Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lures in this section.. please read.. #6801859 11/02/11 09:47 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Ok boys and girls here is the deal. If many of you would look at the bass section of the forum, you will notice that J.P Greeson has a separate section for promoting lures and events. I have discussed this with him about the white bass/hybrid/striper section to NOT have us to have to do that.

We have a few lure vendors/makers here in this section.. we all know who they are. We all have our favorites or friends that own or make lures. Please read the rules if you are not familiar with them. They are on your left hand side I will post a couple that pertain to this subject..

8. We promote a friendly atmosphere for anglers to exchange ideas. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response, or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.

9. No personal attacks if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. We will not tolerate personal attacks. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THIS FORUM.

13. Guides, fishing related businesses, and other web sites, feel free to promote your services here - the only exception to this rule is promotion of a site that is a direct competitor of the TFF or Texas Hunting Forum (THF). We consider the guides an asset to the site. If you don't agree with the use of guides, keep that information to yourself. If a guide is just posting his service, inviting you to check out his web site, let him do so. Hopefully down the road he will offer a few pointers. Guides offer a wealth of information and we want them visiting the site on a regular basis.

Ok, now on that basis, If we get a new vendor , please be courteous. I am going to let you guys and girls in on a little secrete .. are you ready?

THERE ARE NO ORIGINAL SLABS
90% of the slabs I have seen you can buy the molds on the internet. Now, might have some flash, color or even a picture .. but , just like the famous rubber worm that bass fisherman use.. its been done 1000 times over. Here is the deal, if you like a product feel free to support that person, if you have never bought that product.. dont get on the TFF and start an argument about lures. As you can tell by my signature I am on MOEs prostaff. I am grateful of that and I do love his selection of lures. MOEs has been in business 3 yrs , I think I hate to tell everybody this.. but I have used different slabs in the pasthow can that be you ask? Because they have been around longer than I have been born .. So.. before everybody gets in a pissing match about slabs and we have a full out Lure war keep your griping to yourself . Other people can read the TFF and make their own judgment on what they want to buy. Trust me, nobody has stole anything from anybody just cause it is the same shape and color means nothing I understand loyalty, so ..if you are loyal to a particular bait.. then great.. but if somebody else post they are loyal to a bait.. then we do not really need the mine is better than yours deal here. Buy what you want, dont buy ..heck.. go make your own in my opinion its to much work..

I made these 6 yrs ago 6 yrs ago.. found out how on the six old geezers website bought the mold at Barlows they are out there folks.. by the way.. I am now selling these home made lures at $29.00 a piece thats right folks.. they are such a butt whoop to make that is the price ..

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6801907 11/02/11 09:58 PM
L
luv to fish Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Guess we went to far.

Sorry John.

10 lb. hybrid, 54 lb. cat on 3/4 ounce slab-- Hubbard
Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: luv to fish] #6801937 11/02/11 10:03 PM
S
sandjohnny Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I agree 100 percent John. Give me a guy who can find'em all the time and he will catch a lot of fish. Including a cigarette
butt. Like my Grandad said there was only one truly orginal guy and look what happened to him.
Johnny

http://www.johnnysguideservice.com 8174441286 or 8175976598
Creator of OLE UGLY SLABS johnlu1313@gmail.com
[Linked Image]
OLE UGLY SLABS GO TO www.johnnysguideservice.com
Fish with the Guy who invented the OLE UGLY slab
Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: luv to fish] #6801965 11/02/11 10:12 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: luv to fish
Guess we went to far.

Sorry John.

not really.. but we have a very good section.. great guys & girls , vendors and guides.. just keep the peace smile

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802135 11/02/11 11:02 PM
G
gotreal formerly known as getreal Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
anywhoo.

Last edited by gotreal formerly known as getreal; 11/03/11 12:52 AM.

yup

if ye aint been skunked, ye aint been fishing! <<al einstene
IAMCOUNTRY
texas made lures. getcha some

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802283 11/02/11 11:51 PM
FishBeeLowMe Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Very nice work GetGot!

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802595 11/03/11 01:00 AM
Slabman ‘180’ Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Keep up the good work bait folks....

US Army Vet, Maker of “TNT 180 Slabs”
Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802610 11/03/11 01:03 AM
D
Double Dee Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
John, are you still selling your homemade purple buzzbaits that outfishes everything on Hubbard? laugh I gave my last one to SeaPro Todd and Moe's not getting any in until next year. I know "El" Nitro patented these a few years back but he doesn't sell the original version anymore. You were right, this bait works great from the shore since you can almost walk across Ray Hubbard these days. grin

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802672 11/03/11 01:16 AM
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I would like 12 of those blue ones...........how soon can you make them? stir

I personally have used a lot of the lures sold on this forum. One because they work and 2 because the guys or gals that make them I know personally and would rather them benefit from my purchase than a big brand store. thumb

I agree with John, we fish because it is fun and we make some great friends on this forum and at the lakes, and also because we like to stretch the truth a little about our fishing trips. hammer

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6802805 11/03/11 01:41 AM
M
moonriver Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
100% agree! I caught all those fishes on my HOME MADE LURE. A single type of lure can catch lmb, wb, crappie. Catching fish with home made lures makes fishing much more fun.
Morning's catch on 11-02-11.

afternoon's catch the same day.

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6803382 11/03/11 03:20 AM
B
BobC Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Good job, JV! And AMEN!

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6804058 11/03/11 01:20 PM
slabnshad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
John, I hearby agree, and disagree, My first original slab was
melted lead poured into a teaspoon with holes drilled in each
end, Brother and I and some friends did this when we were in
school, and I quit being in school in 1959, and I am sure we
had seen something similar somewhere, I still build my last
original slab, but no longer sell them, If you fish, you soon
find out that making them to sell cuts into the fishing time
quite a bit, as you know. I have used a lot of different slabs
including some from makers on this forum and if you find fish
they will all work, but I do know that they have been around for
a long time, so it is hard to claim them to be original. But
catching fish on a lure that you built is still a good feeling
even though you know that feeding Sandies wil hit anything that
moves or doesn't move.

Dennis
Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Double Dee] #6804649 11/03/11 04:06 PM
"
"Da" NITRO Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
"
Originally Posted By: Double Dee
John, are you still selling your homemade purple buzzbaits that outfishes everything on Hubbard? laugh I gave my last one to SeaPro Todd and Moe's not getting any in until next year. I know "El" Nitro patented these a few years back but he doesn't sell the original version anymore. You were right, this bait works great from the shore since you can almost walk across Ray Hubbard these days. grin

I now use orange buzzbaits made by the Yetti that lives in the Himalayas.

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6805214 11/03/11 06:33 PM
FishBeeLowMe Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
EL is that website:

www.hairEEbuttYeti.net

????

Re: Lures in this section.. please read.. [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #6805768 11/03/11 08:56 PM
T
Texas Guide Fishing - Mark Parker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Yes sir,

Its really about getting on fish - first and foremost. You get on enough feeding fish - anything works. Getting on fish that dont want to eat you can still get them to hit.

You just need to read the fish and what is the best presentation that would work best for that given situation.

All the lures are really the same (perhaps the only difference is the quality of the baits) then its up to you to figure out how best to present that bait.

For me (being a guide) Ive got to have a bait that works in most situations. Heavy enough for everyone to easily cast, and also to stay vertical with multiple folks in the boat (not getting tangled up with each other too light, we all get tangled up and to big and everyone has problems catching fish). Its kind of a match the hatch but really its the best choice for what is best for the folks we have in the boat.

Really there is no one exceptional bait (but I do only use one bait a happy medium) you just need to figure out what works best for you. Its good and fun to go thru all the baits but the more you fish the less you will use. You end up with what works best for you.

Go Fishing catch bunches and keep what you need and release the rest and try and figure out what works best for you day in and day out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide