Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: kdub#1] #14641477 02/24/23 10:44 PM
P
porta Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
A float tube helps me get away from crowds, at most places.

Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: kdub#1] #14643978 02/27/23 05:37 PM
K
kdub#1 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
K
Drove up friday night to sleep in my truck, I was up at 5am on saturday, and was drinking coffee on the spot on the river I wanted to fish by 5:30. I have learned to do this in order to beat the guides (one guide in particular) who set up on a spot and fish a morning trip and an afternoon trip in the same hole. I only do this for spots that I know are FIRE , otherwise I'll sleep in and move around. Two gentlemen finished their beauty rest before getting up and making breakfast. They watched my catch fish after fish and finally decided to mozy on down to fish the run I was fishing. Not a big run, maybe big enough for 2 if you were friends, but from watching me they knew I was fishing the run from bottom to top and then I would do it over again. I was catching fish right near the shore at the start and then working my way deeper. One of them starts to try to fish the top of the run and when I said good morning asks do you mind if I fish here? uhhh yeah I kinda do I said. so he fished the run above.. Then his buddy comes walking down next to the bank through the water and stands right behind me (remember I said the fish were near the shore), he could have stayed on the on the trail 5 ft away. He stops and stands behind me literally feet away before he moves to fish the bottom of the run I had been fishing all morning, literally casting a few feet from the end of my drift. He say's "This is a good spot" I replied "yeah it is, that's why I got up at 5am." They eventually moved down to another hole below us and caught a few fish, you know the empty spot where nobody else was fishing. This kind of behavior gets me fired up because I would NEVER do that CHIT to someone. If I drive by and there is someone in a spot I keep on keeping on and go somewhere else. If I see someone fishing and I am walking towards them, I give a wide berth, I do not walk through the water spooking fish. It's not like these guys were new either, they new what they were doing and thought that because they were camped nearby they were entitled and when they saw me catching they could just not help themselves. Oh well, I caught a ton of fish and then went to another spot I had never fished before and wore em out there too.

Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: kdub#1] #14644829 02/28/23 10:03 AM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted by kdub#1
Drove up friday night to sleep in my truck, I was up at 5am on saturday, and was drinking coffee on the spot on the river I wanted to fish by 5:30. I have learned to do this in order to beat the guides (one guide in particular) who set up on a spot and fish a morning trip and an afternoon trip in the same hole. I only do this for spots that I know are FIRE , otherwise I'll sleep in and move around. Two gentlemen finished their beauty rest before getting up and making breakfast. They watched my catch fish after fish and finally decided to mozy on down to fish the run I was fishing. Not a big run, maybe big enough for 2 if you were friends, but from watching me they knew I was fishing the run from bottom to top and then I would do it over again. I was catching fish right near the shore at the start and then working my way deeper. One of them starts to try to fish the top of the run and when I said good morning asks do you mind if I fish here? uhhh yeah I kinda do I said. so he fished the run above.. Then his buddy comes walking down next to the bank through the water and stands right behind me (remember I said the fish were near the shore), he could have stayed on the on the trail 5 ft away. He stops and stands behind me literally feet away before he moves to fish the bottom of the run I had been fishing all morning, literally casting a few feet from the end of my drift. He say's "This is a good spot" I replied "yeah it is, that's why I got up at 5am." They eventually moved down to another hole below us and caught a few fish, you know the empty spot where nobody else was fishing. This kind of behavior gets me fired up because I would NEVER do that CHIT to someone. If I drive by and there is someone in a spot I keep on keeping on and go somewhere else. If I see someone fishing and I am walking towards them, I give a wide berth, I do not walk through the water spooking fish. It's not like these guys were new either, they new what they were doing and thought that because they were camped nearby they were entitled and when they saw me catching they could just not help themselves. Oh well, I caught a ton of fish and then went to another spot I had never fished before and wore em out there too.

Combat fishing at its finest. Trout fishing up there isn’t a whole lot different than rowlett creek in the spring. There are a few areas you won’t see to many people, or at least there were prior to the massive flood that stripped it to bedrock, and those were the areas that required a little work and quite a bit of walking to get to.

Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #14646811 03/01/23 10:08 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Combat fishing at its finest. Trout fishing up there isn’t a whole lot different than rowlett creek in the spring. There are a few areas you won’t see to many people, or at least there were prior to the massive flood that stripped it to bedrock, and those were the areas that required a little work and quite a bit of walking to get to.

Unfortunately, the flood took care of the majority of those places. Most every hole is pretty easy to walk to now. And not just for the fishermen, but for the waders, picnickers, rock skippers and anything else that will ruin the fishing. From cold hole bridge you can see pretty much all the way to the dam and all the way down to evening hole from the bluffs. It's wide open and easy to access so there are tons of people everywhere. I'm like Kdub, if I see someone fishing and I can't allow a comfortable distance, or they're working a run the I just go somewhere else. If I can't find a spot to fish anywhere then I just don't fish. There are a couple of spots i know that aren't secret by any means but usually aren't crowded and I can get in to fish them. Otherwise, I'll go do something else. Now a days i pretty much avoid the area unless it's during the week.

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: kdub#1] #14646817 03/01/23 10:16 PM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
It will get worse here soon, when they legalize pot. roflmao

Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: SoonerDG] #14646861 03/01/23 11:07 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted by SoonerDG
Originally Posted by Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Unfortunately, the flood took care of the majority of those places. Most every hole is pretty easy to walk to now. And not just for the fishermen, but for the waders, picnickers, rock skippers and anything else that will ruin the fishing. From cold hole bridge you can see pretty much all the way to the dam and all the way down to evening hole from the bluffs. It's wide open and easy to access so there are tons of people everywhere. I'm like Kdub, if I see someone fishing and I can't allow a comfortable distance, or they're working a run the I just go somewhere else. If I can't find a spot to fish anywhere then I just don't fish. There are a couple of spots i know that aren't secret by any means but usually aren't crowded and I can get in to fish them. Otherwise, I'll go do something else. Now a days i pretty much avoid the area unless it's during the week.

Yep. In the old days the stretch between the foot bridge the spillway was pretty good, as well as the stretch between cold hole bridge and what used to be that old footbridge that was at the very end of the trail down spillway creek. Those were the good old days, back when lost creek was still there and evening hole creek was a slow trickle down to the bluffs. Hard to believe that was over 10 years ago when it was still like that.

Re: distance ettiquite ,LMF [Re: kdub#1] #14648422 03/03/23 01:10 AM
L
Lurehound Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Sometimes people are respectful, and sometimes you get a know it all. Hope it gets better for ya!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide