TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Darin S.
Originally Posted by RayBob
Deuce is still on the roster

Will he see the field this year? It really doesn’t matter bc McCarthy will never commit to running the ball so it doesn’t matter who you have. I see more of the same…Cows won’t be able to run the ball or stop the run against good teams imo

McCarthy has never run the ball, even when he had Rodgers.

He had a HOF QB carry him to one super bowl. Other than that, he hasn't really won anything meaningful. His team came completely unprepared to 3 games last year (SF, Buffalo, GB). He's supposedly any offensive coach but couldn't win games against SF the two years before when the defense held them to 23 and 19. He's the Dak of HCs.

Make up your mind, is McCarthy or Dak the problem ? How many coaches have won a SB without a hall of fame QB ? Just curious as I have no idea, And now Zeke is back, go ahead and let us know how bad that contract was lol.

Jerry is the problem.

Dak and McCarthy are symptoms.

I've said this since the beginning.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15059482 04/29/24 01:50 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

kinda my point the Patriots made it happen Peyton didn't one has 6 SB wins one has one. HMMM I am betting the Patriots did a better job of it then Peyton did.

Perhaps Brady was just a better QB and the Patriots just had better teams.

the cowboys other than the quarterback and coaches are a better team than most of the teams the Patriots won the SB"s with.

you missed my point the patriots did things differently as Josh stated in the article. You can believe it or not but it's his view of what made the patriots better through those years.

TB is one of if not the best quarterback to ever play in the NFL. I am just going on a limb here maybe part of it is learning how to be a great coach from Josh, Bill and the other coaches. He learn what it takes to win SB's. He got sides ways with Bill when Bill started decided to look for another star quarterback. Tom looked around to what he could find closes to the Patriots and it was the Tampa team who had a great offensive minded coach, he took his tight end with him, great receivers, and a really good defense. They only needed a quarterback to Win and he with 20 years experience of winning and winning SB's. They win one there and lose the other. The Tampa team was just the Patriots with a better offensive minded coach instead of a defensive minded coach.
I don't think BB or TB are HOF worthy without the other. TB learned a lot from those guys that made him great. He wasn’t self made, but he took what he was taught and did more with it than any other quarterback in the history of the NFL. just my .02 and yes I am a fan of JM and TB

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 04/29/24 01:51 PM.
Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: BassFever] #15059499 04/29/24 02:03 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by BassFever

Will he see the field this year? It really doesn’t matter bc McCarthy will never commit to running the ball so it doesn’t matter who you have. I see more of the same…Cows won’t be able to run the ball or stop the run against good teams imo

I really wanted him to do well but from what I saw last year he won't cut it in the NFL. He seemed to get knocked down very easily and didn't seem to get my yards after first contact.

Agreed that he really didn't show NFL talent. He flashed in preseason but once he played against NFL starters he couldn't perform.

Maybe he got stronger and can be a situational player and perform. If not he is a draft bust.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: Mark Perry] #15059503 04/29/24 02:05 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by WAWI
How is it that the patriots and chiefs are being discussed on a cowboy thread. It's not apples and oranges it's more like apples and a big pile of [censored]

Non Cowboys fans keep bringing them up. popcorn

thumb

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Cowboys will Draft who? [Re: RayBob] #15059511 04/29/24 02:12 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by BassFever

I really wanted him to do well but from what I saw last year he won't cut it in the NFL. He seemed to get knocked down very easily and didn't seem to get my yards after first contact.

Agreed that he really didn't show NFL talent. He flashed in preseason but once he played against NFL starters he couldn't perform.

Maybe he got stronger and can be a situational player and perform. If not he is a draft bust.

None of the RBs last year had a hole to run in. McCarthy has never had a run game in any of his time in the NFL. Him calling the offense instead of Kellen Moore was great for Dak, but terrible for the RBs. I think Zeke is gonna run for about 500 yards this year. But if he's the starter, that pretty much means we're abandoning any attempt to run the ball as a weapon. It's a pass-game only approach this year.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide