Forums59
Topics1,041,280
Posts13,997,213
Members144,251
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377267 05/26/22 12:55 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Haha. The graduation was an 8 year hole in my wallet. I promised I quit calling him meathead. I had no idea he had a 4.0 GPA over 8 years. He can’t put gas in his car. I figured he must just be taking the same classes over and over. Trying to pass! roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377268 05/26/22 12:56 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by outdoor-addict
In general terms.....Look at how the 20-somethings are raising this generation, looking backward at each generation before may show how Kids are raised has deteriorated sequentially.

Lack of strong parental influence, lost values........today's choices of entertainment (violent video games, social media, musical lyrics, etc.)

"Reap what you sow", a lot of bad genetics at play too.

This is a large piece of the pie. There are more influences. The serious problem is the true number of influences and compounding problems that create these “perfect storms” of idiots. It isn’t one thing, nor is one thing going to significantly help. It’s a culmination of several issues with as many actions that need to be taken to curb them. It’s also generational in influence, so anything that could or would help will take many years to bring the results.

Society as a whole IS THE ISSUE. it isn’t a gun problem. It’s trigger puller problem.

Ok but how do you fix that in real life? Nobody disagrees that this is the problem, but how do you fix this in a way that saves lives? Realistic, implementable actions

I truly have no idea. I build cars and fish. I don’t know the answers. I can, however, spot problems and analyze statistical data to see common issues. I know that if you take a gun from someone that commits to killing, they’ll use a car, truck, knife, bomb, etc. The weapon is a vehicle that the killer drives to their destination.

As for my society comment. The world we live in has made instant gratification a drug. The shooter at the school was using social media to predict and validate his moves yesterday. He was announcing what he was doing, as he was doing it. Instant gratification. This world has taught everyone that everyone is equal and deserving of the exact same achievements. It simply isn’t true. There cannot be equality. There is always gonna be different results in life that are simply not repeatable across the board.
When someone feels that they deserve equality, but fail to achieve it…it’s always someone else’s fault. This drives anger.

I don’t know the answers. I am not sure there is an answer.

I never thought to shoot up a school when I was a kid. Ever. I wanted to play “war” with my friends because that was what I saw on TV. I wasn’t influenced by social media. It really didn’t exist. If I wanted to be looked at as a winner…I had to win. I don’t know what kids go through nowadays. I do know for a fact that the internet is a world they live in.

At my sons college graduation a few weeks ago. I learned how REAL the internet is to them. My son has a GF…they don’t go out much. They just kinda hang out. I know (thought) he had no friends… it like I would call friends anyways.
At his ceremony, he was salutatorian. He texted me from the back stage and said “I’m going second across the stage”. I said “why..I thought it was alphabetical order “. He said “it is…I don’t know why I’m second”. When he crossed the stage the crowd erupted with “NERD!! And tons of cheering and whistles”. He looks like a duck dynasty cast member. Long haired bearded goofball. He had 100’s of friends that knew him. Solely from the internet. I thought he was a hermit. The internet is his world and where he will work and socially gather.

I don’t know the internet world. I visit a couple fishing sites and a few car building sites. That’s about it. The world to me is pulling a boat and interacting with other guys and fishing. We handle our confrontations with swift immediate actions. Then, maybe drink a beer, or whatever. I don’t know what kids do when their internet world collapse on them. They can’t fight it out. They can only implore that they are right…or not deserving of the ridicule, or whatever. I’d guess that the internet has more emotional consequences than my “real world” deals to me.

I think social media is the root causes of the changes in young peoples tendencies to act out violently in a very over the top irrational way. The real world “ain’t real” to them. Or so it seems.

I don’t know. I’m just rambling

really good ramble and spot on

I believe putting the bible back into the school and teach why you should want to live this way. I guess till we get the youth retrained to how we were trained, we use some of the other ideas of using ex military men and women to stop these predators
The liberals have spent 40 years training our kids to this BS and we won't fix it overnight

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 05/26/22 12:57 AM.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377270 05/26/22 01:01 AM
W
Whizbang Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
In general terms.....Look at how the 20-somethings are raising this generation, looking backward at each generation before may show how Kids are raised has deteriorated sequentially.

Lack of strong parental influence, lost values........today's choices of entertainment (violent video games, social media, musical lyrics, etc.)

This is a large piece of the pie. There are more influences. The serious problem is the true number of influences and compounding problems that create these “perfect storms” of idiots. It isn’t one thing, nor is one thing going to significantly help. It’s a culmination of several issues with as many actions that need to be taken to curb them. It’s also generational in influence, so anything that could or would help will take many years to bring the results.

Society as a whole IS THE ISSUE. it isn’t a gun problem. It’s trigger puller problem.

I have said for years, the problem is how we have let our kids become addicted to violence...Violent movies, violent video games, and TV...and I am as big an addict as anyone, but mature (or just down right old) enough to know that real life should not be an imitation of the arts....art should imitate life.
Little animals learn behaviors from watching the big animals and how their elders relate to their surroundings....Well guess what?...So do our kids, Look what they are watching...violent movies, violent video games oh yeah, and no telling what they see and are exposed to on the internet. (Read all this as the absence of parental attention)
Then, factor in all the hateful speech heard daily as we watch the chasm between political parties widen,
The chickens are coming home to roost, and I dont see us turning this around anytime soon.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Whizbang] #14377272 05/26/22 01:04 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Whizbang

I have said for years, the problem is how we have let our kids become addicted to violence...Violent movies, violent video games, and TV...and I am as big an addict as anyone, but mature (or just down right old) enough to know that real life should not be an imitation of the arts....art should imitate life.
Little animals learn behaviors from watching the big animals and how their elders relate to their surroundings....Well guess what?...So do our kids, Look what they are watching...violent movies, violent video games oh yeah, and no telling what they see and are exposed to on the internet. (Read all this as the absence of parental attention)
Then, factor in all the hateful speech heard daily as we watch the chasm between political parties widen,
The chickens are coming home to roost, and I dont see us turning this around anytime soon.

Bet every other country in the world is glad they don't have the same violent movies, violet video games, and TV that the USA has.........

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14377277 05/26/22 01:13 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Bet every other country in the world is glad they don't have the same violent movies, violet video games, and TV that the USA has.........

serious question do you believe they don't already have the same movies and games as our kids have had?

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14377281 05/26/22 01:16 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

serious question do you believe they don't already have the same movies and games as our kids have had?

Are you saying you didn't get the sarcasm? Of course they have the same movies and games, they just don't have the school and mass shootings.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377294 05/26/22 01:46 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

Are you saying you didn't get the sarcasm? Of course they have the same movies and games, they just don't have the school and mass shootings.

blonde moment LOL

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Coach Hark] #14377306 05/26/22 02:08 AM
C
CKINCAID Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Originally Posted by CKINCAID
I don't know....but was this a government public school? How many happened at private Christian or other private school? Wonder what the chart is on this. And I seen the image of the 18yo in the bunker. Definitely a head case. But damn them guns.

Speaking of school ‼️‼️‼️ Dear Lord, your private school failed you.

Not everyone inputs s or exclamation or worries about grammar like some. But good for you. Do you wonder about which way the powder burned on his hand too? Maybe where he aimed? Sometimes nothing said about grammar is the manly thing to do. Congrats Coach! You win the [censored] trophy.

To you school failed me but my hands and brains provide me a life to support a family and to be able to handle this administration's BS. That's a win in my book, so go ahead and pick meaninglessness battles.

Last edited by CKINCAID; 05/26/22 02:13 AM.

FJB
If life isn't going right...Go left
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14377311 05/26/22 02:17 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by patriot07

Ok but how do you fix that in real life? Nobody disagrees that this is the problem, but how do you fix this in a way that saves lives? Realistic, implementable actions

I truly have no idea. I build cars and fish. I don’t know the answers. I can, however, spot problems and analyze statistical data to see common issues. I know that if you take a gun from someone that commits to killing, they’ll use a car, truck, knife, bomb, etc. The weapon is a vehicle that the killer drives to their destination.

As for my society comment. The world we live in has made instant gratification a drug. The shooter at the school was using social media to predict and validate his moves yesterday. He was announcing what he was doing, as he was doing it. Instant gratification. This world has taught everyone that everyone is equal and deserving of the exact same achievements. It simply isn’t true. There cannot be equality. There is always gonna be different results in life that are simply not repeatable across the board.
When someone feels that they deserve equality, but fail to achieve it…it’s always someone else’s fault. This drives anger.

I don’t know the answers. I am not sure there is an answer.

I never thought to shoot up a school when I was a kid. Ever. I wanted to play “war” with my friends because that was what I saw on TV. I wasn’t influenced by social media. It really didn’t exist. If I wanted to be looked at as a winner…I had to win. I don’t know what kids go through nowadays. I do know for a fact that the internet is a world they live in.

At my sons college graduation a few weeks ago. I learned how REAL the internet is to them. My son has a GF…they don’t go out much. They just kinda hang out. I know (thought) he had no friends… it like I would call friends anyways.
At his ceremony, he was salutatorian. He texted me from the back stage and said “I’m going second across the stage”. I said “why..I thought it was alphabetical order “. He said “it is…I don’t know why I’m second”. When he crossed the stage the crowd erupted with “NERD!! And tons of cheering and whistles”. He looks like a duck dynasty cast member. Long haired bearded goofball. He had 100’s of friends that knew him. Solely from the internet. I thought he was a hermit. The internet is his world and where he will work and socially gather.

I don’t know the internet world. I visit a couple fishing sites and a few car building sites. That’s about it. The world to me is pulling a boat and interacting with other guys and fishing. We handle our confrontations with swift immediate actions. Then, maybe drink a beer, or whatever. I don’t know what kids do when their internet world collapse on them. They can’t fight it out. They can only implore that they are right…or not deserving of the ridicule, or whatever. I’d guess that the internet has more emotional consequences than my “real world” deals to me.

I think social media is the root causes of the changes in young peoples tendencies to act out violently in a very over the top irrational way. The real world “ain’t real” to them. Or so it seems.

I don’t know. I’m just rambling

That's all fine but if you can't fix the people problem. Not easily anyway.

I don't know how this guy got into the building but the Sandy Hook shooter literally shot his way through the front door.

You can say it's not a gun problem all you want. I agree with you. But if we don't offer concrete solutions to start fixing what we believe the problem is, guns are going to end up being part of the solution.

The problem is easy access to guns for people with mental problems. The problem isn't guns, the problem isn't people. The problem is the combination. We've got to start fixing people, or liberals are going to push even harder to try to "fix" the guns. They're only gonna watch kids get gunned down for so long before enough moderates join their forces and our lack of ideas has cost us our 2nd amendment right.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377325 05/26/22 02:37 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
The levels of aggression are very high in the US.
The vast majority are able to channel this toward healthy competitiveness.
In conditions such as mental illness or drug abuse, the aggression can turn into violent, destructive rage.

I agree that part of the solution includes an increased presence of religion, faith, and spirituality.

[Linked Image]
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: racing75] #14377364 05/26/22 03:55 AM
W
Whizbang Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I have lived in several countries overseas, and I can attest that at least, where I have lived and visited, do the kids do not have access to the violent and sex in movies and games that ours do...they practice sensible censorship. Here, we hold up the first amendment, and practice unbridled capitalism.

Last edited by Whizbang; 05/26/22 03:56 AM.
Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: CCTX] #14377376 05/26/22 04:28 AM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CCTX
In conditions such as mental illness or drug abuse, the aggression can turn into violent, destructive rage.

I agree that part of the solution includes an increased presence of religion, faith, and spirituality.

Which brings self accountability

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: outdoor-addict] #14377408 05/26/22 11:09 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

This is a good post on summarizing the root of the problem. Hardly none of this is correctable.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: CCTX] #14377413 05/26/22 11:20 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by CCTX

This is insightful and well put.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Another Insight On These School Shootings [Re: Whizbang] #14377466 05/26/22 12:45 PM
jcarring99 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I have lived in several countries overseas, and I can attest that at least, where I have lived and visited, do the kids do not have access to the violent and sex in movies and games that ours do...they practice sensible censorship. Here, we hold up the first amendment, and practice unbridled capitalism.

So the argument is made that very restrictive gun laws is the number one reason why there aren't mass shootings in Europe. What was your experience? Of course they say we should be doing the same

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide