Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15071640 05/13/24 01:42 PM
CanCatchEm77 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
I have been down every avenue suggested. I contacted TDI and they told me the insurance has no obligation to pay for the repair again since they already paid for it to be repaired. I contacted an Attorney and he said it wouldn’t be worth paying the cost of legal fees to just end up with a judgment in the end. For everyone asking, the amount of the original repair was $9395.73. So I feel like as everyone else has stated, the hull is 18 years old so 10k is probably all its worth. I’m just going to take my loss and move on. Definitely a hard lesson learned. Thank you to everyone who viewed/commented, all opinions are appreciated.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15071657 05/13/24 02:10 PM
D
Dale Gribble Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted by CanCatchEm77
I have been down every avenue suggested. I contacted TDI and they told me the insurance has no obligation to pay for the repair again since they already paid for it to be repaired. I contacted an Attorney and he said it wouldn’t be worth paying the cost of legal fees to just end up with a judgment in the end. For everyone asking, the amount of the original repair was $9395.73. So I feel like as everyone else has stated, the hull is 18 years old so 10k is probably all its worth. I’m just going to take my loss and move on. Definitely a hard lesson learned. Thank you to everyone who viewed/commented, all opinions are appreciated.

sad for you, you are a much bigger man than I am. That guy needs some concrete shoes

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15071668 05/13/24 02:18 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
sorry for your loss….thanks for letting us know….

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15071703 05/13/24 02:46 PM
split cane rod Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Sorry to hear this. TDI used to be an advocate for the consumer. I know people that were wronged by an insurance company, and they stepped in and made them re-do the repair. It was quite a while back, and the repair was done on a vehicle and very obviously shoddy work.

Someone here suggested parking the boat across the street… There’s the internet, too. You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I personally have experience with that avenue. My wife bought a used vehicle from a dealership that she had a long history of doing business with, and they sold us a car that had been wrecked and not fixed properly. The BBB jumped in and called the manager. He was calling me the next morning telling me to bring the car back for a full refund. My credit union also pulled back their payment. The manager got into some pretty hot water with the dealership owner, too.

Nowadays, though, you have to be careful because the repair shop owner could come back and sue you for slander!

JR

Split Cane Rod
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: split cane rod] #15071959 05/13/24 08:09 PM
herbsteiner Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by split cane rod

Sorry to hear this. TDI used to be an advocate for the consumer. I know people that were wronged by an insurance company, and they stepped in and made them re-do the repair. It was quite a while back, and the repair was done on a vehicle and very obviously shoddy work.

Someone here suggested parking the boat across the street… There’s the internet, too. You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I personally have experience with that avenue. My wife bought a used vehicle from a dealership that she had a long history of doing business with, and they sold us a car that had been wrecked and not fixed properly. The BBB jumped in and called the manager. He was calling me the next morning telling me to bring the car back for a full refund. My credit union also pulled back their payment. The manager got into some pretty hot water with the dealership owner, too.

Nowadays, though, you have to be careful because the repair shop owner could come back and sue you for slander!

JR

What JR said in his last sentence. Vengeance is a very dangerous path to follow, so choose your battles wisely. Just lick your wounds and sell the motor and electronics off the boat, and buy something else. I'd consider the episode an open door to your next fun-filled fishing adventure. smile

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide