consume to much time when filling orders it is no fun. I can sit down and knock out say 100 lures pretty fast,but when I go off an order it doesnt work near as fast. So as the fall and winter/holidays comes up I will enjoy a nice break and when it is too cold to do anything else I will make some baits,but you can pretty much bet that come next year Mar-May there will be some for sale first come first serve. The types will be limited /sizes and colors as well. Will probably have them in lots of dozen per type,etc type deal. Looks like I have a market for $4 slabs so might have to think about that,lol. I already have roughly 2-3thousand poured just need the finishing, plus I have already outsourced some more TNT180 1oz baits to be poured and will actually have them powder coated, so if you think the finish was tough before, these will be basically indestructible. So I wont just go totally away, but I see me becoming the fella that just sells them at one whack then no more till next year kinda deal(leaving me most of my spring/summer and fall to do as I please). I think it will work, but then again I have yet to have a slab spoil on me yet so will see.

Funny you brought up midnight oil DTA, I have burned more than my fair share of that, plus you should see me on my lunch break from my real job, grab something quick and package baits,etc. I think that when a guy orders something it should be ready to ship, and there should be outta your hands in less than 24 hours. But the reality is the way I am doing it now is impossible. So it will all be simplified and be done the way it works best for me.

Thanks again for your kind words to me and my family. We will enjoy the break/and I am gonna love the fishing! Tight lines to all.

US Army Vet, Maker of “TNT 180 Slabsâ€
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: Slabman ‘180’] #1649715 10/05/07 08:15 PM
don the angler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Byron,
Why don't you just make a batch of lures at your leasure. Then put them up for sale. There would not be any presure to make and ship them in a short time. Just sell those and no more. Take a breather and do it again. That may ease the presure some.
Don

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: don the angler] #1651691 10/07/07 01:50 AM
B
BOSTON BOB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Bryon,

While I hate to hear you are stopping, I can understand your reasoning. Your baits have always been my "go-to's". I guess I'll have to find others. Good luck with the fishing. If you ever get to the DFW area, give me a shout. Your welcome on my boat anytime.

Bob
Sand Bassin' Guide Service
www.sandbassguide.com
www.flies-by-night.com
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: don the angler] #1652595 10/07/07 10:36 PM
HalDodd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Master Jedi, i will tell you I would pay $4 plus shipping anyday for your lures. Think supply and demand!

Raise the price, take the orders and make the baits you make.

If a person is not so successful and they can buy a bait that will help them then 4 or 5 bucks is no big deal.

Forget the wholesale pricing you have had in the past and make it worth it to you. Nobody will be mad because of your rate hike.

Supply and demand X what is it worth to you!

I love TNT!

Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: HalDodd] #1652988 10/08/07 01:17 AM
Slabman ‘180’ Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: HalDodd
Master Jedi, i will tell you I would pay $4 plus shipping anyday for your lures. Think supply and demand!

If a person is not so successful and they can buy a bait that will help them then 4 or 5 bucks is no big deal.

Forget the wholesale pricing you have had in the past and make it worth it to you. Nobody will be mad because of your rate hike.

I love TNT!
You know HD, Your only the 4th person in the last few days to tell me the same thing. You can best believe there will be an increase on the rebound of this deal. I use to try and gauge my slabs to the competition's price. When I get stock piled come next spring, I can tell ya I could really care less about what the competition does price wise,etc. The baits will probably costs more,but the supply will definately be limited. This cat justs needs a nice long break.

US Army Vet, Maker of “TNT 180 Slabsâ€
Re: Well, Here I am again! [Re: Slabman ‘180’] #1653446 10/08/07 12:41 PM
J
Jeff Schiller Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: justgettingby
Originally Posted By: HalDodd

I love TNT!
You know HD, Your only the 4th person in the last few days to tell me the same thing. You can best believe there will be an increase on the rebound of this deal. I use to try and gauge my slabs to the competition's price. When I get stock piled come next spring, I can tell ya I could really care less about what the competition does price wise,etc. The baits will probably costs more,but the supply will definately be limited. This cat justs needs a nice long break.

Right now, since I'm almost out, I'd be willing to pay a $6.00 a bait. However, I may not be able to. bang laugh

What folks have to remember is that these baits are indestructible. If you don't lose them, you will only have to change out the hooks on them every once in a while because those wear out - but the bait will look good as new.
That makes them worth way more than the competition is selling theres for.

Supply & Demand & durability = big $$$. I don't think you'll have any problems (in the future) getting whatever you ask for your baits.

Now..I gotta go find all those baits that I've broken the hooks off of and start replacing hooks. Happened again yesterday. Tried to get the hook out of a fish and one of the barbs on the treble snapped right off. Kept fishing with the bait with only two hooks on the treble. It kept catching fish too. thumb

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide