Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: Crazy Weather/Flooding Dave-0 2 minutes ago
eeks eeks eeks

[Linked Image]
9 154 Read More
Re: Should I be worried? rj74955 3 minutes ago
I mean, you are kind of baiting with the tilapia.
20 554 Read More
Re: Bit coin mining ReelBusy 3 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Never heard of it but evidently it’s going to help crash our power grid this summer.

Is this another case of high IQ people in charge?

What the heck is it?

It's a bit of a scam as it was explained to me. A bit coin mining operation is a heavy user of power and in Texas they contract X amount of electricity. When the grid is tight they are able to sell unused power back to ERCOT at a premium price. According to the guy that was explaining this, the bit coin operator can make more off of selling back to ERCOT than they do bit coin mining. They make more money by doing nothing.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/03/texas_bitcoin_power/

And here's the canny part: seeing as it was doing less work, Riot resold the electricity it had previously purchased for its mining rigs back to ERCOT at a premium price during July's scorching temperatures. The biz said it was reimbursed in power credits.

"By providing power back into the ERCOT grid during periods of peak demand, the company estimates that power credits and other benefits from curtailment activities totaled an estimated $9.5 million, significantly outweighing the reduction in [Bitcoin] mined," Les said.

That $9.5m is equivalent to 439 Bitcoin in July prices. For comparison, it produced 443 Bitcoin July 2021. Riot also still mined 318 coins last month from its remaining capacity. Bear in mind, BTC was worth more a year ago.

So, in July 2021, it mined about $15.5 million in Bitcoin. And in July 2022, it mined about $7 million in BTC, and recorded $9.5m in benefits from scaling back its output. Last month comes to about the same or a little more than a year ago. Maybe that was as planned: selling back enough power to offset the fall in Bitcoin's value.
1 36 Read More
Re: When we will see the first one here? RayBob 5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
We’re on the clock…

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

It'll be some sort of coordinated attack. Our infrastructure is far from hardened.
7 402 Read More
Re: Daily praise 872 banker-always fishing 5 minutes ago
Amen! angel2
1 6 Read More
Re: ICONIC TEXAS VENUES 77Skeet 6 minutes ago
The same thing it’s so many iconic places. Especially dance halls/bars. It ain’t what it used to be!
39 953 Read More
Bass Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: Mono vs. Fluro Opinions WAWI 6 minutes ago
I had a couple fish losses last year that cost me money. I had always thrown basically 15 and 20 poind big game. This year I'm throwing 20 and 25 pound flouro on everything but a couple braid rods. The stuff is expensive...... I buy big rolls and use mono backer on most to try and save. I like the way the heavy flouro handles compared to say 25 mono. I have got a couple fish outa nasty stuff and out from under docks that I feel like I would have lost and the hook sets with the big flipping hooks I'm using now feel pretty good. I'm gonna do it for a year or 2 and see. I think in the end I will end up with flouro on about 4 or 5 rods, braid on a couple and the other ones will be big game just because of cost.
6 70 Read More
Re: Should I be worried? RayBob 7 minutes ago
Got pics of "your" hawks?
20 554 Read More
Re: Should I be worried? Dave-0 7 minutes ago
Atta boy Muddy! Got your own Air Force in the front yard! Was it an F-15 Eagle?
20 554 Read More
Re: Should I be worried? MV 8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Allison1
Did he know about it beforehand?
Call your insurance company.

No let it play out. Your insurance company will ding you for a claim. Even if it doesn’t happen
20 554 Read More
Re: Who's better RayBob 10 minutes ago
Yep, George was a crooner. Had issues with the bottle which his last wife helped him overcome.

I vote George by a long margin. Local boy too.
31 659 Read More
Re: Crazy Weather/Flooding Dave-0 12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Pictures, or it didn't happen... Dan

wopics

From a facebook Video. Hail on the right side of frame.

[Linked Image]
9 154 Read More
Re: Winning Tradition RayBob 13 minutes ago
Congrats to the team!

On a side note I always look at wimmin playing collegiate softball and think 2 things:

1. "That pelvic structure can pass a baby purty easily"

2."That one should be hooked to a plow"
5 99 Read More
Re: Rangers at Royals, Saturday Night Baseball presley 14 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
Langford pulled his hamstring in the game which means for now Jankowski will get more playing time. IMO not really a bad thing as Langford just does not seem ready at the plate. Everyone expected him to come in and be another Carter and he may well do so at some point but just seems a bit over matched with major league pitching and has not shown any true power numbers. Hopefully they can get him straightened out and he will be as advertised after a rehab stint.

I said almost the exact same to my son after I saw him pull up on that ground ball.
11 154 Read More
Re: Mono vs. Fluro Opinions Paparon 15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by beartrap
if i ever have a conversation with a bass,got two questions that I'd really like to know the answer....
1.can a fish see mono better than flouro?
2. do bass like the taste of salt?...

roflmao Great questions though!
6 70 Read More
Re: Who's better 603Country 15 minutes ago
Conway Twitty. Real name Harold Jenkins, and played high school football in Tallulah, Louisiana. Said to have kept a ducktail comb in his sock, for recombing when he took his football helmet off. He died way too soon.

As for Merle vs Old Possum (aka No Show Jones), I’ll go with Jones.
31 659 Read More
Bit coin mining bloo_rainger 18 minutes ago
Never heard of it but evidently it’s going to help crash our power grid this summer.

Is this another case of high IQ people in charge?

What the heck is it?
1 36 Read More
Re: Mono vs. Fluro Opinions beartrap 19 minutes ago
if i ever have a conversation with a bass,got two questions that I'd really like to know the answer....
1.can a fish see mono better than flouro?
2. do bass like the taste of salt?...
6 70 Read More
Re: Crazy Weather/Flooding RayBob 20 minutes ago
Lots of flooding with SE TX and CenTex just west of Waco pretty hard hit:

Drive Texas
9 154 Read More
Re: Spot lock Feature TXanalogkd 21 minutes ago
Originally Posted by YEE_YEE
The anchor is my spot lock...

Spot lock and power pole...
36 1,512 Read More
Re: Should I be worried? Dan21XRS 21 minutes ago
Dang Mud, you must live in a rough neighborhood if you need attack hawks... Do they eat much???... Dan
20 554 Read More
Whites - Hybrids - Striper Jump to new posts
Re: Grapevine Lake 2024 DamonJ 21 minutes ago
Sat 5/4

The wife and I headed out mid morning to take a boat ride and see if we could find any fish with the high water. Put in at the Katie Woods ramp and was headed west to see how far the muddy water had pushed into the lake. Immediately saw birds working around the island. We caught sandies solid for 2-3 hours. Most smalls with some decent fish mixed in. The wife always keeps count of her catch, we stopped when she hit 100.

You could catch bigger fish off the bottom beneath the smaller surfacing fish...
80 9,607 Read More
Re: Winning Tradition RoadRunnerTR21 22 minutes ago
thumb
5 99 Read More
Whites - Hybrids - Striper Jump to new posts
Re: 363 Fish for Pop's Retirement Celebration -- MAL Heavy Lures & Hazy Eye Slabs, 2 May (1 photo) banker-always fishing 23 minutes ago
As always. Nice post and fish. Good job. thumb
3 154 Read More
Daily praise 872 deerfeeder 24 minutes ago
Romans 8:11

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Dear Lord, all through this day, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. I pray this in the name of Christ, Amen.

1 6 Read More
Page 1 of 199 1 2 3 198 199
© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide