Print Thread
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 #14941548 12/30/23 05:11 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Welcome to Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] Early Edition 2024 (12-30-23 Sat. AM-1):

Time for the New Year's thread for 2024.

Perhaps you are just tuning in. Here & there, in previous years, I have shared some tips. And in the 2010 thread, there is my share on the Catfish Calendar.

Even though I discovered the YC pattern & my Catfish Calendar back in 1981, I mapped it out in 1982 for 3 years- 1983 thru 1985, just to confirm it. That was on the Trinity River downstream from TX 21 bridge. I also had tried it off TX 21 on the Navasota River & Brazos River in 1981, which is how I realized something was different. I also found that Gator Gars use the same days as do YCs, but run (feed) a few hours earlier. It is very close to 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 2 on, 7 off, 3 on, then repeat. There is a slight overlap from time to time to re-adjust. My PYC (Personal YellowCat Days) days are the actual pattern, which most of the time coincides with the Catfish Calendar. The Calendar shows one of my 4 "sigs", which is the strongest for that day. Of course, there are other factors that can weigh in.

And then I hit (found) a more chaotic pattern of the BCs.

And then there is Bleedover (overlap), which like Dave learned, if you play it right, you can capitalize on it to incresase your volume on an outing. See the KEY for several tips & findings (observations) to assist you.

I discovered what I term or call a "roam-feed circuit switch". You might say, it is a sort of built-in pattern (instinct), in which a certain variety of fish must leave comfort & go out to gather food, instead of laying low, and waiting for iot to come to you. My estimation is that 66% to 75% of that species follow this pattern, and the rest that do not . THey are what I refer to as "rogue". In other words, they dance to a different tune/beat. The KEY shares my 4 sigs, as well as tips & pointers learned over the years, from me & my three prize YC/Calendar students- Jeff & James S. & Elvin L. They had never caught any YellowCats before. Once they finally applied what I shared, within 30 days, their 4th YC weighed in at a hefty 62.4#. Even bass fishermen come over to the Catfish section to get the Calendar, as they also like to catch YCs.

Browse the archives (starting from mid 2010):

Previously ...
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>
2015 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10541276/1>
2016 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11325915/1>
2017 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12013552/1>
2018 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12556618/1>
2019 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13015486/1>
2020 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13397571/1>
2021 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13838755/1>
2022 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14243314/1>
2023 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14589620/1>

And this year's ...
2024 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14941548/1>

IF'n I finally get higher speed internet, I just finally might share some pics.

It also seems I am due in Egypt sometime this year (2024). It will probably be in the late Fall or early Winter though, due to many roof repairs that need to be taken care of first.

OK, let's get started.

A Happy New Years early!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14941568 12/30/23 05:32 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] January 2024 (12-30-23 Sat. AM-2):

Hyper-Jump link for 2024---
<https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14941548/1>

Don't be shy, post your pic or pics with a brief or good story, whether with conjunction of the Catfish Calendar or not.

Briefs on Ukraine, wife Elena, daughter Helen, and here at home-

Helen's doctors still are in question as to her low hemoglobin. Plus Russia stepped up its hits to Ukraine with over 122 this past day Friday (12-29-23) or past 1.5 days.

Elena is still researching where to get her operation, Ukraine, Turkey, Unsure as Egypt, and even possibly Germany. And due to Ukraine striking another battleship off Crimea, Russia has upstepped their war campaiugn. This only makes it unsafer for Elena to go to Ukraine for a few days, They even shelled a maternity ward. And of course, puts daughter Helen in more danger in Bucha just WNW of Kiev across the bridge Ukraine had to blow to prevent Russian entry intyo Kiev.

As to here on the homefront, it seems I am plagued with roof repairs (about 6 areas). If you were to get up on ours, it is like a football field up there. OK, as of the 1st, I will be knocked off of dial-up here at home, so I am dispatching January & February 2024 early just to be sure you get it. I will sort of be out of pocket until I can get another internet access going out here, but not sure for how long.

2024 brings us Leap Year, which means 29 days in February. One more fishing day.

In case you did not know, we are due for a total solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024 Wednesday at a curvature running from Maine down thru Texas (as cities along totality), which includes Dallas & Austin, and just maybe us here in Bryan-College Station too. I was trying to look at the graph & figure it out.

Here's your calendar for January 2024 ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JANUARY 2024
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / 1 BC | 2 ZIP | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 BFT | 6 BFT
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BC | 13 BFT
14 YC | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BC | 20 ZIP
21 ZIP | 22 YC | 23 YC | 24 YC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BFT
28 BFT | 29 BC | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2024 Moon Phases---
3rd- Last Qtr
11th- New Moon
17th- 1st Qtr
25th- Full Moon

TARGETOS (Multiple Target Briefs)---

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2024 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
***Decoded, it looks like this...
1st Week- 4/5/6 Thurs/Fri/Sat
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 14/15 Sun/Mon
4th Week- 23/24 Tues/Wed
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2024 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 22/23/24 Mon/Tues/Wed
5th Week- NONE

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- January 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1 Mon
2nd Week- 11/12 Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- 18/19 Thurs/Fri
4th Week- 25/26 Thurs/Fri
5th Week- 29 Mon

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- January 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 5/6 Fri/Sat
2nd Week- 13 Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 27 Sat
5th Week- 28 Sun

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into February 2024 or you can just look at the February calendar coming up next. ...
next PYC days- 1/2/3 Thurs/Fri/Sat `
next YC days- 18/19/20 Sun/Mon/Tues
next BC days- 6/8/9 Tues/Thurs/Fri
next BFT days- 1/2/3 Thurs/Fri/Sat

Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Here is the KEY ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2022 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happy New Year!!!
Be Safe & Stay Warm!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14941591 12/30/23 06:03 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] February 2024 (12-30-23 Sat. AM-3):

I forgot mention in January's calendar posting that Dave asked on several things concerning the Calendar & such. He ran jugs. I shared about Bleedover & how to bump up your volume. Just for one outing, see his post (separately & also on the Catfish Calendar. In fact, for some, here are a few briefs & pics if you missed them or never have.

Dave's neighborhood started calling him "Catfish" as well due to his volume brought home, while still in Texas.

#3621390 - 11/14/16 11:13 AM
Meat haul
oklahomadave
Green Horn
Hey Lynn, even though I moved to Oklahoma, I continue to to use you calendar. I baited my jugs on the afternoon of the 10th and made a meat haul on the 11th. These fish were taken at Ft Cobb Lake in Oklahoma. 20 jugs with 2 hooks per jug, pulled just once.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
he posted this also on TFF to the forum-
Had 20 jugs with 2 hooks each. Baited out on the afternoon of 10 Nov and pulled them just once on the morning of the 11th. Brought home 21 nice fish. Released the big one and six small ones. Also had 4 jump the hook when pulling them in. 32 fish on 40 hooks. Fresh chicken breast and Dead Red. BTW I've been using Lynn's Catfish Calendar for 5 years now.

<http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11941303/Re:_Meat_Haul#Post11941303>
OR
<http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11941303/1>
+++++++++++

Then there is "millertimeatthelake" who has also become a pro of the Calendar & PYC days, who also posted some pics on the calendar thread in 2018, I think. Yep, you can fish that out in the 2018 thread. He has pics too in the 2018 thread

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12781055 06/05/18 04:42 PM
Millertimeatthelake
Outdoorsman
Lake Palo Pinto, Texas
Catfish Lynn, I still follow you like the moon ol buddy...It works and i'm a believer!
<https://www.instagram.com/yeehawg/>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2018 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #12862576 08/13/18 01:01 PM
Millertimeatthelake
Outdoorsman
Lake Palo Pinto, Texas
Morning Guys and Gals...Just wanted to stop and say a big ol "THANKS" to CATFISH LYNN and the calendar for keeping me on the fish at all times...I watch the calendar like a hawk and fish it every chance I get without disappointment.
Both fish were caught on Lake Palo Pinto 08/09/18 (PYC DAY) smaller yellow was at 2000 and the bigger one was at 2023 on whole dead shad about 10" laying on the bottom in ~20' of water.
Keep your hooks sharp boys and girls
<https://www.instagram.com/yeehawg/?hl=en>

++++++++++++
Then, you get a comment that confirms you rediscovered something (the PATTERN) that very few knew about-
+++
HERE IT IS- as to the PATTERN---

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) 2016 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #11947865 11/23/16 03:24 PM
Big Zee
Extreme Angler
East Yegua
I have not heard the 7 off and 2 on in a long time. My grandpa always told me "find that pattern and your on the yellow cats all year." He was right. Good advice there thanks again.
Hebrews 11:1
+++

Nothing to report here. I hope you had a very good set of Holy-Days!!! And perhaps a bit of catfishing too!!! It seems I am plagued by several roof repairs for the next month or so, as time & weather permits. It sure is not cooperating.

Here's your calendar for February 2024 ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- FEBRUARY 2024
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 BFT | 3 BFT
4 ZIP | 5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 ZIP | 8 BC | 9 BC | 10 BFT
11 BFT | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 BC | 15 BC | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP
18 YC | 19 YC | 20 YC | 21 BC | 22 BC | 23 BFT | 24 BFT
25 BFT | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BFT | 29 BFT

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2024 Moon Phases---
2nd- Last Qtr
9th- New Moon
16th- 1st Qtr
24th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2024 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2/3 Thurs/Sun/Mon
2nd Week- 10 Sat
3rd Week- 11 Sun
4th Week- 19/20 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 28/29/(1) Thurs/Fri/Sat

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2024 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 18/19/20 Sun/Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- February 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/8/9 Tues/Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- 14/15 Wed/Thurs
4th Week- 21/22 Wed/Thurs
5th Week- 26/27 Mon/Tues

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- February 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1/2/3 Thurs/Fri/Sat
2nd Week- 10 Sat
3rd Week- 11 Sun
4th Week- 23/24 Fri/Sat
5th Week- 25/28/29/(1) Sun

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into March 2024 ...
next PYC days- (28/29)/1 & 8/9 (Wed/Thurs)/Fri & Fri/Sat
next YC days- 17/18 Sun/Mon (also PYC days)
next BC days- 4/5 & 13 Mon/Tues & Wed
next BFT days- 1 & 6/7/8/9 Fri & Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat

Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Look back to January for the KEY.

There ya go!!!
I'll be back, hopefully sooner than March.
Stay safe & warm!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14941599 12/30/23 06:24 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
OK, I took care of you for the first 2 months into 2024. I should be upstairs working, but it still is quite chilly & besides, I managed to get those items up for you. If needed, I can be reached via "E-dress" sat <HLYNNH@peoplepc.com> as I will be dropping by my sister's (in town) about every 2 to 3 days as she has city cable company Wi-Fi.

But I am limited to U-10 (2021 HP laptop) and am trying to find time to figure out Windows 10 & loss of my programs (so-called Apps now) that I have on U-6 (XP)& U-9 (WIN 7) at home. PPC (now owned by Earthlink, is shutting down dial-up (trickle dial) & the phone company has fiber optic cable, but is on the opposite side of the state highway here in the country & will not run it across unless they pay a hefty price to the state or county. So I am stuck with getting satellite internet.

Last year I had one company come out but several places were not good due to the "forest". But I finally found a spot & am hoping for results to finaly get higher speeds. So, sadly, instead of fishing for catfish, I have to fish for internet connection.

All I can say, is get out there & Catfish wehen you can. I am hoping I might get one more shot at "The Giant" somewhere between March & May, but I will have to get one of the motors running, or get another little one (a $200 3.5 HP no-name on Amazon like Eric & Troy did recently). As paddling out to where "The Giant" roams, takes up to an hour or less in the 12 footer, but about an hour+ in he 14 footer.

Have a good one until then!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #15010856 03/08/24 02:04 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] March 2024 (3-3-24 Sun. AM):

Apologies, as we had a family get together Sunday & I forgot to post March. Then I forgot to add the RTF March Calendar on my thumb drive to slot it in on Tuesday night, so finally getting it done on Thursday night (3-7-24.

I can't say it's been fun, as it has not. I have been delayed getting internet, as I try to get a special cubby area ready for a satellite dish up on the 2nd floor balcony beside the "TreeHouse" as my Uncle called it. It originally started as a the frame from an upstairs clubhouse (playhouse), I had built on stilts where we lived in town before moving to the country in 1994. From it, I built my Daughter a room. Then I added a room with a bathroom at a corner angle. My Uncle added an upper roof & extended it out about 10 feet further for a balcony that he could hunt from or just relax. I realized that from this, it has a view of a satellite (that is towards the south) without tree obstruction. If there might be, I only have two trees to take out, but I think it will be OK as is.

And to top it off, I had the van konk out on January 8th. I finally got the Metro back on the road January 25th. And I finally envisioned (due to less pressure since getting the Metro running, as to having to depend on rides from my Daughter & Sister the night of) something I had not thought of, as to the van problem of not starting. A few years before my Uncle James (fishing partner) passed away in January 2020, he had a grey two wire extension wire run down to the starter. In fact, my Son-in-law was the one that wired it down below. But he could not recall why or to exactly what it was attached to. He was thinking James had a problem & did it because of that. My wonder- was it for troubleshooting purposes or to bypass something. The wires were up around the battery. I finally realized on January 7th that I could visualize an angle I initially missed. The two wires were actually clipped together with a male & female slide terminals. I had tried both to the positive, and also one on positive & the other negative. But that did not worked. So I recut the wires & wired them together on Sunday January 28th & cranked the Chrysler van right up. So, either he was rerouting another wire to the alternator jumping to the positive cable (connected up by the battery), or he was bypassing a problem in one of the 3 computer boxes. He was a supertech in electronics & electrical avenues, so he knew exactly how to remedy or get around the problem, but did not exactly fix whatever the problem was. A rat had chewed one wire in two that Saturday night, as there was signs of one being in the engine compartment, in two places.

And then we had our share of really cold weather & rainy weekends, which hampered or delayed my work upstairs to get back online. Just maybe, when I get it going, then I can turn to the boat motors, and get at least one fishing trip in before the summer heat hits again. James had gotten a trailer hitch installed so we could haul my cousin's boat, so we could once again do some lake fishing out of Running Branch Marina on Lake Limestone. Sadly, he did not make it, but I acquired the van from my cousin, and hope to sort of fulfill James' hopes & wishes.

I will be over at my Sister's this afternoon to send this, to get on the internet. We are having a "Moving Thank You" lunch today for helping them move out during July & moving in the first weekend of November, into their double or triple wide new mobile home in town. They live on the town side off of Tabor Road (FM 974) off TX 21, while I am out of town off of the end of Tabor Road (FM 974), just off TX 21, 15 to 16 miles apart by TX 21. Much, much further if you take Tabor Road. Sadly for those who come from town using a GPS, it will send you out here via the long route, not TX 21.

Updates in Brief:
Daughter Helen is OK, but Russia has stepped up attacks in Ukraine.

Elena had to travel to Tbilisi, Georgia (she had made friends there back in 2022) and had to have a medical operation (Feb. 23rd) of which would have been under par in Egypt. She was released to her hotel room on the 27th. Then came back for follow-up & release on Thursday & headed to the airport & was back in Hurghada, Egypt about 2:30 AM Egypt time on Friday March 1st. She is OK, but still feeling about 50/50.

As for me, I just got thru replacing the 4 torn & battered corrugated fiberglass sheets for corrugated tin on the "High Top" Saturday afternoon, where the satellite will be installed below. I call it the High Top, because even though it is for the second story, it is much higher. When you get up on the high end & look down over on the lower first floor roof, you almost get the sense you might be up about 3 stories not 2 stories high. I was hoping to do most of it from 8 & 10 foot ladders, but finally decided to do it from the top. Very slippery up there & had one point of sliding down as I was on the corner of two loose sheets. I had to scramble off of them, to keep from heading off & onto the Foyer roof. And my Granddaughter was calling to check on me every 20 to 25 minutes. This section also had my Uncle slipping here, enough to where I had to come around & above him, to help pull him back up. He was losing ground, if you knoiw what I mean. Anyways, finally I am getting closer to getting back online out here.

Solar Eclipse:
Also, April 8th is coming up as to the solar eclipse running at a slight diagonal thru Texas. Waco is noted as about in the centerline of that width of passing. Shane McAuliffe (hope I got that spelled correctly) of the TV show "The Texas Bucket List" said they will be in West, Texas (just above Waco) at the Slovacek store there for the Solar Eclipse, so I guess if you can't get to an area for full effects, he may show a snip possibly on one of these following Saturday nights- April 13th or 20th. Be sure to get approved solar eclipse glasses to protect your eyes. Some are bogus out there & could cost your eyesight. There is an article on it in "Texas Co-Op Power" March 2024 issue just received by certain electrical utility customers across the state.

For those who might be fishing at the time, either in its actual width pass, or other than that, I hope to see your feedback if the fishing picked up or tapered down & what it did after it was over.

Here's your calendar for March 2024 ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MARCH 2024
XX/ XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 ZIP
3 ZIP | 4 BC | 5 BC | 6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 BFT | 9 BFT
10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP
17 YC | 18 YC | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 BFT | 23 BFT
24 BC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 YC | 28 YC | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP
31 ZIP

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2024 Moon Phases---
3rd- Last Qtr
10th- New Moon
17th- 1st Qtr
25th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2024 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- (28/29)/1 (Wed/Thurs)/Fri
2nd Week- 8/9 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 17/18 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 26/27/28 Tues/Wed/Thurs
6th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2024 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 17/18 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 27/28 Wed/Thurs
6th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- March 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 4/5 Mon/Tues
3rd Week- 13 Wed
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 24/25/26 Sun/Mon/Tues
6th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- March 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- (28/29)/1 (Wed/Thurs)/Fri
2nd Week- 6/7/8/9 Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 22/23 Fri/Sat
5th Week- NONE
6th Week- NONE

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into April 2024 ...
next PYC days- 4/5 Thurs/Fri
next YC days- 5 Fri
next BC days- 1/2 Mon/Tues
next BFT days- 3/4/6 Wed/Thurs/Sat

Special Notes ...

Look back to January for the KEY.

Hopefully be back online by April,
Wear those Life Jackets!!!
Spring Break is here- Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #15031913 03/30/24 08:47 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] April 2024 (3-30-24 Sat. AM):

Updates in Brief:
Daughter Helen is OK, but Russia has stepped up even more attacks in Ukraine, as well as Kiev.

Elena is still recovering slowly from her operation. However, a new unwanted pet has appeared in her apartment & from what she says, it has a bark.

As for me, between the regular day job & other projects, not much Lynn time to spare. I did manage to whack down trees & brush in the past 2 weeks (finally, as no rain) to help get a clear shot south for internet satellite reception. We'll hope that will get it.

Solar Eclipse:
If'n anybody decides to go "dark" on April 8th, Catfishing that is. Be sure & post about your experience, before, during & after.

Here's your calendar for April 2024 ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- APRIL 2024
XX / 1 BC | 2 BC | 3 BFT | 4 BFT | 5 YC | 6 BFT
7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 YC
14 YC | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 BC | 19 BC | 20 BC
21 BC | 22 BC | 23 YC | 24 YC | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 ZIP
28 BC | 29 BC | 30 BFT

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2024 Moon Phases---
1st- Last Qtr
8th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
23rd- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2024 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 4/5 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 13 Sat
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 22/23/24 Mon/Tues/wed
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2024 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 5 Fri
2nd Week- 13 Sat
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 23/24 Tues/Wed
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- April 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
***NOTE the 5 day run-->> 18th thru 22nd.
1st Week- 1/2 Mon/Tues
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 18/19/20 Thurs/Fri/Sat
4th Week- 21/22/25/26 Sun/Mon/Thurs/Fri
5th Week- 28/29 Sun/Mon

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- April 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 3/4/6 Wed/Thurs/Sat
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 30 Tues

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++
BONUS-
May 15th is YellowCat Day for Lynn's Catfish Calendar:
Mother's Day is Sunday May 12th for 2024
PYC Days-->> MAY 11/12 Sat/Sun
YC Days -->> 10/11/12 Fri/Sat/Sun

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into the beginning of May 2024 ...
next PYC days- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
next YC days- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
next BC days- 15/16 Wed/Thurs (a 3 day run starting on the 15th)
next BFT days- 1//25 Wed/Sat (a 4 day run starts on the 25th)

Special Notes ...

Here's the KEY...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2022 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

High hopes I will be back online this month at home,
Meanwhile, Take Care, Have Fun, Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2024 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #15065521 05/06/24 05:38 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] May 2024 (5-5-24 Sun. PM):

Greetings for Cinco de Mayo!

OK, I think we have had enough rain. STOP already! It is starting to mimic that wet spring of 1979, high water everywhere for like 2+ months worth. Lot of memories, umm, very wet memories.

It was back on this day 5-5-2018 also a Sunday, 6 years back, that I found "The Giant" was still well & alive & still treading his path/trail when I unexpectedly had him on my trotline once again. It was not until I looked around & realized I was right in his normal path, that I did not have about a 60+ pounder, but once again, "The Giant" & I was right over him, but in a 12 footer. Realizing the gravity of it being able to roll me over, I grasp the dire situation/ Only in thrusting upward, he thrust downward. The race was on. Only to find that he or me, snapped the size 36 green nylon leader line just above the hook. I was thinking it was solid braid, but it was the cheaper & weaker braided with the core in it. I am thinking it was a Mustad SS "J" style 9/0 stump hook. They have a short shank & do not give. He took the hook. My 4/0 SS barrel swivel held, but the leader line cord did not. The main line was also the same size 36 but 3 strand. So I now have size 96 and some size 72 ready for him. I forget if I now have those SS 4/0 or 6/0 (SS coated brass).

Updates in Brief:

Daughter Helen is still OK, but sometimes it is off to the shelter due to continued air strikes on Kiev. Loss of sleep sometimes.

Elena is better as her stitches/scar still give her trouble (they said no exercise for 6 months), and it has already started heating up over there im Egypt.

As for me, a second attempt at HughesNet failed. First time was about 2 or 3 years ago. However, my sister finally came up with an idea. When they stayed here from August into November last year waiting on their new home to come in & get set up, after trial & error, they were able to use their HotSpot to get on the internet, most of the time. So I decided I am tired of cutting down trees & having to constantly to comply with new rules (at least for HughesNet). I got another cell phone from Family Mobile at Wal-Mart (Nokia C-110 or C-1110), a $50 unlimited card (but only 30GB HotSpot), and an extra $10 for extended two year warranty totaling almost $108 up front, then about $50 or less after that per month. It would have been $65 first month if I had gotten satellite, then more the 2nd month & months 13-24 would have jumped even more. If you recall, I am in Dead Zone Central. It took us quite some time to get it connected in town. Then I barely got on Thursday night, and never could after that. Saturday May 4th I finally searched for the right spot in the Living Room that would get a signal. Finally, I found it. Fingers crossed. So far it has worked. With Elena out of the woods on her operation & no more spending time on trying for a satellite, I just might have time to get a good fishing trip in at the lake. And just maybe, catch "The Giant". But I've got to work on motors, or at least the small one, so I can get the 14 footer out to "The Giant's" Path or trail, as paddling took forever in a 14 footer, compared to the 12 footer. I can zoom in a 12 footer paddling. Besides, it is a No Wake Zone. Of course the bigger Blues are down at the corner, which is quite aways out there. I helped set out a trotline for my cousin near the path/trail of "The Giant" & he was amazed at how many that line caught, so I might put it in that area for Blues & Channels.

'Nuff Said.

Here's your calendar for MAY 2024 ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2024
XX / XX / XX | 1 BFT | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 ZIP
5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 YC | 11 YC
12 YC | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 BC | 16 BC | 17 BC | 18 ZIP
19 ZIP | 20 YC | 21 YC | 22 YC | 23 BC | 24 BC | 25 BFT
26 BFT | 27 BFT | 28 BFT | 29 YC | 30 YC | 31 ZIP

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2024 Moon Phases---
1st- Last Qtr
7th- New Moon
15th- 1st Qtr
23rd- Full Moon
30th- Last Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2024 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 11 Sat
3rd Week- 12 Sun
4th Week- 20/21/22 Mon/Tues/Wed
5th Week- 29/30 Wed/Thurs

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2024 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 11 Sat
3rd Week- 12 Sun
4th Week- 20/21/22 Mon/Tues/Wed
5th Week- 29/30 Wed/Thurs

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- MAY 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
***NOTE the 3 day BC run-->> 15th-17th
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 15/16/17 Wed/Thurs/Fri
4th Week- 23/24 Thurs/Fri
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- MAY 2024, by each week, as to the Calendar:
***NOTE the 4 day BFT run-->> 25th thru 28th
1st Week- 1 /Wed
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 25 Sat
5th Week- 26/27/28 Sun/Mon/Tues

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into the beginning of JUNE 2024 ...
next PYC days- 7/8 Fri/Sat
next YC days- 18 Tues
next BC days- 3/12/13 Mon/Wed/Thurs
next BFT days- 7 Fri

Special Notes ...

The KEY was posted in April, so back up one if needed

Yeah! As far as can tell,
I am back up online finally!!!
Have a Safe Memorial Day!
Take Care & Wear that Life Jacket!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide