Topics1,039,431
Posts13,964,423
Members144,204
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Saltwater Reports Jump to new posts
Galveston East Bay 4/27/2024 East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon 16 minutes ago

Surface water temperature 76 degrees. Water clarity is normal for East Galveston Bay, with the further East you travel the more stirred up the water is. With the high tides and strong South/Southeast winds we battled this week we were limited to fishing close to the shoreline over scattered shell and back in the back lakes to hide from the wind the best we could. As in previous weeks, if you see active bait the fish are close by. Anchor or PowerPole down and fan cast the entire area, as this week we were able to catch multiple limits of trout from just a couple of small areas. If you get into an area and do not see bait activity, make a few casts, and move on, as our experience has been, if you find good amounts of bait the fish are close by. This week we have thrown ¼ oz jig heads with Wac Attack straight tails in Monkey Milk, Top Waters, as well as marker 54 Glide Shrimp, under a 1’ - 2’ leader and a Fish Smack Popping Cork. The popping cork/shrimp setup was the top performer for our fishing clients this week resulting in some of the most aggressive bites of the year. We also managed to catch several over the slot Redfish this week in the same areas, as well as some nice flounder.

Spring is finally here, and fishing is continuing to heat up as the water warms and the fronts blowing thru become less disruptive. If you are looking to get out on the water and beat the crowds, now is the perfect time to make it happen, and as always, we will design a trip around your expectations, and guarantee you will have a great time fishing East Galveston Bay.

Until Next Time – Captain Jeff Brandon – Get the Net Guide Services, LLC – Year-Round Fishing Guide, 1183 N Stingaree Dr, Crystal Beach, Texas 77650

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 3 Read More
Open Freshwater Discussion Jump to new posts
Wild shot here BNagel 5 hours ago
Anyone been to Montana for smallmouth bass? Visiting my brother this July, and he has a friend with cabin and boat near Noxon Reservoir (NE of Missoula). Northern pike are also on the menu -- invasive species hated by trout fishermen, to be removed en masse. I volunteer!!

Thanks for anything. (Recommend at saltwater forums for snook fishing was 'da bomb!')

Barry the Goofy guy
0 114 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Lot of Older Fishing STUFF Woodwzrd 9 hours ago
I need to move some Older STUFF that I have collected....
Prices Vary, Starting at $10 on Tackle Boxes and $2 on Lures........
Work a Great Deal if you want ALL....
May Have some other Rod & Reels not pictured, also a Old Lantern Somewhere.....
Pick up in Irving, Tx
Can Ship Lures, and Maybe Small Tackle Boxes on Your Dime.
Text for faster response, More Info, or better pics..........Thanks, WW
Text at 469 569 1774
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 105 Read More
2 NRX’s Baitcasting 1 w/ Tags 2 Conquest Spinning 1 New never fished northdallasfisherman 11 hours ago
2 Baitcasting NRX’s
-853c 7’1 med hvy $400
-854c7’1 heavy new tags $450

2 Spinning Conquests
-843s SJR Fast med hvy new never fished has a new with box shimano vanford 2500
$550 without reel $700 with reel. This set up has never been fished

-782s SJR 6’6 fast medium with shimano Sedona reel never fished rod fished no more than 5 times
$500 without reel $600 with reel.

Would prefer face to face cash but the Prices are shipped pay with PayPal

Buy the whole lot for $2k

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 74 Read More
non-fishing CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Large cabinet b00stin4 11 hours ago
I Have a pretty large cabinet that came from a high-school at one time
It's big and heavy, has a shelves on one side and two drawers on the lower of the other side
$100
Located in Decatur 817-992-1706 clint

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 81 Read More
Recipes & Cooking - Cleaning & Preparation Jump to new posts
Fish Fries and Squash Bobcat1 11 hours ago
Sunday meal. Fried Flounder, home cut fries and fried squash. It was tolerable.

[Linked Image]
0 50 Read More
non-fishing CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Vortex razor binos b00stin4 11 hours ago
Vortex Razor 8x42 binoculars
Exc ellent shape
Comes with lens caps, bino pack and strap
I might have the box I will have to dig around
$600 located in Decatur 817-992-1706 Clint

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 72 Read More
Bank Fishing Jump to new posts
Big Fossil Creek- Fort Worth Hooked on fishing Yesterday at 04:23 PM
Anybody ever fish this creek that runs through Fort Worth called Big Fossil Creek?
0 36 Read More
Costa Del Mar fantail 580p for sale or trade turtdogg Yesterday at 03:48 PM
Brand new shipped from costa Del Mar. These are the fantail wetlands frame with orange accents and 580p lenses. Comes with case, cleaning cloth and all original paperwork/packaging. Asking 150 shipped or will trade for a new in box Shimano curado 200m right handed or daiwa tatula sv tw newest model. Text @ 832-374-2401 for faster response.
0 126 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Lake Tawakoni Bass Club 55th Annual Open May 18-19, 2024 ElmoFlash Yesterday at 02:44 PM
Come join us for two days of fun and fishing!! Free stew dinner Friday night at registration. Free kid's tournament Saturday morning. Free fish dinner for tournament anglers Saturday after weigh-in.
$3000.00 guaranteed First place!
Download your entry form here. http://www.laketawakonibassclub.com
0 88 Read More
Rods & Reels Jump to new posts
Reel Repair Gato Azul Yesterday at 02:35 AM
A while back I had a TFF member repair a couple of my reels. I am in need of repair on a couple of my reels again, but I cannot remember his name/handle. I looked at my previous posts and found nothing there. I am pretty sure we communicated through private messaging, but as you know, all of our PMs got deleted. I remember that he was very reasonable, does a great job, and is located somewhere in the DFW area . Can anyone help locate him? If not, any recommendations for a good, reasonable reel repairman? Thanks
0 64 Read More
BPS Stik-O 6” Houdini Jefffish Yesterday at 01:25 AM
Anyone have a stash of the BPS 6” Stik-O (Senko style) baits in Houdini color? BPS has stopped making all 6” colors.
0 173 Read More
Yamaha Prop M 21x14.5 Tdkdgray Yesterday at 12:08 AM
3 blade, good condition, minor scratches, came off Yamaha SHO 200 hp, $200, Royse City area
0 87 Read More
DIY Soft Plastic molds L. C. Clower 04/27/24 10:53 PM
25 soft plastic molds in a Plano box. $25, located near Cabela's/Bass Pro Fort Worth. Text 214-450-2125.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 143 Read More
Looking for 17 or 18 ft tracker bass boat under $13k USA-1 04/27/24 09:30 PM
Send me a PM of what you have. Thanks.
0 118 Read More
Cannon 10 stx uni troll downriggers Kolby Kuhn 04/27/24 02:20 AM
$175 each without mounts. The two that come with the weight retrievers are $185 each. I have one standard mount and 2 swivel mounts that I would sell for $20 each. I'll throw in some spare parts for free including a spare handle if you buy all 4. They are in good condition and work perfectly.
0 66 Read More
LEWISVILLE OPEN MAY 18th Collin County Bass Club Bassaholic2024 04/27/24 12:09 AM
Come out and join us on Lake Lewisville for our 7th annual open tournament.
0 108 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Daily praise 864 deerfeeder 04/26/24 03:16 PM
Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Lord, thank you for the promise that this verse gives to my faith. This is a powerful reminder that you are with me in every situation that I face. I can be strong, I can be filled with courage. I can go into my tough situations knowing that I do not need to have any fear because you are with me. I can cling to the promise that you will never leave me or forsake me because You are my God. Lord, increase my faith as I trust you to be God in every area of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

0 49 Read More
WTS - brand new DD26 motor cover. 200 dollars Nevistar 04/26/24 02:11 PM
Hi all,

I have a brand new DD26 motor cover that will fit a mercury 150. The only reason I am selling jt is because the boat I ordered never came in so I got a different boat which was a different color.

This is then one that has blue writing on it.

From what I am seeing these are 279 new so I would like to try and get 200 for it.

I can post pictures once I get home.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle
0 134 Read More
WTB Garmin 93sv UHD BigBassB 04/26/24 01:21 PM
Anybody have a used Garmin 93sv they want to part with?
0 112 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion Jump to new posts
Deep Sea Charter Fishing with Top Shot Fishing Team on "Happy Day Today" HDT 04/26/24 12:35 AM
Fort Lauderdale fishing report for the charter boat “Happy Day Today” and Top Shot Sportfishing Charters.

April is a great month to deep sea fish in Fort Lauderdale. We are targeting and having some great success with King Mackerel, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish, Tuna, Sharks, and Amberjacks. When the north current speeds up, the fish start to feed. I always like a little easterly wind with some chop on the water, which gets the fish up and moving. Baitfish are also migrating along the coast during these months, which increases the likelihood of seeing Tuna, Mahi and Sailfish. The warmer water temperatures in Fort Lauderdale stimulate these species and will increase the number of fish caught during a fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale. The sea conditions are calmer during the spring months compared to winter months, making an offshore fishing charter more comfortable for anglers and crew alike.

Fort Lauderdale is located along the southeastern coast of Florida where King Mackerel are plentiful due to the warm waters. Trolling the reef in 100’ to 150’ of water with two deep planner lines with a baited sea witch has been productive for King Mackerel. The Fort Lauderdale area has an abundance of reefs, wrecks, and structures, which is good for Kings. Fishing in Fort Lauderdale offers easy access to deeper waters, which is close in proximity to the coastline where Kings migrate. The Kings have been ranging in size from 8 pound to 15 pounders, and they are known for their powerful runs as well as acrobatic leaps out of the water when hooked. We are using a variety of colors to see which one gets the fish biting; for example, we will fish a green sea witch when the water color is a darker green or use a darker color sea witch on clear sunny conditions. Fresh cut strips definitely make a difference, and we are catching more and bigger ones. Adjusting the speed of boat and trolling at faster or slower speeds can help make the stubborn fish feed. Kings migrate through the area year-round, which gives anglers the opportunity to catch Kings regardless of the season; however, April and May are the peak times to target them.

Bottom fishing for Mutton Snappers has also picked up, and these fish are moving along the reef and can be found anywhere from 100 out to 200 feet of water. Fort Lauderdale has many wrecks, drop offs and structures which is good for Snapper fishing. Anchoring up or drifting in the current is a great way to target these fish. Keeping the bait close to the bottom and using fresh bait is key when targeting Snappers. Mutton Snappers are prized for their delicious taste and can grow to impressive sizes. We have been losing some Muttons to Sharks and catching most. Using a circle hook or J hook with light tackle makes for a fun fight. Depending on the conditions of the day will determine what method is used to target them.

April, May, and June are three good months for Tuna fishing in Fort Lauderdale. The close proximity to the Gulf Stream with warm waters are ideal conditions for Tuna. These fish are traveling along the continental shelf and can be caught in 100 feet of water out to 500 feet of water. Groups of Tuna will break the surface and can be visible from a distance. Look out for birds working high above the area, which is a good indication of Tuna activity. These fish are ranging from 8 to 15 pounds with some fish over 25 pounds. Tunas are prized for their strong fighting ability, and not to mention they are an excellent fish to eat either raw or cooked. Tunas have good eyesight, so a little chop in the ocean with cloudy skies will increase the bite which helps hide the line and hook set. Trolling at a higher speed can also help the Tuna bite. Using live baits for Tunas is another great method. Pilchards and Herring work well when fished out of the kite or from the outriggers. Trolling with smaller lures on the surface and deeper planner line is probably one of the most successful techniques. What also makes this style fishing exciting is the ability to hook into other species such Mahi Mahi, Sailfish and Wahoo while trolling for Tuna.

Hammerhead Sharks have been moving through the area, and with the north current, we are seeing these sharks on the surface and deep baits. They have an excellent sense of smell and can detect a bait from a long distance. April and May are two very good months when fishing in Fort Lauderdale for Sharks. In addition to Hammerheads, we are also catching Tiger, Sandbar, and Bull Sharks. I am using a single large circle hook which sets in the corner of the Shark’s mouth and eliminates the Shark getting gut hooked. A spread of three baits works the best with one on the surface, one fished at 150 feet of water and the third bait fished at 300 feet of water. A Bonita cut in half is a tough bait to beat - a Hammerhead Shark will find the scent trail and zero in on the bait. When a Hammerhead Shark feeds it’s when the excitement begins - the rod will bend over, and the drag will start ripping off the reel. Anglers will strap in for a fight of a lifetime, which can last over an hour.

Fishing in Fort Lauderdale during the month of April we have also been having a lot of success with Amberjacks. We have over a dozen wrecks in the county and these fish will congregate around the shipwrecks. We are catching these fish anywhere from 100’ of water out to 400’ of water, depending on the depth of the wreck structure. Using live bait, dead bait or vertical jigging works well when targeting Amberjack. When the current is heading to the north, I will position the boat just south of the structure, and the first mate will rig a bait and send the bait down to the bottom. It’s important to bring the bait up off the bottom and not to snag the wreck. When the fish feeds, the rod will bend over and game on. This is an important part of the fight as it is the angler’s responsibility to quickly get the fish away from the structure. Moving the boat ahead of the structure helps the angler in getting the fish away from the structure, as these fish are fighting to get back in their home. In addition to Amberjack, we are also catching Groupers and Snappers while wreck fishing.

To book a deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale aboard the “Happy Day Today” 52’ Hatteras sport fish contact Capt. Dave Zsak at 954-439-8106 Website: www.topshotfishing.com

Bahia Mar
801 Seabreeze Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
0 97 Read More
Quantum Spinning Reels sll 04/25/24 05:05 PM
*** Two NIB Quantum Accurist PT S3 spinning reels, Model ATO30SPT, 5.2:1 ratio, 7 bearings, $130 shipped for the pair.

*** (2) NIB Quantum Energy PT S3 spinning reels, Model EN30SPT, 9 Bearings, 5.2: ratio....$140 shipped for the pair.
0 84 Read More
Fishers of men DFW (Cedar Creek May 11th) M. Bates 04/25/24 03:33 PM
Come fish with us and enjoy and meal and listen to a great speaker Friday evening!!!
0 114 Read More
2020 Lund 1600 Fury ben55 04/25/24 01:02 PM
2020 Lund 1600 Fury with a 2021 Mercury 40hp 4stroke. Helix 10 SI on back and Helix 10 and 7 on front. Minn Kota Terrova 80lb with Mega 360. Has around 20 hrs. on engine. Older aluminum trailer that is in good shape. Owner passed away and I am just trying to help the family sell it. 9792775807. $10,000
0 175 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Crickets BassFever 04/25/24 01:01 AM
it's always so quiet in here when the network is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
0 195 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide