Forums59
Topics1,040,306
Posts13,979,365
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024052 03/22/24 02:29 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Well, he is using Hummingbird so..........

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024063 03/22/24 02:44 PM
D
Dogfish_Jones Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I do think it has changed the way fishing is done, especially the tournaments. There are tournaments where you are 99% tied to fishing FFS or you will not have a chance in winning it. Yea, its boring to watch, it is not all that interesting because you are seeing 100 anglers doing the very same thing, looking down at their graph, pitching out a small jig bait and using spinning gear. There is nothing really that deviates from that type fishing in tournaments.
I know people have banged the drum at NASCAR and said it was boring because everyone has the same stuff, you cannot even wear the gloves to drive the car, its against the rules. Same engine, same spoilers, same shocks, same springs.it's all the same and NASCAR has lost a good many fans because it just got boring.
It would not bother me in the least to ban FFS for the professional tournaments. You then would see a different approach to catching fish. Each angler would have their strengths and weakness there and who ever can compensate those will usually do very well in the tournament.

Now let me go to the weekends guys, the people who never fish tournaments but like fishing and catching fish....in other words people like me now. I've had my run, I had my time running and gunning the tournament trails, I'm through with that, I just want to fun fish now. Nothing wrong in tournament fishing, I have gotten to the age and physical limits that 8-10 hour tournaments are not fun to me anymore.
I will also preface this and say, I have FFS, I have 360, I have Si, DI,and about 3 too many graphs on my boat.
I will use FFS "some" when I am fishing, mainly because I am not very good with it or understand it all that much, but just enough to see where it can help me catch fish. If anything it helps me eliminate dead water and find productive water. I find I like my 360 more or my sonar, but it is a tool I decided to get because ...well....I could afford that luxury I suppose.
I have limited time to fish, I work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday. My time to enjoy fishing is cut down to mainly a Saturday with 2,000 other boats out on the water on a giving Saturday in the summer. I will fish to catch fish and when I either get tired, or get beat up from the waves, I go home. I want the equipment that allows me to catch as many fish as possible during that time allotted to me.
I normally fish by myself and enjoy the peace I find doing that. I forget everything around me and just focus to catching fish. FFS helps me do that. I would say I use FFS around the 30% range, the other 70% I am fishing banks, docks, lay downs, grass and I find I am not near good enough to understand FFS to enhance my chances. I am sure it does, I just do not care to delve into learning it that much I guess.

For me, I said "me", I would ban FFS on the pro circuit and let what happens to local tournaments or clubs decided based on what they want to do. I will use the analogy in baseball here. Hank did the baseball, I will use the bat. In High School, College you can use an aluminum bat rather than wood. That aluminum bat can make that baseball fly off the bat and go further, but the pro's, MLB has said NO!, we will use wooden bat because it is just not fair that the best of the best use something that will change the game forever. I see that now happening to the Pro Circuit in fishing. These guys are the best of the best, they do not need FFS to catch fish, these guys are super good without it.

Me on the other hand, not fishing tournaments, who cares what I use, just do not use dynamite please..you could really kill yourself doing that, and a bunch of fish. I am a catch and release guy. I cannot even tell you the last time I took any fish home. I'm sure it has been over 40 years or so.I do want to keep those fish alive and to grow bigger for another day to catch them.

I know this has been a longer post, but that is how I feel about FFS if any cares, which I'm sure they don't because I have no voice in the matter either way. I just do me.

2020 Nitro Z20, Mercury 250xp 4 stroke
"Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is called Fishing and not catching"
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024075 03/22/24 02:55 PM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
I'm not against FFS and I think Randy is a clown, but I think Hank made some valid points and presented a reasonable view on the issues.

Last edited by 1bassdaddy; 03/22/24 02:57 PM.
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: 1bassdaddy] #15024099 03/22/24 03:18 PM
D
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by 1bassdaddy
I'm not against FFS and I think Randy is a clown, but I think Hank made some valid points and presented a reasonable view on the issues.

I'm not a Randy fan myself. He is your typical Liberal, if you do not agree with him, you are the enemy.

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: Strugglebus] #15024111 03/22/24 03:27 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by Strugglebus
I dont understand why it is that when someone comes out and expresses an opinion on FFS, pro or con, that doesnt agree with yours, some automatically try to discredit and put down the man, rather than take on his opinion. Some of ya'll sound like old women. Hank should be able to express his views without the hens all tearing him down. Him being on the cutting edge of tech since its induction gives him credibility in MY opinion. He obviously sees something different with this newest technology and chose to share his views. I dont agree with him, but this used to be America where ideas were celebrated, not impugned, and men with major accomplishments were respected. He was the Millikin of his day, used the tech, was a media star, and made a lot of money. He earned his right to his opinion, even if i think it is a wrong one.

Correct. The guys on this forum get so butthurt when people come out against FFS.

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: wabash2015] #15024117 03/22/24 03:39 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by wabash2015
I dont understand why it is that when someone comes out and expresses an opinion on FFS, pro or con, that doesnt agree with yours, some automatically try to discredit and put down the man, rather than take on his opinion. Some of ya'll sound like old women. Hank should be able to express his views without the hens all tearing him down. Him being on the cutting edge of tech since its induction gives him credibility in MY opinion. He obviously sees something different with this newest technology and chose to share his views. I dont agree with him, but this used to be America where ideas were celebrated, not impugned, and men with major accomplishments were respected. He was the Millikin of his day, used the tech, was a media star, and made a lot of money. He earned his right to his opinion, even if i think it is a wrong one.

Correct. The guys on this forum get so butthurt when people come out against FFS.

Yep!!

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: wabash2015] #15024122 03/22/24 03:45 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

There are 3 (and only 3) rules on this fishing forum.

1. Under absolutely NO circumstance, do you speak ill of the the FFS. The FFS pro wannabe's on here will come unglued, and it will essentially ruin their week.

2. Under absolutely NO circumstance, do you speak ill of their idols. Miliken, Hall, Jones, ect...Just don't do it. To do so if TFF suicide. If you want to risk not being invited to the TFF Christmas party, then go ahead and express that unpopular opinion. If you're good with having you own opinions and not being led around like a sheep, then go ahead and tell us how you feel.

3. And lastly, NEVER EVER, say anything against the "cool crowd on here". They are the governing body of the TFF. They are the 30 pound sack in practice guys. They are the maxed out credit cards but I have 8 graphs on my boat guy. They are the ones whose opinions matter, and only their opinions.

If you can follow these rules, then you to can be a "celebrity" on here. If you can't, then unfortunately you're just an average Joe whose opinion is wrong. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024129 03/22/24 03:58 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Lol

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024145 03/22/24 04:24 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Someone needs to get Bill Dance off the Live Mix. He can't hardly form a sentence.

Go Tech
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: RedRaider3933] #15024209 03/22/24 05:25 PM
D
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933
Someone needs to get Bill Dance off the Live Mix. He can't hardly form a sentence.

You mean he has Joe Biden syndrome?

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: J.H.S.] #15024238 03/22/24 05:47 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

1. Under absolutely NO circumstance, do you speak ill of the the FFS. The FFS pro wannabe's on here will come unglued, and it will essentially ruin their week.

2. Under absolutely NO circumstance, do you speak ill of their idols. Miliken, Hall, Jones, ect...Just don't do it. To do so if TFF suicide. If you want to risk not being invited to the TFF Christmas party, then go ahead and express that unpopular opinion. If you're good with having you own opinions and not being led around like a sheep, then go ahead and tell us how you feel.

3. And lastly, NEVER EVER, say anything against the "cool crowd on here". They are the governing body of the TFF. They are the 30 pound sack in practice guys. They are the maxed out credit cards but I have 8 graphs on my boat guy. They are the ones whose opinions matter, and only their opinions.

If you can follow these rules, then you to can be a "celebrity" on here. If you can't, then unfortunately you're just an average Joe whose opinion is wrong. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Best post yet and probably true

I got all day I’m retired
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: J.H.S.] #15024305 03/22/24 06:52 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

You didn’t get an invite?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: RedRaider3933] #15024313 03/22/24 07:01 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

They should put Hank Parker on with him, they could discuss private lakes and fat free shad cranks. Pump those ratings up

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: Dogfish_Jones] #15024337 03/22/24 07:38 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones

You mean he has Joe Biden syndrome?

Olds gonna old

Re: Hank Parker comes out of the closet [Re: SC-001] #15024373 03/22/24 08:17 PM
S
SoonerDG Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Hank Parker has been irrelevant for 30+ years. He's just trying to get his name back in the main stream fishing.

"Life is a matter of luck and the odds of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution." - Erich Topp, German U-boat Commander, 1943.

When in doubt, set the hook.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide