Angler
Online Content
Angler
S
Originally Posted by nfhbass
Originally Posted by Walls
Originally Posted by nfhbass
Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
I can’t believe yall are impressed with $90k/annually. That’s basically a living wage as an adult.

90k is a pretty descent living in TX, depending where you live, his wages make no difference to me, the point of the thread was try to understand why kids are allowed to fish in a lightning storm, I think.

Are you on medication? If it "make no difference to you" then why post

"90k to the tourney director? Is this real? Who said he was a volunteer…"

It makes no difference to me whether he makes 9k or 900k. Paid vs. volunteer is what matters to me.

Thanks for taking a jab with the medication question - projection is real.

Im rethinking my values... I cant believe I am agreeing with you. This could be a monumental shift in the force.... hammer

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Barrett] #15061721 05/01/24 07:24 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
non profit means a lot of things to a lot of different folks .

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Strugglebus] #15061843 05/01/24 08:52 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Strugglebus
I can’t believe yall are impressed with $90k/annually. That’s basically a living wage as an adult.

I am a teacher. Some of us sacrifice and try to make the world a better place. Kind of a d-bag flex.

Are you insinuating that teachers sacrifice more than other professions?

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: ssmith] #15061866 05/01/24 09:15 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ssmith
non profit means a lot of things to a lot of different folks .

Like most churches…especially the ones across the street from liquor stores. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: grandbassslayer] #15061868 05/01/24 09:16 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

I am a teacher. Some of us sacrifice and try to make the world a better place. Kind of a d-bag flex.

Definitely. They get to raise y’all’s booger eaters for about the same pay as a zoo Keepers helper.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15061872 05/01/24 09:19 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Definitely. They get to raise y’all’s booger eaters for about the same pay as a zoo Keepers helper.

and the zoo animals generally are better behaved..........

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Barrett] #15061919 05/01/24 09:43 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Teachers definitely selflessly sacrifice more than most other professions. Not all, most. Thanks for teaching, strugglebus

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: SteezMacQueen] #15061940 05/01/24 10:01 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

If I had to identify the 10 worst jobs in America- school teachers wouldn’t be on the list. Perspective is lost a lot of times.

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: grandbassslayer] #15061948 05/01/24 10:10 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
I don’t think anyone said being a school teacher is a bad job. I think what he said was he took less money to do something he is passionate about, which is admirable especially today.

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: fishnfireman] #15062133 05/02/24 12:51 AM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Sounds like this is not his regular job.
as we all work normal jobs

Quess I'm cheap. Spent 4 years as a NON paid director for a 200+ member trail.

Running THSBA is his regular job. On top of that he also works as a tournament director three weekends a month for most of the year. He then also attends some regional championships and state championships when he is not the tournament director for no pay. The THSBA is much larger than a 200 member trail and the paperwork, finances, sponsor responsibilities, merchandise design, Insurance matters, people relations, and equipment management are much more complicated than running some Bass Nation trail.

What I understand from many on this board is that if a man works a full time job for a non-profit organization as basically its CEO and then works an extra three weekends a month for the majority of the year for that organization - he should not be paid for his work because the employer is non-profit.
I bet there are not many on this board that would work 24-26 days a month for the pay he receives.

Many people on this board are really good at showing their ignorance of topics. I respond on the board when I have personal knowledge of the subject matter, but I sit and listen when its a topic I have zero knowledge of so that I don't interject things that are not true.

Last edited by RKT; 05/02/24 01:27 AM.
Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Barrett] #15062360 05/02/24 12:07 PM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
I stand corrected.
IF indeed that's his Full time job he needs a raise.
Some of us have a very bad taste in the mouth when it comes to most (NON PROFIT) organizations

Last edited by fishnfireman; 05/02/24 12:09 PM.
Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: fishnfireman] #15062373 05/02/24 12:18 PM
Barrett Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I stand corrected.
Some of us have a very bad taste in the mouth when it comes to most (NON PROFIT) organizations

I just think most dont understand what they mean. Its the largest tournament organization in the world as far as number of participants and they have giant title sponsors. They are making money and thats OK! roflmao

What gets old is the forum members that dont understand this. The filings are PUBLIC

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Barrett] #15062457 05/02/24 01:28 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by Barrett
I stand corrected.

I just think most dont understand what they mean. Its the largest tournament organization in the world as far as number of participants and they have giant title sponsors. They are making money and thats OK! roflmao

What gets old is the forum members that dont understand this. The filings are PUBLIC

As per the link posted earlier people can see that there are two paid employee's and a few tournament directors that get paid. Tournament directors get paid an amount that depends on the number of entree's in that tournament. The overwhelming majority of the people running the THSBA receive zero pay and zero reimbursement for their own expenses to attend tournaments, meetings, sponsor engagements, etc..... Those running the organization do all they can to make sure to maximize the amount of scholarship money that goes back to the kids.

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: RKT] #15062476 05/02/24 01:50 PM
Barrett Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by RKT
I stand corrected.

As per the link posted earlier people can see that there are two paid employee's and a few tournament directors that get paid. Tournament directors get paid an amount that depends on the number of entree's in that tournament. The overwhelming majority of the people running the THSBA receive zero pay and zero reimbursement for their own expenses to attend tournaments, meetings, sponsor engagements, etc..... Those running the organization do all they can to make sure to maximize the amount of scholarship money that goes back to the kids.

What happens to the scholorship money that the kids dont use? You seem to be in the know on a lot of this.

Re: HS tournament on PK [Re: Barrett] #15062535 05/02/24 02:45 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by RKT
I stand corrected.

What happens to the scholarship money that the kids dont use? You seem to be in the know on a lot of this.

If scholarships are not claimed or used the money will be used for more scholarships the next year. It still goes back to the kids.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide