Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: ChrisMorris] #3645753 07/01/09 07:29 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
I agree with you there, cmorris. And if you ask, he IS required to identify himself. Most I have come in contact with say hello sir, I'm trooper/officer such and such with such and such and I stopped you because of such and such.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: HERROUTDOORS] #3645877 07/01/09 07:51 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: RACKnFIN
The police do have the authority to exercise inspections on city lakes. They may not do it often, but have the right. As for the marinas that put up no fishing signs, is that any different than a store putting up a no handguns allowed sign when it is not issued from the state? A concealed handgun liscencee has the right to carry that gun, the store owner has the right to not want guns in there store! Who is right? I would choose to shop somewhere else personally

The 30.06 signs have certain state rules and regulation that have to be followed, if a store owner puts up a sign that says no Concealed Handguns allowed then it can be over looked by the CHL owner.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3646354 07/01/09 09:36 PM
T
TDDNT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I love AMERICAN, you guy should have been in my country and see what the Police can do to you...with or out the uniform and causes..

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: ChrisMorris] #3646876 07/01/09 11:54 PM
L
lureklr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
WOW

if work is so easy then im going fishin
Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: Tin Head] #3647042 07/02/09 12:48 AM
J
j.steve Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Tin Head
Originally Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER
Originally Posted By: on the fly
Lets say you get a citation that has a fine of $200.00, $100 of that goes to the state right off the bat leaving $100.00. $50.00 will go to the governing court for fees leaving $50.00. and about an additional $30.00 will go to the court finance dept leaving $20.00 for the Police Dept to pay for payrole, equipment, vehicles, ect. Hardly scratching the surface of what the city put in for the officer to write the citation. Tickets are not about revenue it is about public saftey. BU has hit it right on the head.

Exactly but if you've got 50 officers writing 20 citations a day 7 days a week 3 shifts in a day what kind of cash are we talking about now?

It's a stretch I know but at $20 a pop it could mean $420,000.00 a week.
I dont get you guys???? First of all dont speed or break the law and you wont be paying any of that, period , its that simple. It a good thing that police target speeders. Keeps the people as a whole from running 90 MPH down the highway and slamming into your family. So you could say it contributes to safer streets. The revenue that is generated through all this is to help make your community a safer place. Whats the problem, I dont get it, unless you are one of the habitual law breakers that should not have a license to begin with.

There is too many people on the road that dont respect others and feel the road belongs to them. I bet these are the ones complaining....

Aint ever been to Hill or Ellis county I am guessing. You can have your cruise set on 65 and watch your speedo and it says 65 and they can and will give you a ticket for 84 and there aint a damned thing you can do about it. It's a racket plain and simple. Been happening for 35 years that I know of and still goin strong.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: TDDNT] #3647209 07/02/09 01:43 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: TDDNT
I love AMERICAN, you guy should have been in my country and see what the Police can do to you...with or out the uniform and causes..
Thats very true.....AMERICA IS A SPECIAL PLACE, could be worse guys stop complaing.

Last edited by Tin Head; 07/02/09 01:44 AM.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3648234 07/02/09 12:30 PM
S
stinger13 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Alot of this could be due to the bad economy. City and state employees are out there hitting it hard to pass out fines to make money.

That's a good point, Now when the police dept. is out trying supplement the city's budget with tickets, that is when I loose respect for a police officer.

They have Constables in Irving and Garland and they hide behind tree shooting radar, and there only purpose is to write tickets, they don't really care about public safety they only goal is to write tickets for revenues.

Are you saying being out and writing tickets does not affect traffic safety? Where are they at? Where are these trees? I kno it is counter to public thought, but tickets=public awareness=changing bad driving habits=less accidents.

Last edited by waker; 07/02/09 12:31 PM.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3648249 07/02/09 12:35 PM
S
stinger13 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Jigg-n-Pigg
Back to the police checking us boaters.
The Marshals (Ft.Worth Police) check boats here on Lake Worth all the time.
As does an ocasional Game Warden,the problem i have with both agencys is that they dont bother to mess with the ileagals.
putting in small boats with motors,with no Tx numbers, no lake stickers.Or the wardens not checking them for fishing licenses.
When i bring that to there attention,they just say,"well why bother writing them a ticket when next week they will have a different name" and that ticket wont be paid.But yet they can delay me for thirty minutes,and everything on my boat is leagal.

Welcome to the USA. Sometimes it better to be and Illegal Alien or least act like one so the cops won't mess with you.

They know and I am sure it is Police Policy to leave the illegals alone and not issue them tickets, cuz they would jam and backlog the court system, so they make sure you are a US citizen and focus thier attention toward you and I.

That's the attitude that hurts. The main reason that policy prohibits arresting due to being an undocumented alien is because it would take the officer off of his duties for too long a period due to all the red tape. You can't have it both ways. First you want the officer around, then you complain when he is there when it involves you. Citizen has nothing to do with it.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: stinger13] #3648254 07/02/09 12:38 PM
S
swampcat Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
check out the song "radar gun" by the bottle rockets

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3648337 07/02/09 01:12 PM
M
Michial Thompson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Alot of this could be due to the bad economy. City and state employees are out there hitting it hard to pass out fines to make money.

That's a good point, Now when the police dept. is out trying supplement the city's budget with tickets, that is when I loose respect for a police officer.

They have Constables in Irving and Garland and they hide behind tree shooting radar, and there only purpose is to write tickets, they don't really care about public safety they only goal is to write tickets for revenues.

I guess you don't see some idiot exceeding the speed limit as a threat to safety? I would beg to differ on that and wish they had more cops doing just that.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: Michial Thompson] #3648473 07/02/09 01:54 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Michial Thompson

I guess you don't see some idiot exceeding the speed limit as a threat to safety? I would beg to differ on that and wish they had more cops doing just that.

The constable are like rent a cops, They remind be of the DART police officers. Only reason they exist now of days is to write tickets for revenues.

I on the other hand have zero issue with a city police officer in that particular city writing tickets.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: stinger13] #3648499 07/02/09 01:59 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: waker
As does an ocasional Game Warden,the problem i have with both agencys is that they dont bother to mess with the ileagals.
putting in small boats with motors,with no Tx numbers, no lake stickers.Or the wardens not checking them for fishing licenses.
When i bring that to there attention,they just say,"well why bother writing them a ticket when next week they will have a different name" and that ticket wont be paid.But yet they can delay me for thirty minutes,and everything on my boat is leagal.

Welcome to the USA. Sometimes it better to be and Illegal Alien or least act like one so the cops won't mess with you.

They know and I am sure it is Police Policy to leave the illegals alone and not issue them tickets, cuz they would jam and backlog the court system, so they make sure you are a US citizen and focus thier attention toward you and I.

That's the attitude that hurts. The main reason that policy prohibits arresting due to being an undocumented alien is because it would take the officer off of his duties for too long a period due to all the red tape. You can't have it both ways. First you want the officer around, then you complain when he is there when it involves you. Citizen has nothing to do with it.

As a rule I don't need police around, It's up to the individual to protect themeselves from harm.

Probably the main reason the police don't want to mess with Illegals cuz they are scared of them, and I don't blame them. If they get into a confrontation with one, and he kills and police officer. All the illegal has to do is to go back south of border and he has protection. He can change his identity and come back across the border to the USA in a few months with a new name and as a new person.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3648538 07/02/09 02:14 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
Back to Fayette and the LCRA........

Keep up the good work, ladies and gentlemen. A presence beats none every time.

But a "funny" story........

Nothing like pulling up to the launch at the LCRA run Lake Bastrop the weekend after 9/11 only to see a lonely figure standing at the launch in full body armour and armed to the teeth with a side arm and M-16.

Checked all boats before launch looking for bombs. Opened all compartments. When he got to the gas/battery compartment, we opened it and sure enough....."Y'all have a pressurized gas tank and a battery. Enough for a bomb. Have a nice day."

We were his first customers that morning.

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: RedRanger] #3649656 07/02/09 07:16 PM
C
CardBB80 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
30.06 can not be over looked by CHL owners. The only one they can overlook is when the sign says " No Un-licensed users" which is a different sign but looks similiar. Most businesses have these posted. If there is a 30.06 sign posted you have no choice and can not carry

Re: Police checking your boat? [Re: stinger13] #3651887 07/03/09 01:22 PM
Lannie Robertson Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: waker

LOL... ok "being a citizen has nothing to do with it".
Last time i checked the word Ileagal meant ileagal.
If they have 5 gallon buckets of under sized fish,Thats ok,no Tx numbers on boats thats ok,No fishing license thats ok,Thats ileagals being ileagal.I guess it makes sense.
But because there ileagal citizens breaking the law,they should get a free pass?? Helll that sounds fair to me.
Please dont piss down my back and and try to tell me its raining!

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide