Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067704 05/08/24 06:06 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CanCatchEm77
I just spoke with Mitchell who’s the owner, he flat out told me he can’t afford to fix it and thanks for the heads up if I’m taking him to court. So with that being said, thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Did you tell him he HASNT FIXED IT YET?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067707 05/08/24 06:08 PM
J
Jman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted by CanCatchEm77
I just spoke with Mitchell who’s the owner, he flat out told me he can’t afford to fix it and thanks for the heads up if I’m taking him to court. So with that being said, thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Which to me sounds like he couldn't afford to fix it the first time as well.

Jim Featherston
Mortgage Loan Officer - NMLS 2509901
Red Diamond Home Loans
PH 972-890-3114
Apply at: RDHLoans.com/Jim
Licensed to Serve Clients in Texas and Florida
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067711 05/08/24 06:11 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Fricking POS, I’m getting sick of the thieves and scammers.

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067728 05/08/24 06:22 PM
RCarter Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Guy sure getting a lot of free advertising roflmao

Internet can make you and can break you

Last edited by RCarter; 05/08/24 06:23 PM.

WORK HARD.....FISH HARDER!

GOD is Great...BEER is Good...and PEOPLE are CrAZy
billy currington
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067729 05/08/24 06:23 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
The shop likely is not going to fix the boat, even if they offered I would not allow them to touch it, if it were me. Your insurance company is done with the claim. So this leaves a couple of viable options. Take it another shop, that is reputable, and show them every bit of paperwork and pics you have from the previous repair and prior to the repair and ask if the boat can be fixed and what it would cost top repair it correctly. It may not even be worth the cost to repair an 18 year old hull that has some significant damage.

With that information from a 3rd party, contact the insurance company and see if they will at least consider a partial compensation. That is probably is a no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Now find out what the cost of an attorney will cost you and if the people you are suing even the money or insurance to fix it. The repair could be less than what an attorney will cost plus this will likely be a long process. The wheels turn very slow in our justice system.

May be easier, cheaper and take less time to write it off, buy another hull and move on. Though, if it were me I would consider that and also consider suing the people if I felt they were at fault. But if they do not own their property and this is the kind of work they do, there business likely isn't worth much or the trouble of obtaining a judgement and/or lien on the business.

If you look them up they have 6 google reviews and only 3 with comments. The first two and latest comments are pretty damning that the place could suck.

All that being said, we know nothing from the other side. There are always 3 sides to every story.

Good Luck and keep the TFF quilting club updated.

#MFGA
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067758 05/08/24 06:43 PM
R
RKT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
At this point I would probably find a place to legally park the boat in front of their shop with a huge sign saying "This is how Cedar Creek Fiberglass fixed my boat" with a big arrow pointing to the damage. I would then tell them I would remove the boat when they paid me back everything they were paid for the repairs.

It looks like there is a used car dealership across the street. They might even let you park it there for a small fee.

Last edited by RKT; 05/08/24 06:46 PM.
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: RKT] #15067767 05/08/24 06:50 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RKT
At this point I would probably find a place to legally park the boat in front of their shop with a huge sign saying "This is how Cedar Creek Fiberglass fixed my boat" with a big arrow pointing to the damage. I would then tell them I would remove the boat when they paid me back everything they were paid for the repairs.

It looks like there is a used car dealership across the street. They might even let you park it there for a small fee.

They probably just put a sign pointing towards the boat that said, “HIS CHECK BOUNCED!” roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: Douglas J] #15067807 05/08/24 07:53 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Douglas J
The shop likely is not going to fix the boat, even if they offered I would not allow them to touch it, if it were me. Your insurance company is done with the claim. So this leaves a couple of viable options. Take it another shop, that is reputable, and show them every bit of paperwork and pics you have from the previous repair and prior to the repair and ask if the boat can be fixed and what it would cost top repair it correctly. It may not even be worth the cost to repair an 18 year old hull that has some significant damage.

With that information from a 3rd party, contact the insurance company and see if they will at least consider a partial compensation. That is probably is a no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Now find out what the cost of an attorney will cost you and if the people you are suing even the money or insurance to fix it. The repair could be less than what an attorney will cost plus this will likely be a long process. The wheels turn very slow in our justice system.

May be easier, cheaper and take less time to write it off, buy another hull and move on. Though, if it were me I would consider that and also consider suing the people if I felt they were at fault. But if they do not own their property and this is the kind of work they do, there business likely isn't worth much or the trouble of obtaining a judgement and/or lien on the business.

If you look them up they have 6 google reviews and only 3 with comments. The first two and latest comments are pretty damning that the place could suck.

All that being said, we know nothing from the other side. There are always 3 sides to every story.

Good Luck and keep the TFF quilting club updated.

TFF quilting club roflmao roflmao

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067808 05/08/24 07:56 PM
T
tx_basser Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
T
Small claims court won't do anything.. other than cause you frustration if you win and still can't collect. Lawyers are going to throw good money after bad. I would take to another shop and see if they can fix correctly or call it a loss and get another hull.

Then I would go scorched earth on Social Medial to the 1st shop that stuck it to you.

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067812 05/08/24 07:57 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
talk to an attorney who can tell you if the insurance company still has some obligation to repair or replace your boat......you can get some well meaning advice here but only an attorney can look at your policy and tell you whether the insurance company still has a legal obigation to restore or replace your boat....most attorneys will not charge you for your intial visit...

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067840 05/08/24 08:38 PM
ssmith Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
when an insurance company pays for a repair where you wanted to get it fixed has no obligation to repair it again. just out of curiosity how much did the repair cost?

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: beartrap] #15067846 05/08/24 08:39 PM
P
PowerLizard Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted by beartrap
talk to an attorney who can tell you if the insurance company still has some obligation to repair or replace your boat......you can get some well meaning advice here but only an attorney can look at your policy and tell you whether the insurance company still has a legal obigation to restore or replace your boat....most attorneys will not charge you for your intial visit...

I don't trust attorneys. Any attorney who is not charging for the first hour on a small claim is just looking for more billable hours and will lead you down the path of more billable hours whether it will pay off or not. If you are paying for the first hour to make a recommendation, he will probably point you in the right direction.

At this point, I see three choices.
1) Make the owner of the shop miserable by dragging his business name through the mud. Maybe have an attorney send a letter of Notice to Sue.
2) Find a new highly recommended shop to do the repairs and pay out of pocket.
or 3) Find another boat hull to transfer your engine, trolling motor and fish finder to.

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067865 05/08/24 09:00 PM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
You can get a first visit free with a lawyer. But he won't give you much info for free. I would have a lawyer write a letter. If that doesn't help go to small claims court. I think the max is $10,000. If you win you can get a lean against him. It will handcuff him if he toy's to sell anything

Rangerkev
Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: CanCatchEm77] #15067872 05/08/24 09:08 PM
G
Grasshopperglock Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
G
How'd this boat get damaged?

The original damage before it was fixed?

Did you hit something?

Can you prove you didn't do it again?

Re: Boat repair nightmare [Re: Grasshopperglock] #15067897 05/08/24 09:23 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by Grasshopperglock
How'd this boat get damaged?

The original damage before it was fixed?

Did you hit something?

Can you prove you didn't do it again?

He said he ran over rocks

You might be on to something - tell your insurance that you ran over the rocks again
roflmao

nobody else thinks it’s weird that this is this guys first post? What was going through his mind? “ I’m pissed about my boat, so I’m going to blast a repair shop while I remain anonymous”. It’s one thing to blast progressive insurance, but I sure hope your story is straight if you’re blasting a small business.

Insurance companies are notorious for low balling claims, using non-oem, used parts, etc. there is some strategy and right things to do to ensure you get taken care of.

I would;

1. re assess your approach before you lawyer up, because lawyers are a waste of money in this situation.
2. Change your insurance provider.

Curious, who was progressive recommending when you decided to take it to your shop of choice?

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide