Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer #15006881 03/04/24 01:23 PM
W
Woj Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman
W
Anyone use the Shut up and Fish Livescope trolling motor (Ultrex) mount (ProDucer) and use it for crappie fishing off the Starboard side of the boat? Looking for options. Not sure if I want to mount a pole to the deck of my boat and was looking for options. Or... is a deck mounted pole the way to go? Usually have others in the boat fishing off the starboard side.

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15006905 03/04/24 01:41 PM
gborg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Woj
Anyone use the Shut up and Fish Livescope trolling motor (Ultrex) mount (ProDucer) and use it for crappie fishing off the Starboard side of the boat? Looking for options. Not sure if I want to mount a pole to the deck of my boat and was looking for options. Or... is a deck mounted pole the way to go? Usually have others in the boat fishing off the starboard side.

I have used deck mounted pole from fishing specialties for little over 2 years. Unless one lowers the transducer from said pole below the boat , one can scan one side and one side only. By placing transducer on front of troller with separate pole allowing the transducer to move independently , one can scan both sides of their boat without moving the troller head. This option comes in handy when dock shooting and wind apposes the pole mount side. Just my opinion, one of the guru's will chime in shortly.

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15006914 03/04/24 01:48 PM
C
Crappie Ford Man Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I have the ProDucer for exactly a week now. David's a great guy to work with. I've had it out on the lake once so consider that in my response.

Best things:

1) It's nice in the sense that it's stow-and-go (don't have the extra step of having to fiddle with deploying and stowing the pole). Previously I had a SeeLite pole and had to deploy and stow it separate from the trolling motor. This is huge to me. My knees were taking a beating always having to deploy and stow the transducer.
2) I like that you can just twist the handle of the ProDucer to pan the transducer searching for structure. Previously I had to use my off arm to move a pole around all the time and that wore out my shoulder. The twist solution is much better for me personally. You can also move the transducer 360 degrees to see all around you.
3) I love the extension arm of the handle. It's very easy to find the perfect length for you.

Adjustments I'll need:

1) I'm trying to figure out how I can get the twisting of the transduce to be a little smoother. I think I may need to loosen up a screw or something as an adjustment.
2) My seat on the deck is a little too far back and a little short to be able to sit and manipulate the transducer. Therefore, I need to always stand to perform the transducer panning. I'll probably need to move my seat closer to the trolling motor
3) My seat on the deck sits too low also. I think I'll need a higher butt seat moved forward on the deck. I've found that the panning of the transducer is more effective if I'm using it at a higher angle.

I think I can make the adjustments needed. The Pros exceed the Cons. Good luck.

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Crappie Ford Man] #15006939 03/04/24 02:15 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Crappie Ford Man
I have the ProDucer for exactly a week now. David's a great guy to work with. I've had it out on the lake once so consider that in my response.

Best things:

1) It's nice in the sense that it's stow-and-go (don't have the extra step of having to fiddle with deploying and stowing the pole). Previously I had a SeeLite pole and had to deploy and stow it separate from the trolling motor. This is huge to me. My knees were taking a beating always having to deploy and stow the transducer.
2) I like that you can just twist the handle of the ProDucer to pan the transducer searching for structure. Previously I had to use my off arm to move a pole around all the time and that wore out my shoulder. The twist solution is much better for me personally. You can also move the transducer 360 degrees to see all around you.
3) I love the extension arm of the handle. It's very easy to find the perfect length for you.

Adjustments I'll need:

1) I'm trying to figure out how I can get the twisting of the transduce to be a little smoother. I think I may need to loosen up a screw or something as an adjustment.
2) My seat on the deck is a little too far back and a little short to be able to sit and manipulate the transducer. Therefore, I need to always stand to perform the transducer panning. I'll probably need to move my seat closer to the trolling motor
3) My seat on the deck sits too low also. I think I'll need a higher butt seat moved forward on the deck. I've found that the panning of the transducer is more effective if I'm using it at a higher angle.

Tom, Be sure you have a small space between the sleeve and two adjustment collars. If they are sandwiched to tight it will cause friction and not turn freely.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #15006989 03/04/24 02:56 PM
C
Crappie Ford Man Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Best things:

Adjustments I'll need:

Tom, Be sure you have a small space between the sleeve and two adjustment collars. If they are sandwiched to tight it will cause friction and not turn freely.

Thanks David, I'll give that a shot. I knew it had to be something simple.

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #15007014 03/04/24 03:15 PM
W
Woj Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Best things:

Adjustments I'll need:

David, do you see many of your customers using your ProDucer for my scenario? i.e. crappie guys fishing off the starboard side because there are 2-3 people fishing?

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15007400 03/04/24 10:05 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I believe the Pro Ducer pole is meant to be used off the front of the boat such as most of the trolling motor mounts are. With that being said if you are looking to fish off the bow, then the pro ducer is hard to beat IMO. Easy to twist your hand instead of moving your arm back and forth and it cuts the work of having a separate pole in half. I love mine!

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15007866 03/05/24 12:44 PM
W
Woj Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman
W
Just Ordered one. I'll see how it goes. Thanks

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15008678 03/06/24 12:58 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I've got the TM mount and have one person fishing on right side. Not a problem keeping the transducer on the structure. The issue most likely to affect the additional people in the boat will be determining exactly where the transducer is pointing. If you're just locating the structure and dropping in the vicinity, you're not getting the most value from LS. Knowing how to drop the jig right in front of the fish is the key. Regardless of the type of mount, with 2-3 people fishing right side, putting baits right on the fish will be an issue. But whether I'm fishing right side with 2-3 people or by myself, I'm getting the Producer for all the benefits it offers.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15009091 03/06/24 01:33 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Woj
Just Ordered one. I'll see how it goes. Thanks

You will see it on your front porch today.
Thank you for your order...
David

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15014199 03/11/24 08:12 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Woj

Had a deck mounted pole for years. Just switched this week to the ProDucer mounted to the Ultrex. I like everything being deployed at once and I like the twist handle. I seriously doubt I'll go back to a deck mounted pole. I'll most likely be putting that up for sale.

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: SoonerDG] #15014668 03/12/24 12:19 PM
gborg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by SoonerDG
Originally Posted by Woj

Had a deck mounted pole for years. Just switched this week to the ProDucer mounted to the Ultrex. I like everything being deployed at once and I like the twist handle. I seriously doubt I'll go back to a deck mounted pole. I'll most likely be putting that up for sale.

How does one scan a dock ? What position is required for the boat to view the entire dock with or against the wind ??

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: gborg] #15015172 03/12/24 10:33 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by gborg
Originally Posted by Woj

How does one scan a dock ? What position is required for the boat to view the entire dock with or against the wind ??

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking. But, even with the ProDucer mounted on the TM the transducer still moves independent of the TM. I can rotate the transducer almost 360 degrees (limited by the cable) so i can scan the dock no matter how the boat is positioned. Is that what you meant?

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: SoonerDG] #15015615 03/13/24 01:43 PM
gborg Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by gborg
Originally Posted by Woj

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking. But, even with the ProDucer mounted on the TM the transducer still moves independent of the TM. I can rotate the transducer almost 360 degrees (limited by the cable) so i can scan the dock no matter how the boat is positioned. Is that what you meant?

Scanning docks can require more than a passing glance, whereby time in a scanning position is critical . My livescope pole in on the starboard side and unless there is no wind or wind is against me, scanning the dock(s) can be an issue. Sometimes requiring me to make U turn, go past the target dock and repeat.
Does the Producer eliminate said problem?

Re: Shut Up And Fish - ProDucer [Re: Woj] #15015899 03/13/24 06:57 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Ah, I see what you're saying. I do think the ProDucer helps with this some since it's mounted out in front of the bow. So when I approach a dock the boat can turn nearly 180 degrees and I can still keep the transducer pointed at the dock. If the boat turns completely stern to the dock then it's a bit more sketchy since the boat can get in the way of the transducer if it's not deep enough in the water. When I had it deck mounted on the starboard side it was difficult to scan if the boat turned port side to the dock. Plus, the twist handle on the ProDucer allows you to turn the pole almost 360 degrees without the handle getting hard to reach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide