Late post but I finally recouped from the week.Possum Kingdom lake was absolutely feast or famine this week. My buddy and I arrived at the state park Tuesday morning to set up camp and got directly on the water. About 20mins in a huge thunderstorm came rolling through and my buddy got caught out in the middle of it while I was able to get under a dock and take shelter. He found some fish but I couldn’t get anything going.

Day 2 we loaded up and fished the big marina where I was able to catch a limit as the males were roaming around hitting a pink weightless floating worm. I felt pretty confident in that area. He wasn’t a fan of the docks so day 3 we tried willow beach where I had a decent one on top water quick but that was it. The wind all 3 days was blowing 20-25 out of the north.

Friday we didn’t fish but ran around town getting a few things and then checked out a few more boat ramps. That night after listening to the captain’s meeting a few hours later the decision was made to cancel day 1 due to the high winds upwards to 40mph. Again we ran around sat trying not to go crazy as the anticipation was at an all time high. Going from 2 to 1 day event makes a big difference on strategy.

Sunday tournament day, I launched back at the marina and he went to the river. With in the first 10mins I land a 22.25” and was pumped! Throughout the day I could only manage a total of 4 fish just 1 shy of my limit. The males were pretty locked in only straying a few feet from the beds now and the females just were not fully committed yet. I was able to get 2 on topwater and 2 off of beds with a weightless watermelon red worm.

Finally tally I ended with 63.25” and came in 60th out of 172. Definitely not the results I was wanting. My buddy finished with 1 fish for 16.50”. There was a total of 40 anglers that did not catch a score-able fish.

Next up is Lake Brownwood with Texas BASS NATION

If yall get a chance check out my latest video from the tournament
https://youtu.be/Cf5c-7XaY4Y?si=cGkskuz157fbBjF_
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Justin B; 04/22/24 04:24 AM.

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

https://youtube.com/channel/UCqA--bCRG3lY9CLA-YcvJvQ

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales