Forums59
Topics1,039,753
Posts13,969,895
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056632 04/25/24 09:34 PM
U
uncle_bagster Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
U
Update: Ryan released on bail but must remain on islands:

https://www.koco.com/article/oklaho...ia-watson-charges-bullets-found/60597080

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: beartrap] #15056635 04/25/24 09:37 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by beartrap
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Allison1
He made a big mistake and I would bet money he won't spend time or be convicted.

I hope the state department has become involved in it.

Yes you are correct…he made a HUGE mistake. But, to expect our government to bail him out is disgraceful. It isn’t our government’s responsibility, nor the responsibility of the people of the United States to bail him out. He made the mistake, let him foot his own bill and pay for his mistake. It is unfortunate, but fair.

What would you perspective be if it were the other way around. Someone comes to your town, from another country and commits a crime here, one that is a felony and has 12 years jail time, then his country comes and says,” sorry for your inconvenience, but he didn’t know your laws…we are gonna take him home where he knows the rules”.

The best thing a person can do is not get themselves into this kinda stuff when going to a foreign country.

respectfully disagree.....there is big difference between smuggling ammunition into a country and a forgotten or overlooked shell in a backpack....one is a crime,other is a mistake and to put someone in jail 12 years for a mistake cannot be justified....and....that's one of the reasons we have diplomats and ambassadors ..is to assist citizens of this country in their dealings or visits to other countries...

Fully agree.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15056650 04/25/24 09:49 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
He made a big mistake and I would bet money he won't spend time or be convicted.

Yes you are correct…he made a HUGE mistake. But, to expect our government to bail him out is disgraceful. It isn’t our government’s responsibility, nor the responsibility of the people of the United States to bail him out. He made the mistake, let him foot his own bill and pay for his mistake. It is unfortunate, but fair.

What would you perspective be if it were the other way around. Someone comes to your town, from another country and commits a crime here, one that is a felony and has 12 years jail time, then his country comes and says,” sorry for your inconvenience, but he didn’t know your laws…we are gonna take him home where he knows the rules”.

The best thing a person can do is not get themselves into this kinda stuff when going to a foreign country.

He should change his name to Brittany

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056671 04/25/24 09:59 PM
T
Techfisher Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Having traveled a lot for my job at HP years ago you made a point of checking every bit of your luggage for ANYTHING that might be a problem in a foreign country. We all knew that every country we went to had different laws and we sure as he** didn't want to wind up in a foreign jail. The guy was careless...period. Probably thought..."I'm an American...nothing is gonna happen to me". Saw and heard that attitude more times than I could count when traveling overseas. Learned the rules of foreign travel from my boss who was a former State dept. overseas attache. Sorry the guy is in trouble and I hope he makes it home and learns this lesson well. Hopefully the embassy or consulate there can help him out of this situation.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: TPACK] #15057337 04/26/24 03:58 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by TPACK
Originally Posted by Canino
The worst part is that TSA didn't catch it on the outbound flight.

Maybe someone did find it and though F him, knowing that he would be screwed if someone found it on his return flight. confused 3

TSA are boneheads(so am I in this story nuts). I was traveling to NYC last november and I had box of rounds in a backpack pocket I had forgot to check that I had used several weeks prior on a hunting trip. They questioned me about it and I told them I didn't have any ammo. When they pulled it out, I explained that I missed that pouch when I was emptying the back, and he proceeded to tell me I could take it carry on since it was under 50 rounds. I said no thanks, throw it in the garbage...

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #15057354 04/26/24 04:17 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

To clarify I didn't say that anyone should be bailed out. They should give him legal counsel on the issue and press the issue to the country.
As for myself, I am less likely to do stuff like that because I am cautious.
My brother has gotten in trouble with the law for drugs a couple times in his life and even though he is past that, I hope, I don't even like him riding with me, thinking a seed or a single pill could involve me.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Allison1] #15057363 04/26/24 04:21 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

To clarify I didn't say that anyone should be bailed out. They should give him legal counsel on the issue and press the issue to the country.
As for myself, I am less likely to do stuff like that because I am cautious.
My brother has gotten in trouble with the law for drugs a couple times in his life and even though he is past that, I hope, I don't even like him riding with me, thinking a seed or a single pill could involve me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide