Forums59
Topics1,039,741
Posts13,969,664
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Jaredk] #15055986 04/24/24 09:24 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Jaredk
Originally Posted by beartrap
be a good reason not to go to Turks and Caicos plus this travel advisory.......

"What should I be careful about in Turks and Caicos?
Muggings and armed robberies, where victims are confronted by one or more armed criminals, are somewhat common in the Turks and Caicos."

But you live in Albany, GA?

The overall crime rate in Albany, GA, is 85% higher than the national average. The number of daily crimes in Albany per 100,000 residents is 16.87. Albany is safer than 6% of the countries in the United States. About 1 in 17 people in Albany are likely to be a victim of a crime.Feb 7, 2024

have to agree that Albany does have some crime problems however most of it is black on black crime in the predominately black areas of south and east albany...

where do you live?

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15055998 04/24/24 10:00 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
That happened to a guy from Andrews Tx yrs ago, took a wrong turn he said and had one bullet in his car, took months to get him out fo jail in Mexico.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056002 04/24/24 10:07 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I keep my hunting stuff in dedicated bags/backpacks/containers for this reason. Freaks me out going through airport security and accidentally having something even like a spent shell with me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: beartrap] #15056003 04/24/24 10:07 PM
J
Jaredk Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by Jaredk
be a good reason not to go to Turks and Caicos plus this travel advisory.......

"What should I be careful about in Turks and Caicos?
Muggings and armed robberies, where victims are confronted by one or more armed criminals, are somewhat common in the Turks and Caicos."

But you live in Albany, GA?

The overall crime rate in Albany, GA, is 85% higher than the national average. The number of daily crimes in Albany per 100,000 residents is 16.87. Albany is safer than 6% of the countries in the United States. About 1 in 17 people in Albany are likely to be a victim of a crime.Feb 7, 2024

have to agree that Albany does have some crime problems however most of it is black on black crime in the predominately black areas of south and east albany...

where do you live?

Warner Robins for now. Looking for land in Cumming or Dawsonville at the moment

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056004 04/24/24 10:09 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
this also happened to david fritts several years ago in Mexico....he and a couple of buddies were on deer hunting trip in mexico and as i recall it, they found some bullet worm weights in David's suburban....one of the guys was a lawyer and I think they still had to spend the night in jail plus they seized their suburban which I believe they got back later...
maybe someone with a better memory and more knowledge can furnish more info on this......

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Allison1] #15056008 04/24/24 10:11 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Allison1
He made a big mistake and I would bet money he won't spend time or be convicted.

I hope the state department has become involved in it.

They most likely won't. The US Government / embassy / ambassador getting involved in a situation where an American is being held for a crime in a foreign country is something that only happens in the movies for the most part. You do see something being done occasionally, like the time Biden traded a woman basketball player for an arms dealer. But this guy is from the most conservative state in the union, so not much chance of any help. I do hope I'm wrong.

Another Hollywood fabrication: Try running into an American Embassy waving your passport like a spy being chased by filthy commies and they'll stop you at the door and tell you to make an appointment online - and the next available appointment is in two weeks, and that's only for passport issues.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056011 04/24/24 10:22 PM
J
Jig Man Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I'm not judging the man, I'm just glad his bride is home safe.

And I think the whole country is a good place to avoid for now...

Life is Good..<><

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Allison1] #15056014 04/24/24 10:36 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
He made a big mistake and I would bet money he won't spend time or be convicted.

Yes you are correct…he made a HUGE mistake. But, to expect our government to bail him out is disgraceful. It isn’t our government’s responsibility, nor the responsibility of the people of the United States to bail him out. He made the mistake, let him foot his own bill and pay for his mistake. It is unfortunate, but fair.

What would you perspective be if it were the other way around. Someone comes to your town, from another country and commits a crime here, one that is a felony and has 12 years jail time, then his country comes and says,” sorry for your inconvenience, but he didn’t know your laws…we are gonna take him home where he knows the rules”.

The best thing a person can do is not get themselves into this kinda stuff when going to a foreign country.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056015 04/24/24 10:41 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
What a Dumb@ss.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056025 04/24/24 10:55 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
don't leave America

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056032 04/24/24 11:14 PM
U
uncle_bagster Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
U
The OK Governor and a US Senator are involved in getting him out:

https://www.kfvs12.com/2024/04/24/m...usband-arrested-turks-caicos-ammunition/

You'd think the British wouldn't allow this harsh punishment on their lands. Thirty days in jail and a fine would have been sufficient.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056042 04/25/24 12:05 AM
RCarter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Drove in to Mexico many many years back with several of my brother in laws at the time to go to Lake Guerrero fishing. Were stopped by the Federales on the way down and they discovered an empty .22 ammo box in the van we were in. They made us unload everything we had but thank goodness we were let go and continued on our way......

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: uncle_bagster] #15056138 04/25/24 03:36 AM
H
Harleydude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Happened to my FIL on a trip to Cayman. Made it there just fine and had a great week on the beach and then they found one 9mm round in the bottom of his backpack on the return. Granted he had been going there since the early 80’s so he had a substantial travel history to the island which helped but he was detained and had to spend an extra day locked up in a hotel room until he could see a magistrate. Luckily the magistrate realized it was not intentional and let him off with a fine and didn’t ban him from coming back. If you carry in the states you better double check your bags before you travel out of country. British territories do not play when it comes to the no guns thing. We figure he cleared his carry gun at some point and just forgot the loose round was there.

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: Canino] #15056448 04/25/24 06:25 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Canino
The worst part is that TSA didn't catch it on the outbound flight.

Maybe someone did find it and though F him, knowing that he would be screwed if someone found it on his return flight. confused 3

Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15056606 04/25/24 09:10 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Yes you are correct…he made a HUGE mistake. But, to expect our government to bail him out is disgraceful. It isn’t our government’s responsibility, nor the responsibility of the people of the United States to bail him out. He made the mistake, let him foot his own bill and pay for his mistake. It is unfortunate, but fair.

What would you perspective be if it were the other way around. Someone comes to your town, from another country and commits a crime here, one that is a felony and has 12 years jail time, then his country comes and says,” sorry for your inconvenience, but he didn’t know your laws…we are gonna take him home where he knows the rules”.

The best thing a person can do is not get themselves into this kinda stuff when going to a foreign country.

respectfully disagree.....there is big difference between smuggling ammunition into a country and a forgotten or overlooked shell in a backpack....one is a crime,other is a mistake and to put someone in jail 12 years for a mistake cannot be justified....and....that's one of the reasons we have diplomats and ambassadors ..is to assist citizens of this country in their dealings or visits to other countries...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide